DRUMMERWORLD OFFICIAL DISCUSSION FORUM   

Go Back   DRUMMERWORLD OFFICIAL DISCUSSION FORUM > Drum Gear > Other Gear

Other Gear Discuss Hardware and all other equipment not covered in the other topics

Old 04-20-2012, 04:52 PM

Default floor tom attachments (question)

can ya help a newby out? anyone know of an online tutorial, maybe a vid, showing folks how to attach extras to a floor tom? like especially things like even a mini snare, like those that come standard with cocktail sets? my understanding is that these can be attached to floor toms, and others have done it. any insights would be most helpful...
Old 04-20-2012, 05:45 PM

Default Re: floor tom attachments (question)

Quote:
Originally Posted by erielake View Post
can ya help a newby out? anyone know of an online tutorial, maybe a vid, showing folks how to attach extras to a floor tom? like especially things like even a mini snare, like those that come standard with cocktail sets? my understanding is that these can be attached to floor toms, and others have done it. any insights would be most helpful...
Clamps, clamps, clamps! Pull apart your stands! Clamp the snare basket to one floor tom leg, clamp a ride cymbal post to another leg, hell, you could probably clamp a rack tom to the third leg. A good clamp will hold all this stuff just fine. I just made a mini cocktail kit out of a 16X16 floor tom. I have a set of bells clamped to one leg and a ride cymbal clamped to the other. The key is to find the right clamps. Go to your local drum shop, tell them what you're trying to do, and they should be able to sell you the correct clamps. Clamps are your friend. I used to play a kit with two oversized roto toms clamped to a ride cymbal boom arm! Remember, the only limits to your drum kit setup are your imagination.
Old 04-20-2012, 10:19 PM
Gold Member

LP's Claw mount could work well here.
Old 04-23-2012, 04:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by drummerboyfitz View Post
Clamps, clamps, clamps! Pull apart your stands! Clamp the snare basket to one floor tom leg, clamp a ride cymbal post to another leg, hell, you could probably clamp a rack tom to the third leg. A good clamp will hold all this stuff just fine. I just made a mini cocktail kit out of a 16X16 floor tom. I have a set of bells clamped to one leg and a ride cymbal clamped to the other. The key is to find the right clamps. Go to your local drum shop, tell them what you're trying to do, and they should be able to sell you the correct clamps. Clamps are your friend. I used to play a kit with two oversized roto toms clamped to a ride cymbal boom arm! Remember, the only limits to your drum kit setup are your imagination.
that's darn good help bruh, thank YOU!
Old 04-23-2012, 04:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by topgun2021 View Post
LP's Claw mount could work well here.
again, i'm a newby, so... LP's is a company?
Old 04-26-2012, 02:48 AM
Gold Member

Yes LP= Latin Percussion, a brand that makes all kinds of percussion instruments and accessories.
Old 04-30-2012, 06:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by drumdevil9 View Post
Yes LP= Latin Percussion, a brand that makes all kinds of percussion instruments and accessories.
thank you, budd, immensely helpful!