Mapex Armory or Tama Hyperdrive?

Bazill

Hello.

Thinking about getting my son a new drum kit, but I am thorn between Mapex Armory and Tama Hyperdrive.
I do have a Saturn IV Exotic, and I love it, though I have no experiance with the Armory kit and Hyperdrive.

Any pros/cons against these sets?

Hello.

Thinking about getting my son a new drum kit, but I am thorn between Mapex Armory and Tama Hyperdrive.
I do have a Saturn IV Exotic, and I love it, though I have no experiance with the Armory kit and Hyperdrive.

Any pros/cons against these sets?

I don't have much knowledge of these but by looking at the specs on the kits they're both very attractive for the $900-1000 price tags. I wish I had these choices when I got my first drum kit.

I'd personally go with the Mapex Armory kit, Maple/Birch over straight Birch construction. It should provide a more versatile sound as I find that Birch just doesn't have enough sustain.

I don't have much knowledge of these but by looking at the specs on the kits they're both very attractive for the $900-1000 price tags. I wish I had these choices when I got my first drum kit.

I'd personally go with the Mapex Armory kit, Maple/Birch over straight Birch construction. It should provide a more versatile sound as I find that Birch just doesn't have enough sustain.

If he's looking for sustain, he doesn't want to do the short toms probably anyway.

All the "hyperdrive" thing is is shorter cut toms. It gives a shorter, punchy sound that lots of folks like. I don't know what it's called for mapex.

Back