DRUMMERWORLD OFFICIAL DISCUSSION FORUM   

Go Back   DRUMMERWORLD OFFICIAL DISCUSSION FORUM > Off Topic Lounge

Off Topic Lounge All Discussions Not Related To Drumming But Music Related

Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #1  
Old 09-24-2018, 08:01 PM
beatdat beatdat is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2018
Location: Toronto, ON
Posts: 151
Default Which Drummerworld forum do you browse the most? Which do you browse the least?

I'd have to say that the forum I browse the most on Drummerworld is Drum Technique, mostly because I'm interested in getting better at drumming and doing so in the most efficient and effective way possible. But, I do enjoy the General Discussion, Drum Gear, and Off Topic Lounge forums as well.

The one forum I don't think I've looked at much is the Electronic Drums forum in Drum Gear. I've never played in e-kit, I don't think I will, and so I'm not inclined to browse it.

What are you guys mostly here for? Is it to talk about drums in general, to talk about drummers, to talk drum technique or drum gear or is it something else?
__________________
"The piano ain't got no wrong notes." - Thelonious Monk
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 09-24-2018, 08:25 PM
Dr_Watso's Avatar
Dr_Watso Dr_Watso is online now
Platinum Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 6,335
Default Re: Which Drummerworld forum do you browse the most? Which do you browse the least?

I like to just complain a lot that you can't post off-topic things in the off-topic forum as much as I can. Therefor I spend the most time there looking for opportunities.

NOTE: This thread is not in line with the off-topic forum rules, because it is off-topic.
__________________
"I always wanted to be remembered for; being honest. Nothing else is worth a damn." - Lemmy
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 09-24-2018, 09:44 PM
Mongrel's Avatar
Mongrel Mongrel is offline
Silver Member
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: South Jersey, USA
Posts: 760
Default Re: Which Drummerworld forum do you browse the most? Which do you browse the least?

I check in several times a day hit the "New Posts" button at the top of the page and look for interesting thread titles.

If I think I have anything of value to say, or a comment to try for a laugh I make otherwise just sit back and enjoy the view\s...
__________________
Playing wrong notes passionately since 1978...
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 09-24-2018, 10:16 PM
opentune's Avatar
opentune opentune is offline
Platinum Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: British Columbia, Canada
Posts: 6,022
Default Re: Which Drummerworld forum do you browse the most? Which do you browse the least?

I also hit 'New Posts' and read whatever thread titles don't start with:
"My new kit change for the 4th time this year"
"Should I buy some Zildjian K cymbals?"
"What will coated heads sound like on my 14 tom"
"List your fave_______"
"DW drums - overated?"

I am mostly drawn to discussions of playing, styles and technique, and history of drummers.
I read, I learn, I grimace, I laugh, I sigh, ... then realize how much time I could have spent practicing instead of reading. Just kidding, its all good.
__________________
Louis
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 09-24-2018, 10:21 PM
cbphoto's Avatar
cbphoto cbphoto is offline
Silver Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: Möbius Strip
Posts: 727
Default Re: Which Drummerworld forum do you browse the most? Which do you browse the least?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mongrel View Post
I check in several times a day hit the "New Posts" button at the top of the page and look for interesting thread titles.
Ditto.

202020202020
__________________
~ CB
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 09-24-2018, 11:28 PM
Dr_Watso's Avatar
Dr_Watso Dr_Watso is online now
Platinum Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 6,335
Default Re: Which Drummerworld forum do you browse the most? Which do you browse the least?

Quote:
Originally Posted by opentune View Post
I read, I learn, I grimace, I laugh, I sigh, ... then realize how much time I could have spent practicing instead of reading. Just kidding, its all good.
Thinking about it, discussing it, joking about it, arguing about it... We're improving our craft in lots of ways by doing this. Absolutely not a time waste. It's valuable research and feedback.
__________________
"I always wanted to be remembered for; being honest. Nothing else is worth a damn." - Lemmy
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 09-24-2018, 11:34 PM
GruntersDad's Avatar
GruntersDad GruntersDad is offline
Administrator - Mayor
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Gulf Coast Seminole, Florida
Posts: 22,105
Default Re: Which Drummerworld forum do you browse the most? Which do you browse the least?

