Rec me some in ear headphones please>>>

oldjoe38

With my band I run a personal mixer for click and backing tracks as well as monitoring for my mix. Looking for a good pair of in-ears that isn't going to break the bank....

I have had problems with the Shure cables eventually splitting

I have been using the Beats in ear Tour model with the flat Monster cable

no in ear I've had compares to these

Get real molded in ones. Or at least the Sensaphonics sleeves that Shures fit into. While performing slide in earpieces are always drifting out, which loses the bass. And it's not easy to shove them back in while playing something that requires both hands. Real molded ones are more comfortable, stay in, and if molded correctly - won't leak when you sing. And because they stay in the same place, the sound is consistent. So you can set a mix and leave it. Plus they will knock off 25-30 dB of ambient sound, protecting your ears. I'm not a fan of in-ears, but when playing to clicks and tracks they're kind of essential. And having used them (Sensaphonics) and seen some of my bandmates struggle with the stock universal things (one other got Sensaphonics and another had LiveWire earpieces) I can't imagine why any performing musician wouldn't invest less that a new ride or set of hats on something that worked and protected their ears at the same time.

When the general purpose ear buds leak, you tend to turn them up to compensate for the stage levels and really abuse your ears. As someone who's suffered from tinnitus for the last ten years, a vestige of playing 6 nights a week in my early twenties, it's not worth it.

Never checked if sleeves were available for them. I don't think anyone (without an endorsement deal) takes Beats seriously.

Never checked if sleeves were available for them. I don't think anyone (without an endorsement deal) takes Beats seriously.

thats sad because they put anything Shure ever put out to shame

thats sad because they put anything Shure ever put out to shame

For listening to your MP3 player, probably. I for one don't want the overhyped bass of the Beats in my ears when performing. I prefer the flat response of the Shure's and I also roll off the low end quite a bit in my monitor mix in order to hear the click of the kick drum and the attack of the bass strings instead of just the low-end rumble of everything. I started doing that a few months ago and everything sounds so much clearer since there isn't a battle for the low end in my head. Next step is to get a Buttkicker for my throne and run the kick and bass through it and I'm good.

For listening to your MP3 player, probably. I for one don't want the overhyped bass of the Beats in my ears when performing. I prefer the flat response of the Shure's and I also roll off the low end quite a bit in my monitor mix in order to hear the click of the kick drum and the attack of the bass strings instead of just the low-end rumble of everything. I started doing that a few months ago and everything sounds so much clearer since there isn't a battle for the low end in my head. Next step is to get a Buttkicker for my throne and run the kick and bass through it and I'm good.

I don't get any overhyped bass

I'll confess that I've never tried any of the Beats or other designer ear buds. My experience with their regular headphones was enough to put me off. Well, that and a few decades of dealing with Noel Lee's marketing machine convincing people what good sound was.

The only possible purpose I can fathom for Beats headphones in a professional setting is for people mixing for a market that uses them and other over hyped bass setups like aftermarket car stereos. As a reference to make sure they don't overcook the bottom trying to get that club sound out of a flat monitoring set up, only to have it blow out the cheap DJ rigs and auto subs.

Maybe the ear buds are flatter and more transparent, but somehow I doubt it. For the price of one set of Beats, I have sitting next to me in my studio here a pair of Sony MRD-7506 which are an industry standard (although far from accurate, they give you a reference in any studio in the world) and some Grado SR-80s, which are accurate. I don't listen to headphones for pleasure, but if I did I'd have a pair of Stax.

I wouldn't consider the Shure ear buds to be the height of accuracy or transparency, but they are close enough to allow a decent IEM mix. Smiley curve consumer product would be very hard to use in a professional setting. I guess you can get used to it, but why work so hard?

I'll confess that I've never tried any of the Beats or other designer ear buds. My experience with their regular headphones was enough to put me off. Well, that and a few decades of dealing with Noel Lee's marketing machine convincing people what good sound was.

The only possible purpose I can fathom for Beats headphones in a professional setting is for people mixing for a market that uses them and other over hyped bass setups like aftermarket car stereos. As a reference to make sure they don't overcook the bottom trying to get that club sound out of a flat monitoring set up, only to have it blow out the cheap DJ rigs and auto subs.

Maybe the ear buds are flatter and more transparent, but somehow I doubt it. For the price of one set of Beats, I have sitting next to me in my studio here a pair of Sony MRD-7506 which are an industry standard (although far from accurate, they give you a reference in any studio in the world) and some Grado SR-80s, which are accurate. I don't listen to headphones for pleasure, but if I did I'd have a pair of Stax.

I wouldn't consider the Shure ear buds to be the height of accuracy or transparency, but they are close enough to allow a decent IEM mix. Smiley curve consumer product would be very hard to use in a professional setting. I guess you can get used to it, but why work so hard?

I use my Beats buds on every session I do

to me nothing sounds better or are as comfortable .....and the quality of the cable buries all Shure and the Sony cans

I got my first set as a gift and had to use them when my Shures crapped out on me mid session because the cable split and I just happened to have the Beats in my bag so I decided to try them out

I was immediately hooked and now have 3 pair

one in my practice room, one for live, and one for record dates

well worth every penny

and no I don't work for Dre :)

Back