Gotta share this...

SquadLeader

Gold Member
Band I play drums in formed about three months back
We play originals and have done 7 rehearsals and played two gigs. The first an open jam night and the second a proper paid gig.
We handed our demo CD in to a local radio station in the Manchester (UK) area last week.
The DJ does a two hour unsigned show on Tuesday evenings.

So...I'm listening to this programme with absolutely Zero expectations when...

"right guys, I was handed a demo CD earlier today by a local band, recently formed. I had a play and I have to say it's blarddy goood. Bit of a West Coast Indie/Rock sound. The bands called MLC, the song's called Suzy. Expect to see them live around town soon"

Nearly fell off me chair !!

:)

Very nice and congrats! A band I was in a couple years ago had our demo played on the radio once or twice and it is a very surreal thing!

Well done. Get back in touch with DJ and ask for advice how to promote yourselves etc.

He will be flattered and maybe drop a few names to contract as well.

Cheers
Davo

Very nice and congrats! A band I was in a couple years ago had our demo played on the radio once or twice and it is a very surreal thing!

Well done. Get back in touch with DJ and ask for advice how to promote yourselves etc.

He will be flattered and maybe drop a few names to contract as well.

Cheers
Davo

Surreal's the word....Sean, our guitarist was at work, he's a welder....apparently running round the factory, welding tools in hand shouting "that's us....that's us" like a bloody 15 year old.

We already have Davo...guy runs a rehearsal studio as well as promotes and has the radio show....our rehearsal studios went bust two weeks back....we're now rehearsing where the DJ runs. He's already got us a gig at a very respected local live music venue at the end of October.

We all had to laugh...all in our 40s....been around the block and back four or five times...."West Coast Indy/Rock band".....hahahahaha

Band I play drums in formed about three months back
We play originals and have done 7 rehearsals and played two gigs. The first an open jam night and the second a proper paid gig.
We handed our demo CD in to a local radio station in the Manchester (UK) area last week.
The DJ does a two hour unsigned show on Tuesday evenings.

So...I'm listening to this programme with absolutely Zero expectations when...

"right guys, I was handed a demo CD earlier today by a local band, recently formed. I had a play and I have to say it's blarddy goood. Bit of a West Coast Indie/Rock sound. The bands called MLC, the song's called Suzy. Expect to see them live around town soon"

Nearly fell off me chair !!

:)

Got a link to the recording?

Double your efforts!

GO!! GO!!

Back