Best place to buy sticks?

joshvibert

I searched but didn't come up with anything. If this has already been discussed, please direct me to the thread. I'm a little sick of paying $10+ for a pair of sticks from the local music store. I play Vic Firth Gadd sigs. Half the time, the local store only has 1 pair, and they're horribly mis-matched or even dented from folks playing them. My concern with buying online is that I can't roll/bounce them. I also want to make sure I don't get "B" stock sticks with defects.

Can anyone point me to a good source?

Thanks!

well I order from musicians friend. they usually have pretty good deals. Also if you can make yourself use different sticks the vater "goodwood" stuff is pretty sweet and not a bad deal at all (12 pairs for 39.99)

I searched but didn't come up with anything. If this has already been discussed, please direct me to the thread. I'm a little sick of paying $10+ for a pair of sticks from the local music store. I play Vic Firth Gadd sigs. Half the time, the local store only has 1 pair, and they're horribly mis-matched or even dented from folks playing them. My concern with buying online is that I can't roll/bounce them. I also want to make sure I don't get "B" stock sticks with defects.

Can anyone point me to a good source?

Thanks!

Check out these guy's. You can get anything you want or need, and the prices are great:

http://www.customdrumstix.com/

I've been using them since '08, and EVERY single stick is perfectly straight and top notch quality. They last a long time.
Nick hand picks each board for straightness and quality (VF and others buy from the same source, and they don't go to the source and hand pick their wood).

You can use "Crafton" in the Promo Code (I'm now an endorser) and get 15% off a first order. I don't get anything out of it like "endorser points" or anything stupid like that.

No B.S. Not trying to play up a product. They're just really awesome sticks.

music123 seems to have good prices, plus free shipping in the USA, they have an ebay and an amazon store, plus i wouldnt worry about bad sticks from vic firth too much, all there american classics are matched sets.

Check out these guy's. You can get anything you want or need, and the prices are great:

I've been using them since '08, and EVERY single stick is perfectly straight and top notch quality. They last a long time.
Nick hand picks each board for straightness and quality (VF and others buy from the same source, and they don't go to the source and hand pick their wood).

You can use "Crafton" in the Promo Code (I'm now an endorser) and get 15% off a first order. I don't get anything out of it like "endorser points" or anything stupid like that.

I can attest to this. The fact that you can get a pair of drum sticks to your specifications (length, diameter, taper, tip) made from hand-picked hickory for $5 is awesome. It's like getting the exact stick you want and having the bad wood filtered out for you for cheaper than the other brands. And they do last a long time.

The price and selection is good if you have the cash to order 6 pair at a time.

LEADING SLOVENIAN MANUFACTURER OF PROFESSIONAL DRUMSTICKS

DynaVox drumsticks are a product of well-known Slovenian quality that completely satisfies the requirements of professional drummers. The production process, material used, 32 years of development and experience and very tight manufacturing tolerances provide a durable and exceptional product with the following distinctive qualities:

SOUND: top quality wood guarantees excellent sound and rebound from the sticks
BALANCE: geometrically designed for maximum speed, power and response
RELIABILITY: constant quality ensures sticks keep their straightness
DURABILITY: wood and plastic tips are guaranteed to last and maintain tone
SURFACE: suitable for dry and damp hands; model specification can also be by request.

The range of 16 models has been chosen to satisfy every style of drumming – Models 2A, 3A, 5A, 7A, 7AS, 5B, 5AB, 55B FR, Heavy Ball and 2B are made with a wooden tip, Models 2AN, 5HN, 3AN and 5AN have durable nylon tips. Model UV is a transparent, green or red drumstick that glows in ultraviolet light.

The lengths of sticks are from 370 to 425 millimetres; their shaft diameters are from 12.8 to 16.6 millimetres. The material from which they are made is Cornus; Xylopia or Maple. This special woods assures a long life and optimal balance.

We offer wide possibility for custom models.

LOW PRICES – TOP QUALITY – IMMEDIATE DELIVERY!

DynaVox products:
Studio DynaVox
Slovenia EU

Information:
GSM: +386 402 936 56
E-mail: [email protected]
Face Book: Lado Cernos

Sorry for the bit of a bump, but for Customdrumstix, on average how long does it take for an order to be shipped. Just curious.

Longest I've had to wait was 3.5 weeks. Shortest about 2.
If you do a total custom stick, expect a longer production time on the first order.

Sorry for the bit of a bump, but for Customdrumstix, on average how long does it take for an order to be shipped. Just curious.

I just ordered about two weeks ago, and Nick told me it'd probably be a bit less than four weeks. Sounds like four weeks is the stated time frame, and they try to get in under that. I can hardly wait for mine to show up!

i checked them out and was going to order a dozen but once they added $2 a stick for nylon tips and the shipping it was quite a bit more than i pay for the vic firth american classics.

12 sets nylon tip sticks plus 1 free from cdx is $84 plus $66.39 shipping to canada is $144.39
12 sets of vic firth 5bn from music 123 is $87 plus $14.95 shipping to canada is $101.95

cdx does ship to the USA for only $11.78 but music 123 ships inside the USA for free.

Last edited:

Karl,

Thanks for the heads up....and I saved 15% thanks to you....

F

Karl,

Thanks for the heads up. This is EXACTLY what I've been looking for and my next stick purchase will definitely be from them.

:)

Glad I could help your situation Mr. Wolf ;-) I assume then my LA privileges are still in good shape? :)

Florian, I think Nick said it would work for any order too, so you can use it again.

Tard, dude, I can't believe those shipping rates! Wow, that blows.

I'm working on a new stick design for this new thing I'm going to be doing.
Big tip with a sloped neck thing.
I want a lot more bounce, but with still getting a big, fat sound.
I can do press rolls and stuff with my double butt stick, but it's easier with a tapered neck. Got the idea from some old Regal 3S sticks I use to warm up with.

Working out the details before I get any big amount. I might just get some at 16" and cut down a bit at a time myself to save time and then place a 12 pair at least order.
Probably around a .574 diam., and 15.5 length. 16" sticks just don't feel comfortable for me any more...I got spoiled!

Hope your sticks work great guys, mine last for ages!

I just got an order from customdrumstix -
Tip Type-Old School Acorn, Taper-Medium, Length-16", Diameter-.516", Finish-Smooth, Lacquer-No Lacquer, Color-No Color

He let me order 2 pairs of white oak, purpleheart, and jatoba each. I worked with the owner through email, and he responded very quickly every time, and he was always very helpful. There was a delay in getting my sticks shipped because he has been so busy lately, so he threw in extra sticks and Groove Juice for being late. One pair of each is not shown. I am 100% impressed by his service and handiwork. The prices were great as well.
The sticks play very well, and sound great on medium weight rides especially. The purpleheart really has an interesting spring to it that it fun to play with. These sticks are fantastic, and the service is absolutely amazing.
Please check out this service before you order sticks again!

Attachments

• photo.jpg
    photo.jpg
    193.4 KB · Views: 895
Last edited:
I'm bumping this thread to rant a little bit. I ordered sticks from CustomDrumStix in late September (27th to be exact). I was told that they would be ready to ship in about 4 weeks. 3 weeks later I got an email from them saying that because of production delays it would be about 2 weeks until my order would ship, and they'd even throw in a couple of coupons with my order because of the delay. I was okay with this, until 2 weeks before thanksgiving when i got another email from them saying that once again something had gone wrong and my order would be delayed until the week of Thanksgiving. Now, I still have not gotten my sticks I ordered and it has been almost 3 months since I ordered them and they have not responded to my recent emails. Anyone got any advice as to what I should do?

I might have to try these!

Back