DRUMMERWORLD OFFICIAL DISCUSSION FORUM   

Go Back   DRUMMERWORLD OFFICIAL DISCUSSION FORUM > Your Place > Introduce Yourself

Introduce Yourself Introduce Yourself

Old 04-21-2012, 11:08 AM

Default Greetings from Quebec, Canada!

Heyyyy!

I'm new to this place, and I'm going to buy my new drum kit this weekend, switching from an old "TRAK" drum kit worth something like 100$ to a TAMA SUPERSTAR... While I'm here I need you guys to tell me if this is a good deal!

Here is the picture, if any of you can identify the model and make... I'd love you!

I'm getting all this for 600$ + another 500$ in cymbals (Hi-Hat, 17' Crash, 20' China, Ride) all Zildjian. Going to inquire on the exact models. I was told this kit was worth more than 3000$ fully equipped (with all the stands, and the kit itself, and the cymbals... etc) I'll take a picture when I get it!

So yeah... Also, wanted to know where I can get 2 extra toms for it, since it only comes with one! It comes with the 12' tom, and I'd need the same set toms, the 8' and the 10'.

________

Soooooooooo a little about me...

I'm a french canadian, I listen to technical progressive melodic death metal ! Haha yeah, complicated stuff. Probably gave you a headache too! :) My goal is to eventually be able to create and play this style. For now, I'm a newbie and started playing 2 months ago. Had a hard time with the money beat but after 2 months I'm now playing some bullet for my valentine, which isn't really bad I guess! Didn't take any classes or courses either.

I'm a self-teaching person, I'll rarely go and pay for teaching services, the internet is a vast learning place!

So yeah, I love hockey, and I follow the Detroit Red Wings since I was a little kid, even though I live in Montreal. My main interests are computers, hockey and drumming (+ music of so many genres, mainly progressive death).

Glad to meet you all and I hope I get a lot of information here from you all! I hope I can become something pretty good in the upcoming months/years ! :)

~ Sébastien
Old 04-21-2012, 07:53 PM
Platinum Member

Default Re: Greetings from Quebec, Canada!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sebaslegrand View Post
..... to a TAMA SUPERSTAR... While I'm here I need you guys to tell me if this is a good deal!
OK, I'm kinda confused by you wording. Are you getting everything for $600 .... or are you paying $600 for the drums, and $500 for the cymbals?
Superstars (new) run around $750. And if you pay sales tax up there, then that's more. So, good deal, maybe not. So so deal, perhaps.
As far as the cymbals go, series (model) is extremely important. I'd venture to say, pass on the cymbals. A guy with a Superstar kit is probably not going to have Zildjian A, A Custom, or K cymbals. And if he does, he's gonna advertise that fact. So, if he's selling ZBT's, ZHT's, or ZXT's, I'd pass on the cymbals. Unless, of course, the whole package is $600, out the door. If that's the case, not a bad deal.
Quote:
Here is the picture, if any of you can identify the model and make... I'd love you!
You've already identified the make (Tama) and model (Superstar) yourself.
Old 04-21-2012, 10:18 PM
Rebel

Salut...Ça va!

Welcome to the brotherhood!

The master's name is Bernhard Castiglione and he runs the show...
Old 04-22-2012, 05:06 PM

Default Re: INTRODUCTIONS: Please Use This Thread To Introduce Yourself!

I have been thoroughly enjoying this forum for the past few weeks, so I figure its finally time to introduce myself!

Real name? - Mark

Age? - 27

How long have you been playing? - around 8 months.

Origin of user name? - Jimmythemonkey has been my pseudonym since I was a child - it's a long and illogical story

Your top 5 drummers? - Dave Grohl, John Bonham, Taylor Hawkins, Stanton Moore, Brad Wilk

Make of drumkit? - Ludwig Centennial Moto kit with Ludwig Black Magic Snare; Roland TD-4KX2 with a couple of additions

Make of cymbal? - Zildjian 21" A Sweet Ride, 19" K Custom Hybrid Crash, 20" A Custom EFX Crash, and 15" Light K hi-hats.

Where do you practice? - Mostly at home. After the sun goes down I practice on my Roland kit to spare the neighbors.

Are you in a band? - Sort of, I play once in a while with some of my MBA classmates. We mostly play parodies for school posterity.

