Show your wood

Insane! I'd like to see it under brighter lighting. Not many woods are so colorful in their natural state.

omg, it almost glows in the light LoL. in a dark room/venue it looks almost black, but with any kind of light on it you can reaaaally see the deep, rich purpleness lol. plus it has the best "mix" of a woody&metal snare sound

Shame the purple heart has to hide behind those honking doorknob lugs.

its just personal preference. I debated tubes with this one, but after looking through images of different segmented purple heart snares I saw they ALL had tube lugs. No doubt that looks great, I wanted to go towards a different rout. Big n Beefy. plus they match well with the all chrome trick throw I put on it.

Some mysterious Mapex snare. I'm not sure what model it is but it sounds very good! It's a birch snare and 13x6,5.

My 6x14 HD walnut stave. Love this drum.

IMG_3706.JPG

And a quick question. I have a mapex black panther snare that I never use and think I am buying a cherry stave shell and transferring the hw to it from the mapex. The cherry shell is undrilled but has edges and beds cut. The stave shell is 6x14 and the mapex is 6.5x14. How do I determine where to drill on the stave shell? Instinct says to measure from the top of the bearing edge to the center of the lug holes on the mapex and duplicate that on the cherry shell and also measure the distance from hole to hole on the mapex and then again duplicate that on the cherry shell. Sorry if this is a stupid question or if it is derailing thread. There are so many quality builders posting in this thread that I got inspired to try my hand at drilling. Maybe I will gain enough confidence to try from scratch depending on the success of my first project. Thanks in advance.

My beautiful new cajon from Kopf Percussion. Check out the full review here.

Attachments

• DSCN0407.JPG
    DSCN0407.JPG
    323.7 KB · Views: 1,601
  • DSCN0410.JPG
    DSCN0410.JPG
    292.2 KB · Views: 1,486
  • DSCN0411.JPG
    DSCN0411.JPG
    335 KB · Views: 1,554
Nothing really to add, but great kits..just stunning! Cool thread as well!

Here's my new 13x7 jarrah stave snare with black nickel hardware and trick strainer from "Red Rock Drums" in Melbourne I've also just received my custom kit from Paul at Metro Custom drums in Queensland a amazing spotted gum kit with black heart veneer which i haven't got photos of yet not ones that do it any justice anyway I'll have to get onto that.

Attachments

• Red Rock Drums - Ben 13x7.jpg
    Red Rock Drums - Ben 13x7.jpg
    572.2 KB · Views: 1,544
Here's my new 13x7 jarrah stave snare with black nickel hardware and trick strainer from "Red Rock Drums" in Melbourne I've also just received my custom kit from Paul at Metro Custom drums in Queensland a amazing spotted gum kit with black heart veneer which i haven't got photos of yet not ones that do it any justice anyway I'll have to get onto that.

oOooOoO nice

Back