I browse the General Discussion first and move all of the threads that were dumped there instead of the Proper section. Then I go to the Off Topic Lounge because for some reason most of the spammers go there first, then I go back to the General Section and ban the spammers that land there because it is the first section to post. Then I peruse the rest of the forum and delete the posts that seem somewhat political, and then search out Dr. Watso to see which rule he may have violated that day. I eventually get to them all, but it's just part of the agreement between Bernhard and myself.
__________________
johnny
Suum cuique tribuere....
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 09-24-2018, 11:54 PM
alparrott's Avatar
alparrott alparrott is online now
Platinum Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Wenatchee, WA
Posts: 6,188
Default Re: Which Drummerworld forum do you browse the most? Which do you browse the least?

I don't read by forum. I hit "new posts" and read along, or I look for my subscribed threads, or I do a search for a topic. Crazy, I know.
__________________
Al Parrott
"Jus suum cuique"
-------------------------------------------------------
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 09-25-2018, 12:04 AM
bermuda's Avatar
bermuda bermuda is offline
Drummerworld Pro Drummer - Administrator
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 8,678
Default Re: Which Drummerworld forum do you browse the most? Which do you browse the least?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mongrel View Post
I check in several times a day hit the "New Posts" button at the top of the page and look for interesting thread titles.
And same here, this shortcut goes straight to the New Posts - http://www.drummerworld.com/forums/search.php?do=getnew
__________________
DrumDoug: "I've tried talking to the guys about our stage volume, but it just falls on deaf ears"
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 09-25-2018, 12:21 AM
Dr_Watso's Avatar
Dr_Watso Dr_Watso is online now
Platinum Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 6,335
Default Re: Which Drummerworld forum do you browse the most? Which do you browse the least?

Since we're discussing shortcuts, if you go to your profile page, you can click the link to search for posts you're involved in. Best way to keep up with on-going discussions I find as they sometimes get pushed down the list by other posts.
__________________
"I always wanted to be remembered for; being honest. Nothing else is worth a damn." - Lemmy
Reply With Quote
  #11  
Old 09-25-2018, 12:38 AM
GetAgrippa's Avatar
GetAgrippa GetAgrippa is online now
Platinum Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: U.S.
Posts: 2,880
Default Re: Which Drummerworld forum do you browse the most? Which do you browse the least?

Wow Larry showed me the "Quote" button-now all these short cuts. I randomly click around-so sometimes I miss stuff. I generally suck at multitasking so I often write(vomit) some long diatribe and post then only to realize it's the wrong thread. I hate when I do that. Of course sometimes it's the correct thread and still unrelated to the thread topic-just to keep everyone on their toes ;) I wish there was a "shed" section in playing where people post just short 1-2 minutes of something they are working on. What sometimes irritates me about the Playing sections is lots of ride by posters who want you to subscribe or only post videos and don't participate-they really aren't interested in being part of the DW community or ever comment on other videos or in other threads. Too many shy people lurking need to speak up too.
__________________
"I roll to the tune of a different drummer ;) "
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 09-25-2018, 01:57 AM
GruntersDad's Avatar
GruntersDad GruntersDad is offline
Administrator - Mayor
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Gulf Coast Seminole, Florida
Posts: 22,105
Default Re: Which Drummerworld forum do you browse the most? Which do you browse the least?

