DRUMMERWORLD OFFICIAL DISCUSSION FORUM   

Go Back   DRUMMERWORLD OFFICIAL DISCUSSION FORUM > Drum Gear > Other Gear

Other Gear Discuss Hardware and all other equipment not covered in the other topics

Old 05-02-2012, 03:23 AM

Default cheap drum cases

I have about 50 quid (UK) to spend on a few cases for my yammy stage custom (20/10/12/14)
just wondering if anyone had any advice on what to go for?
right now i'm looking at the mapex Studio Case Set, or just something like this? http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Drum-cases...ht_2330wt_1020
anyone with any suggestions, that would be great. I know it's a pretty tight budget but the drums are pretty beat up anyway (joys of ordering used gear online) but dont want 'em getting smashed up any more than they already are :)
cheers
tin_tin
Old 05-02-2012, 06:40 PM

Default Re: cheap drum cases

I think you'll be hard pushed to find a full set for under 50.

That being said, I have no experience with the Mapex cases, I do however use the Drum Sacks (available from Birmingham drum centre) which cost about 1 per inch of drum. They have SOME padding, but not as good as protection racket etc. I would suggest these for transport in a car, but if you a regularly gigging with a van and everyone else's gear you may want to spend a bit more.

What I have done is bought a set of these and upgraded to PR as and when I could afford.