Roland SPD-S: see pads used in a patch?

tcm4411

in patch mode, is there a way to see on the spd-s what pads have sounds assigned to them without actually striking (or auditioning) each pad?

essentially, i need a way to cheat live when i don't remember what pads have sounds on them. as i continue to create more patches, i know i'm going to forget. just wondering if there's a way outside of keeping a "cheat sheet," per say.

It's been a while since I used my SPD-S, but no, I don't think you have that function available. If I'm only gonna use half the pads (or less) for a particular song, I follow my own sort of pattern (in assignment).​
An example would be, left bottom pad=snare. Middle bottom pad=hi-hat open. Right bottom pad=hi-hat closed. And then I follow that formula from patch to patch. Adding more sounds, as I need, to top row ... and edge trigger row .... but always following my formula.​

What I do is make notes on my setlist by a song that uses a sample. I usually make a little drawing of the pad layout and shade in the one that has the sample for that particular song.

Back