Quote:
Originally Posted by GetAgrippa View Post
Wow Larry showed me the "Quote" button-now all these short cuts. I randomly click around-so sometimes I miss stuff. I generally suck at multitasking so I often write(vomit) some long diatribe and post then only to realize it's the wrong thread. I hate when I do that. Of course sometimes it's the correct thread and still unrelated to the thread topic-just to keep everyone on their toes ;) I wish there was a "shed" section in playing where people post just short 1-2 minutes of something they are working on. What sometimes irritates me about the Playing sections is lots of ride by posters who want you to subscribe or only post videos and don't participate-they really aren't interested in being part of the DW community or ever comment on other videos or in other threads. Too many shy people lurking need to speak up too.
When you do that, go to that post, copy, go to the proper section, paste, then go back to the wrong post and delete it. You can delete your own posts with no issue. If not, send me a message and let me delete it before you get answers to that post so they don't get lost in the shuffle. sometimes as I am moving a thread, someone will post, and that post doesnt get moved and stays there without context and then I have to go delete it and hope the poster can remember what they said and repost their thoughts.
__________________
johnny
Suum cuique tribuere....
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 09-25-2018, 02:07 AM
GruntersDad's Avatar
GruntersDad GruntersDad is offline
Administrator - Mayor
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Gulf Coast Seminole, Florida
Posts: 22,105
Default Re: Which Drummerworld forum do you browse the most? Which do you browse the least?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr_Watso View Post
Since we're discussing shortcuts, if you go to your profile page, you can click the link to search for posts you're involved in. Best way to keep up with on-going discussions I find as they sometimes get pushed down the list by other posts.
You can also go to a section and look for the posts that are showing in bold print, and know that there has been entries since your last visit or entry.
__________________
johnny
Suum cuique tribuere....
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 09-25-2018, 05:36 AM
Dr_Watso's Avatar
Dr_Watso Dr_Watso is online now
Platinum Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 6,335
Default Re: Which Drummerworld forum do you browse the most? Which do you browse the least?

Quote:
Originally Posted by GruntersDad View Post
You can also go to a section and look for the posts that are showing in bold print, and know that there has been entries since your last visit or entry.
Never knew that at all. I am so used to the ego-search as I previosly mentioned I guess I never noticed. My method is automatic and searches all different forums and forum categories automatically. It's really a very easy way to keep track of your conversations.

Click your name in the top right, click the "statistics" tab in the middle, then click "find all posts by your name". It's handily organized chronologically and by latest activity. As mentioned, it looks through all sub-forums so you don't have to click around looking for threads you're a participant of.
__________________
"I always wanted to be remembered for; being honest. Nothing else is worth a damn." - Lemmy
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 09-25-2018, 06:21 AM
Tamaefx's Avatar
Tamaefx Tamaefx is offline
Silver Member
 
Join Date: May 2016
Location: France
Posts: 712
Default Re: Which Drummerworld forum do you browse the most? Which do you browse the least?

I always click on "today's post" on the quick link section.
Fast.
Reply With Quote
  #16  
Old 09-25-2018, 02:18 PM
GetAgrippa's Avatar
GetAgrippa GetAgrippa is online now
Platinum Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: U.S.
Posts: 2,880
Default Re: Which Drummerworld forum do you browse the most? Which do you browse the least?

Thanks GruntersDad. I tell ya been on this forum 11 years and still know squat. Never too old to learn. On a personal note-it must be frightening to think that people, like me, are performing research and trying to cure diseases and what not. No we aren't all DOOMED.....maybe??
__________________
"I roll to the tune of a different drummer ;) "
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old 09-25-2018, 05:27 PM
PorkPieGuy's Avatar
PorkPieGuy PorkPieGuy is online now
Platinum Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2015
Posts: 2,213
Default Re: Which Drummerworld forum do you browse the most? Which do you browse the least?

Ok, you know when you click on "Drum Gear" and it shows the different pages for Drums, Cymbals, Sticks and Heads, etc.?

Well, unbeknownst to me, there was a forum page right below that list of pages. I didn't know this existed until about a week ago.
Reply With Quote
  #18  
Old 09-25-2018, 05:30 PM
J-Boogie J-Boogie is offline
Gold Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2017
Posts: 1,011
Default Re: Which Drummerworld forum do you browse the most? Which do you browse the least?

prolly geny disco...
Reply With Quote
  #19  
Old 09-25-2018, 07:01 PM
Dr_Watso's Avatar
Dr_Watso Dr_Watso is online now
Platinum Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 6,335
Default Re: Which Drummerworld forum do you browse the most? Which do you browse the least?

Quote:
Originally Posted by GetAgrippa View Post
Thanks GruntersDad. I tell ya been on this forum 11 years and still know squat. Never too old to learn. On a personal note-it must be frightening to think that people, like me, are performing research and trying to cure diseases and what not. No we aren't all DOOMED.....maybe??
Weird people come up with the best ideas because they're weird ideas when they're first introduced.
__________________
"I always wanted to be remembered for; being honest. Nothing else is worth a damn." - Lemmy
Reply With Quote
  #20  
Old 09-26-2018, 04:30 AM
oldskoolsoul's Avatar
oldskoolsoul oldskoolsoul is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2017
Posts: 445
Default Re: Which Drummerworld forum do you browse the most? Which do you browse the least?

