Who played drums at the Michael Jackson Memorial?

spursauto42

Who played drums at the Michael Jackson Memorial? I couldn't tell from any of the camera angles. I just saw this monster kit with something like 4 bass drums and a crazy rack with cymbals.

That Kit was crazy massive! The rack gave it a real unique look to.RIP MJ What a legacy.

It looked as though the rack was the Yamaha Hex system. at first I thought they were holding all mics but I saw some flahing of some cymbals up there. It was a big kit and rack set up. But the music (that michael wouldve played, everything from off the wall to bad, etc.) was so diverse, it calls for so many different flavors.

The drummer at Michael's memorial was Jonathon Moffett and the kit and rack system was specially designed according to Jonathon's specifications and built by DW. Everyone is very proud of how the kit looks and, of course, how the drums sound!

Paul

The drummer at Michael's memorial was Jonathon Moffett and the kit and rack system was specially designed according to Jonathon's specifications and built by DW. Everyone is very proud of how the kit looks and, of course, how the drums sound!

Paul

Pretty Sure its a custom GIBRALTAR rack.

That's what I'm talking about! I just saw 'This is it' and it is a real reaaaaaaaaaaaaaal shame this is it! Has any drum magazines interviewed him since Michael's death? I'd love to see the hardware, cymbal, drum setup and all of his toys. I'll have to get some MD back issues to read about past tours I guess.

I'm actually quite surprised that Michael didn't have Sugarfoot use an electronic kit for This Is It, especially for his songs with heavily digitalized drum loops. (Smooth Criminal, The Way You Make Me Feel, etc) But I actually think the acoustic kit sounds better on those tracks, in all honesty.

Back