Do you play covers or originals? - Covers. I much prefer to mimic my favorite sounds than create new ones of my own. My brother is the creative one.

What style of music? - Mostly hard rock and classic rock, but I mess around in other genres from time to time.

Favourite take out food? - craft beer

What country do you live in? - Atlanta, GA, USA

One really odd fact about yourself? - I have lived in 27 different places in my 27 years.

How did you start drumming? - I played guitar for close to 15 years, once in a while dabbling on my brother's drum set. I got a Roland eDrum kit last fall and have never looked back at my now dust-gathering guitars. The stress relieving qualities of banging on drums are unparalleled.

Last edited by JimmyTheMonkey; 06-12-2012 at 11:13 PM.
Old 04-23-2012, 08:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by harryconway View Post
OK, I'm kinda confused by you wording. Are you getting everything for $600 .... or are you paying $600 for the drums, and $500 for the cymbals?
Superstars (new) run around $750. And if you pay sales tax up there, then that's more. So, good deal, maybe not. So so deal, perhaps.
As far as the cymbals go, series (model) is extremely important. I'd venture to say, pass on the cymbals. A guy with a Superstar kit is probably not going to have Zildjian A, A Custom, or K cymbals. And if he does, he's gonna advertise that fact. So, if he's selling ZBT's, ZHT's, or ZXT's, I'd pass on the cymbals. Unless, of course, the whole package is $600, out the door. If that's the case, not a bad deal.
You've already identified the make (Tama) and model (Superstar) yourself.
I'm getting the drumkit for (2 floors, 1 bassdrum, 1 snare, 1 tom 12') for 600$
The cymbals (Hi-hat, Crash 17', Ride (don't know size yet), chinese 20') all Zildjian for 500$
All the cymbal stands and tom rack + other accessories : 280$

That's close to 1400 for the whole kit with cymbals and everything. The guy told me this kit can be worth an easy 3000 with everything I've got on it. Why do you say they're only 750 ? I've seen them everywhere way more expensive than 750 used!

The cymbals are Zildjian K series.
I need to find the extra 2 toms that I'm missing, 8' and 10' in this color, used for a good price, anybody have them?
Old 04-23-2012, 08:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ian Williams View Post
Salut...Ça va!

Welcome to the brotherhood!

The master's name is Bernhard Castiglione and he runs the show...
Oui ça va merci!! :)

Thanks a lot for your greetings :)
Old 04-23-2012, 05:58 PM
Platinum Member

Quote:
I'm getting the drumkit for (2 floors, 1 bassdrum, 1 snare, 1 tom 12') for 600$
The cymbals (Hi-hat, Crash 17', Ride (don't know size yet), chinese 20') all Zildjian for 500$
All the cymbal stands and tom rack + other accessories : 280$

That's close to 1400 for the whole kit with cymbals and everything. The guy told me this kit can be worth an easy 3000 with everything I've got on it. Why do you say they're only 750 ? I've seen them everywhere way more expensive than 750 used!

The cymbals are Zildjian K series.
I need to find the extra 2 toms that I'm missing, 8' and 10' in this color, used for a good price, anybody have them?
Hi and welcome. The deal you mention doesn't sound good to me. Way too much. Zildjian K's are nice but $500 for 3 cymbals? Eh.... I am always wary of the "take-all-this-stuff-off-of-my-hands" deals that include everything but the kitchen sink. It's important to be patient when buying used. It is a buyer's market so YOu have the upper hand. For $1,400, my oh my, you can get close to a used professional kit for $1,000 (Mapex Saturn, Yamahas). Stands/hardware for $150-200 total. Cymbals maybe $400. But look, you can get the same deal this seller is offering and get a professional kit instead of a "decent" mid-level kit you'l probably want to replace at some point down the road.

Wait and be patient. Keep looking :)
Old 04-23-2012, 08:42 PM
Platinum Member

Salut Sébastien et Bienvenue !

Moi c'est Michel et je suis de Rouyn-Noranda en Abitibi.

Bien content de savoir que même étant de Montréal, tu ne sois pas un partisan des habs, moi je suis un ex et futur partisan de Nordiques.