The most the 'General Discussion' and the 'Your Playing' section..

The least the 'Drum Gear' section, because there i always have the feeling that i am reading the same thread over and over again, despite the fact that each thread has a different title..
Reply With Quote
  #21  
Old 09-26-2018, 09:25 AM
KEEF's Avatar
KEEF KEEF is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2018
Location: Essex England
Posts: 112
Default Re: Which Drummerworld forum do you browse the most? Which do you browse the least?

Quote:
Originally Posted by PorkPieGuy View Post
Ok, you know when you click on "Drum Gear" and it shows the different pages for Drums, Cymbals, Sticks and Heads, etc.?

Well, unbeknownst to me, there was a forum page right below that list of pages. I didn't know this existed until about a week ago.
Ha! Well at least I'm in good company then PPG!
I only recently discovered this too....and I'm still trying to figure out exactly what it's for or why it is where it is!?
__________________
If you can't say nothin' nice , just say nothin'!
Reply With Quote
  #22  
Old 09-26-2018, 09:32 AM
Naigewron's Avatar
Naigewron Naigewron is offline
Platinum Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Bergen, Norway
Posts: 2,283
Default Re: Which Drummerworld forum do you browse the most? Which do you browse the least?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mongrel View Post
I check in several times a day hit the "New Posts" button at the top of the page and look for interesting thread titles.

If I think I have anything of value to say, or a comment to try for a laugh I make otherwise just sit back and enjoy the view\s...
Exactly this. I almost never browse specific forums; I do all my browing from "New Posts".
Reply With Quote
  #23  
Old 09-26-2018, 09:34 AM
Naigewron's Avatar
Naigewron Naigewron is offline
Platinum Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Bergen, Norway
Posts: 2,283
Default Re: Which Drummerworld forum do you browse the most? Which do you browse the least?

Quote:
Originally Posted by bermuda View Post
And same here, this shortcut goes straight to the New Posts - http://www.drummerworld.com/forums/search.php?do=getnew
To expand on this:

For anyone wanting to use the New Posts feature, note that once you click that link, the URL in your address bar changes, and if you only refresh that page you will actually not receive any updates. You *have to* click the "New posts" link again (or store that exact link to your shortcuts) to get the latest threads.
Reply With Quote
  #24  
Old 09-26-2018, 11:08 AM
JustJames's Avatar
JustJames JustJames is offline
Platinum Member
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Sydney Australia
Posts: 2,953
Default Re: Which Drummerworld forum do you browse the most? Which do you browse the least?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr_Watso View Post
I like to just complain a lot that you can't post off-topic things in the off-topic forum as much as I can. Therefor I spend the most time there looking for opportunities.

NOTE: This thread is not in line with the off-topic forum rules, because it is off-topic.
But in its favour, it is very meta!
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #25  
Old 09-28-2018, 09:50 PM
beatdat beatdat is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2018
Location: Toronto, ON
Posts: 151
Default Re: Which Drummerworld forum do you browse the most? Which do you browse the least?

Quote:
Originally Posted by GruntersDad View Post
I browse the General Discussion first and move all of the threads that were dumped there instead of the Proper section. Then I go to the Off Topic Lounge because for some reason most of the spammers go there first, then I go back to the General Section and ban the spammers that land there because it is the first section to post. Then I peruse the rest of the forum and delete the posts that seem somewhat political, and then search out Dr. Watso to see which rule he may have violated that day. I eventually get to them all, but it's just part of the agreement between Bernhard and myself.
I hope you enjoy doing what you do here. While we're having fun and learning, you're... working. Appreciate what you do. Thanks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustJames View Post
But in its favour, it is very meta!
I've always found meta- discussions to be a good way to get to know people, no?
__________________
"The piano ain't got no wrong notes." - Thelonious Monk
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are Off
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off




All times are GMT +2. The time now is 07:08 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Bernhard Castiglioni's DRUMMERWORLD.com