What double bass pedal (£100-£150)

Sneer

I recently bought a Mapex Meridian Birch Kit.

Whilst it came with a perfectly good P700 single bass pedal, I am considering selling it and buying a double bass pedal.

I am willing to spend between £100-£150.

The question - which double bass pedal is best for this price? As I have never owned one before, I need a responsive set so I can quickly pick up the technique.

I recently bought a Mapex Meridian Birch Kit.

Whilst it came with a perfectly good P700 single bass pedal, I am considering selling it and buying a double bass pedal.

I am willing to spend between £100-£150.

The question - which double bass pedal is best for this price? As I have never owned one before, I need a responsive set so I can quickly pick up the technique.

I started off with the girbraltar prowler double pedal and it never failed me, i can get up to speeds on that pedal that i can achieve with other better pedals as well. Yea it is single chain driven and is not the smoothest working pedal on the marked. But like i said, it never failed me, has held up strong and never had a problem then entire time ive owned it.

Ps: i play metal as well, always have :]

My advice is to save your money up until you can buy a premium pedal. I've found much frustration with entry level double pedals in the past, and frustration with gear will lessen your desire to practice.

If you aim to play modern metal, consider a direct drive pedal such as Axis or Pearl Demon Drive or Trick. Since Axis has been around a while, you might be able to score a used double in the 250-300 euro range, maybe less.

In the meantime, put healthy focus into your left foot by integrating hihat open-close into your patterns. This will develop the muscles and independence you will need for double kick playing.

Good luck!

Providing it's in good nick, a used IC is a good choice (along with many others).

But that's commentary on the pedal, not the price....I have no idea of it's fair value in sterling.

Back