Enjoy your time here ;-)

My Kit Latest Update
Old 04-23-2012, 08:50 PM
Platinum Member

Quote:
Why do you say they're only 750 ? I've seen them everywhere way more expensive than 750 used!
Here's a used Superstar kit, for $359, at Guitar Center http://www.guitarcenter.com/In-Store...AID=1089371213 Here's a brand new Superstar kit, for $549, on eBay ... http://www.ebay.com/itm/Tama-Superst...#ht_2618wt_952
Old 04-24-2012, 09:09 PM

Welcome aboard
Old 04-25-2012, 03:55 AM

Default Orlando love

Hey everyone, my names Conor and i live in Orlando, Florida. im 21 years old and have been drumming for a few years, i actually bought my first drum kit on the night of Barack Obama's presidential inauguration. I play in a local band named Swallow (https://www.facebook.com/SwallowMusic) we don't have any quality recordings yet but we will soon. I own a Tama Swingstar kit ( my first kit) and a Tama Artstar 2. My current mostly used snare is a Tama Artwood 8x14. Im still rocking on some starter Tama cymbals due to being a broke college student. I don't know too much about drums just how to hit them.So i hope this website will help to teach me a thing or two about them.
Old 04-25-2012, 05:36 AM

Default Re: Orlando love

Welcome and best of luck to ya!
Old 04-25-2012, 10:27 AM

Real name? Ralph
Age?37
How long have I been playing? Off and on (mostly off) for about 5 years during the past 20 years
Origin of my username? Randomness
Top 5 drummers? Jeff Porcaro, Stewart Copeland, Buddy Rich, John Bonham and Bernard Purdie
Make of drumkit? Last drum kit stolen :( was an Arbiter 4 pc, maple in blue. Now a inexpensive kit that was given to me.
Make of cymbals? Orion Cymbals of Brazil, Zildjian
Where do you practice? Living Room
Are you or were you in a band? Yes
Covers or originals?Both
Style of music? Everything under the sun
Take out food? In N' Out
Country? USA
One really odd fact about yourself? Everything about me is odd.
How did I start drumming? Chronic tapper from birth. Primarily played guitar for many years than switched to drumming.
Attached Images

Last edited by tiki187; 04-25-2012 at 01:53 PM.
Old 04-25-2012, 08:22 PM

Welcome aboard
Old 04-25-2012, 08:31 PM
PDPx7Drummer

fuck this place and the "mayor" of the forums.

Last edited by PDPx7Drummer; 09-02-2012 at 01:50 AM.
Old 04-26-2012, 11:53 PM
Silver Member

Welcome! I had some good times in Orlando back in the day. Last I was there stayed at some fancy hotel downtown, skateboarded when everyone else was getting valet parked and saw a good punk show.
Session Work
Old 04-28-2012, 02:47 PM

Good morning everyone, I'm dewayne, I'm a drummer here in the dallas area, I've been reading here alot and decided to go ahead and try to join. This is a nice and informative sight thank you for allowing me access.
Old 04-30-2012, 03:38 AM

Default Hello Everyone

I would like say hello and introduce myself to everyone on the forum. I am 38 and from New Orleans, Louisiana. I am married and have a son. My son and me both take lessons from the same teacher. My son is 9. We have only been playing for about 1 year......LATE BLOOMER.....I know. But, I'm trying to learn as much as I can. I have a Mapex meridian birch kit that i got used. Im going to try to get some pics up of the kit. Anyway look forward to talking to you guys. Thanks... Bayou Dog
Old 04-30-2012, 03:46 AM

Real name? Kelly (...easy)
Age? 27
How long have I been playing? I started when I was 13, played intermittently after high school and during college; took serious lessons for about 2.5 years until a little more than a year ago; am now trying to get back into it since i'd like to continue practicing.
Origin of my username? ...apparently not thoughtful enough ;)
Top 5 drummers? Jon Fishman, Steve Gadd, Phil Collins, Bill Bruford, Dave Grohl
Make of drumkit? Tama Rockstar (same kit since I was 13)
Make of cymbals? Sabian
Where do you practice? I haven't really been able to for the last few years since I moved into an apt and now a condo (although parent's house where my kit is isn't too far). I'm actually looking into electronic kits right now (feel free to message me if you have recommendations/thoughts!!)
Are you or were you in a band? Sort of: I'm playing on and off with my first band (it's hard to get together regularly). Now, I'm starting to talk with other friends about making a new band (while keeping the first band in the routine).
Covers or originals? Both
Style of music? Progressive rock, classic rock, hard rock, funk, reggae, (good) pop. Pretty much anything (with rock being my go-to, obviously), although there are some exceptions -- e.g., country.
Take out food? Ledo's Pizza
Country? USA
One really odd fact about yourself? Each finger i have represents a drum or cymbal on a drumkit so i can play wherever and whenever. :)
How did I start drumming? I actually started on guitar (played from about 11-13) but then moved to drums and never really looked back.
Old 04-30-2012, 03:47 AM
Platinum Member

