Katrina Chester Seeking Gary Chester Memorabilia for Documentary

Scott K Fish

Silver Member
Katrina Chester Seeking Gary Chester Memorabilia for Documentary

SKF NOTE: I am happy to pass along this SOS from Gary Chester’s daughter, Katrina, who is working on a Gary Chester documentary with Tony Cruz. Here’s the original post from the offical Gary Chester Facebook page.

chester_gary.jpg

We’re asking for your help in making this the ultimate tribute to one of the greatest drummers/teachers of all time! Here’s how!

Please look through your collection of memorabilia that involves Gary!

We are looking for the following:

Any audio, video, and/or pictures that include Gary; Gary with students; or his family, including – interviews, cassette lessons, voice mail messages, playing examples Gary may have done for a student or peer, Gary giving someone shit, etc. Nothing is too small or insignificant! When put in the context of the documentary, it has the potential to be powerful! And if you have anything “not-so-flattering” of Gary, PLEASE share that with us too – it is equally welcomed; stories or memorabilia you can share; letters Gary may have written to you or cards he had sent - personal and business related.

Scott K Fish Blog: Life Beyond the Cymbals

I've nothing to contribute but I really look forward to this. How cool that Katrina is initiating this project!

Don't know who he was, who'd he play with?

Don't know who he was, who'd he play with?

He was one of the great studio drummers of all time. His discography reads like a list of 60's hits.

He also wrote The New Breed, which is a legendary drum book that influenced Dave Weckl and started the crazy 4 limb independence stuff that we see guys like Marco Minneman doing now.

Back