premier maple kit

aspeneagle

I have found a 6 piece premier drum set on craigslist with zildjian a custom cymbals (hi hat, crash, and ride). I think its a xpk full maple kit. I was wondering what offer I should give him, assuming all is in good condition.

Attachments

• drum set.jpg
    drum set.jpg
    26.6 KB · Views: 452
I was also thinking about looking at this kit. The seller was asking $600. It is a pdp fs birch kit with a dw 4000 double bass pedal. The cymbals are 21" sabian AA raw bell dry ride, 14" sabian b8 thin crash, and 13" sabian AA fusion hats.

Attachments

• pdp.jpg
    pdp.jpg
    39.7 KB · Views: 358
I have found a 6 piece premier drum set on craigslist with zildjian a custom cymbals (hi hat, crash, and ride). I think its a xpk full maple kit. I was wondering what offer I should give him, assuming all is in good condition.

The xpk was available over time with a number of constructions, none of which included maple. This looks like a late XPK which is likely to have been eucalyptus and birch.

The Premier website states that the newly introduced XPK kits are 100% pure birch.

The previous incarnation was "blended maple", which probably means maple and luan or somesuch. Still not maple....

both those kits are nice and with good cymbals along for the price.
the pdp is known for a pretty solid build.
tough call, but i don't really like the shell lacquer/wrap on.

Yes..one of my sets is an XPK birch 90's version. Awesome sounding kit..

Back