Default Re: Hello Everyone

Welcome and don't worry about being a late bloomer....I'm almost 45 and I started a little over a year ago. There are several of us late starters here. Great that you and your son are doing this together. Looking forward to seeing pics and hearing your play. You'll get lots of great information and advice here.
Old 04-30-2012, 06:16 AM

Welcome.

Music is timeless. Forgive the pun. You have the rest of your lives to enjoy!
Old 04-30-2012, 05:30 PM

Welcome aboard. I started at 40 myself
Old 04-30-2012, 05:54 PM

Welcome, never too late to start, there was a thread on here about a 98 year old woman who is learning drums. Really cool avatar bayou dog.
Old 04-30-2012, 07:33 PM

Default Just Joined

Just stopped by to say hello & great site.

real name? Rick Arrendale
age? 54
how long been playing? 42 yrs.
origin of user name? From a Dream Theater tune Paradigm Shift
top 5 drummers? Are yet to be discovered
make of drumkit? PDP X7 Maple, PDP Birch, Rogers '78, Pearl E-conversion
make of cymbal? Zildjian & I can spell it too. lol!
where do you practice? Home & band rehearsal room
are you in a band/s? Yes, www.arrivalband.com
covers or originals? Covers
what style of music? Tribute act
favourite take out food? Subway
country?USA
one really odd fact about yourself? I often over think things, I think.
how did you start drumming? Started by drumming on my desk at school really

Last edited by Paradigm; 05-01-2012 at 02:24 PM.
Old 04-30-2012, 08:17 PM
Platinum Member

Default Re: Just Joined

Welcome and photos of the Rogers kit would be nice! Thanks.

Gotta give props to anyone who attempts to sing anything Journey. Getting anywhere near the vocals of Steve Perry is next to impossible. Looks like your band has quite the following according to your website pics.
Old 04-30-2012, 08:56 PM

Thanks for the replies and the encouragement.
Old 04-30-2012, 09:27 PM

Hey. I just joined too. There seems to be a lot of info on this site. I hope you enjoy your stay. Im pretty sure i will. Look forward to seeing ya in the conversations..
Old 04-30-2012, 09:44 PM
Pollyanna's Agent

Welcome to the brotherhood Bayou Dog :)

Better late than never... I say :)

Right decision, right choice of instrument(s), may you and your son have fun playing and learning the wonderfull craft of drumming :)
Old 05-01-2012, 03:03 AM

Thanks for the welcome. This is a nice site. Our singer has the pipes. We get our share of Journey fans. We really shine at festivals & fairs. Its our bread & butter.
Old 05-01-2012, 10:59 PM

Default Hola!

Real name? Randy
Age? 18
How long have I been playing? 8 Years.
Origin of my username? Well it's my name aha
Top 5 drummers? Hmm, well Joey Jordison definitely influenced me to start playing, shortly after I loved Chris Adler then Tomas Haake, Morgan Agren.
Make of drumkit? Tama Superstar
Make of cymbals? Sabian B8 Pros atm :(
Where do you practice? Where ever/Whenever I can. Right now at home occasionally(people complaining in house) and with my band at a practice space.
Are you or were you in a band? I've been in two and I have to say I am in love with my current band - Nemora.
Covers or originals? Originals but we may do some covers down the road.
Style of music? Most of it's some form of metal but we play anything really.
Take out food? I love chinese food ahah.
Country? USA
One really odd fact about yourself? Sometimes I say random foods.
How did I start drumming? My brother and hearing Slipknot.
Old 05-02-2012, 01:22 PM
Silver Member

Default Hi everybody...

I joined the forum a couple of weeks back.

I'm from Cheshire, in the north of the United Kingdom, but currently living in Lancashire.

