Tambourine stand

J

just_hit_it

yes its me again :) I have a kit tambourine (on a side note it glows in the dark!) and used to mount it on the hihat rod. But now, because I do alot of feet work, it just jingles ridiculously so I've taken it off.
I tried making a stand outof my old hihat stand, but that didn't really work... Does anyone know of a way of attaching it to something else? I've tried looking for perc brackets but none of them seem small enough. Is there a way I can make a decent enough bracket out of my old rod and a clamp?

yes its me again :) I have a kit tambourine (on a side note it glows in the dark!) and used to mount it on the hihat rod. But now, because I do alot of feet work, it just jingles ridiculously so I've taken it off.
I tried making a stand outof my old hihat stand, but that didn't really work... Does anyone know of a way of attaching it to something else? I've tried looking for perc brackets but none of them seem small enough. Is there a way I can make a decent enough bracket out of my old rod and a clamp?

Get a 9.5mm percussion rod with clamp, and if it's too long, cut it down to desired length with a hacksaw.

Also, at times I have mounted my tambourine on the t-bolt of one of my rack multi-clamps - just turned it until the t-bolt was straight up and down, then screwed it on.

Good luck!

Almost forgot... another technique I have used is mounting a cymbal holder into the base of a snare stand, and using the stripped cymbal threaded post to mount the tambourine. This works great for flying it in just above the rim of a snare or floor tom.

Back