Started drumming at the age of 11, joining my first band with my older (17) mate Sean when I was 12. I played in bands until the age of 18 then threw my drumsticks and kit away in a huff when the band I was in refused to take up a residency covering Beatles songs in a hotel on the Isle of Man. I saw it as a a dream come true, a group of teenagers playing music they loved for the price of accommodation, drinks, food, and a small wage. My friends who were in the band disagreed, bottled it, and went to university.

I never really forgave them.

I met one of these lads about 10 years later when I was 30 and we hooked up, formed a quite brilliant band, and very nearly got signed until the two guitarists fell out and started fighting...and we subsequently broke up.

I dropped drums again at the aged of 36...just became impractical to play at home.

The strangest part of my musical life is that my friend Sean...you remember...the one I was playing in bands with when I was 12 (we've always kept in touch and been friends)....rang me about three weeks back asking if I fancied playing drums in a band...I said no...but he persuaded me to sit in for a weekend rehearsal so that they could record some demos with a view to recruiting a drummer....

I'm now joined up again in a band, and have just purchased my first Electronic Drum Kit to facilitate home practice.

The first rehearsal was absolutely, mentally, stupidly good...it's like we'd both gone back 30 odd years....instant click....and absolutely outrageously good covers....we did I Wanna Be Your Dog (The Stooges), Blitzkrieg Bop (Ramones), EMI (Sex Pistols) and a couple of self-penned songs.

The band has been named....Midlife Crisis ....and we're available for weddings, funerals, and Bar Mitzvah's.

Hahaha...

The biggest regret in life...not continuously playing drums from 11 to 43...I think I might have been a decent drummer if I'd played for 32 years....regretfully I've hamstrung myself by taking to many long sabaticals away from the hobby for all manner of reasons...sigh.
Old 05-02-2012, 08:16 PM

Real name?
Mathieu LESCUYER

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hVh_4usTdmc
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YcrTL...feature=relmfu
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oFDo1...feature=relmfu
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AGrQ1Tw5nQs
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YlzUCnCoCaM
Etc ......

Age?
well ...

How long have I been playing?
I play since over 30 years

Origin of my username?
drummermathieu : my YOUTUBE username... !!!

Top 5 drummers?
Jo Jones, Vinnie Colaiuta, Chris Coleman, Stewart Copeland, Damien Schmitt

Make of drumkit?
TAMA Starclassic Mapple + Starclassic BB + Superstar Hyperdrive X 2 + Roland TD9 + Little Gretsch (vintage)

Make of cymbals?
mainly Zildjian (+ Ufip, Stagg, Istanbul, Meinl...)

Where do you practice?
I have a room where I teach many lessons

Are you or were you in a band?
Blessed Virgins (rock) Graemme Allwright (variétés) Louis Bertignac (ex-Téléphone) Thierry Obadia (chanson) Nuance (Funk) Lobster (Rock-Blues) Racines (Blues) Infinitif (Funk Rock) Sihem ( Pop rock) Angora ( rock) Gaïa (world) Court-circuit (rock) Jerry Cooper (afro-funk) Gilles Guillou (jazz) Jean-Paul Maéso (chanson pop) Via Luna (Pop Rock) etc.....

Covers or originals?
Both

Style of music?
All kinds of music

Take out food?

Country?
France !!! You know? In Europe! ;-)

One really odd fact about yourself?
More i grow and more I like to play! Today I want to play with Le Cirque Du Soleil!

How did I start drumming?
At the age of eleven, after seeing a concert of contemporary music !! Truly !!!

Last edited by drummermathieu; 05-02-2012 at 08:28 PM.
Old 05-02-2012, 08:40 PM
Platinum Member

Default Re: Hi everybody...

Hey man, welcome to Drummerworld. Cool that your back, playin' in a band, bangin' on the tubs.
Don't worry, that you "took a bit of a break" .... just enjoy the fact that your back in the saddle, now. Your never to old to start, or start back up.
But, we like pictures (eye candy), so ya gotta post some pics of your kit(s).
Old 05-02-2012, 10:33 PM
Platinum Member

Yeah, what Harry said. And I too would never forgive band members who prevented me from getting paid for playing Beatles songs. If you are to cover ANY band's songs who better than the Fab 4.

And I gotta ask, are there 4,000 holes in Blackburn, Lancashire?

Welcome.
Old 05-03-2012, 12:56 AM

Default Mathieu LESCUYER, My very first time here, but not my last! ;-)

Real name?
Mathieu LESCUYER

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hVh_4usTdmc
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YcrTL...feature=relmfu
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oFDo1...feature=relmfu
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AGrQ1Tw5nQs
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YlzUCnCoCaM
Etc ......

Age?
well ...

How long have I been playing?
I play since over 30 years

Origin of my username?
drummermathieu : my YOUTUBE username... !!!

Top 5 drummers?
Jo Jones, Vinnie Colaiuta, Chris Coleman, Stewart Copeland, Damien Schmitt

Make of drumkit?
TAMA Starclassic Mapple + Starclassic BB + Superstar Hyperdrive X 2 + Roland TD9 + Little Gretsch (vintage)

Make of cymbals?
mainly Zildjian (+ Ufip, Stagg, Istanbul, Meinl...)

Where do you practice?
I have a room where I teach many lessons

Are you or were you in a band?
Blessed Virgins (rock) Graemme Allwright (variétés) Louis Bertignac (ex-Téléphone) Thierry Obadia (chanson) Nuance (Funk) Lobster (Rock-Blues) Racines (Blues) Infinitif (Funk Rock) Sihem ( Pop rock) Angora ( rock) Gaïa (world) Court-circuit (rock) Jerry Cooper (afro-funk) Gilles Guillou (jazz) Jean-Paul Maéso (chanson pop) Via Luna (Pop Rock) etc.....

Covers or originals?
Both

Style of music?
All kinds of music

Take out food?

Country?
France !!! You know? In Europe! ;-)

One really odd fact about yourself?
More i grow and more I like to play! Today I want to play with Le Cirque Du Soleil!

How did I start drumming?
At the age of eleven, after seeing a concert of contemporary music !! Truly !!!
Old 05-03-2012, 10:48 AM
Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by larryz View Post
Yeah, what Harry said. And I too would never forgive band members who prevented me from getting paid for playing Beatles songs. If you are to cover ANY band's songs who better than the Fab 4.

And I gotta ask, are there 4,000 holes in Blackburn, Lancashire?

Welcome.
I never did mate (forgive them).

I live about 15 minutes away from Blackburn and spent a couple of years, some considerable time back, rehearsing and gigging over there and it's vicinities, Burnley, Preston, etc. (playing original stuff by this time). We were in the van on the way to our first gig in Blackburn and drove past some roadworks...all four of us in the van looked at each other and sang "...."....well you know what we sang !!
Old 05-04-2012, 08:03 PM

hi,

i'm new here and thinking about getting back into drumming. i used to play at church but stopped for over 10 years. i don't have a kit but am thinking about buying one, probably something small and portable like the sonor jungle kit.

i hope to learn a lot. now on to the questions:

How long have you been playing? 2-3 years, over a 10 year lay off.
Your top 5 drummers? ?uestlove, jojo mayer, keith carlock, benny benjamin, steve gadd
Make of drumkit? sonor jungle? used manu katche? sakae pac-d?
Make of cymbal? sabian, zildjian, meinl
Where do you practice? at home on a practice pad.
Favourite take out food? korean fried chicken
What country do you live in? usa
One really odd fact about yourself? i joined this forum and i don't have a kit
How did you start drumming? started playing at church a long time ago

Last edited by koipond; 02-01-2013 at 11:58 PM.
Old 05-06-2012, 02:35 AM

Default Sup? :D

Hey people! New drummer over here hehe hope all of you can give me your guidance ;D
Old 05-07-2012, 06:03 PM

Sup!
Some of you might know me from the Derek Roddy and George Kollias Forum where I go by same username.

Real name? Tobias Röhner
Age? 20
How long have you been playing? 10 years
Origin of user name? old nickname of mine, used it for ages
Your top 5 drummers? Derek Roddy, Benny Greb, Dave Haley, Simon Phillips, John Longstreth
Make of drumkit? Sonor/Pearl/anything that sounds good to me
Make of cymbal? Paiste/Sabian/again, anything that sounds good :P
Where do you practice? at home
Are you in a band? I'm in Stick In The Head (Pop Punk) and Archaic Thorn (Death Metal)
Do you play covers or originals? a bit of both
What style of music? Metal and Rock
Favourite take out food? I'll eat anything really
What country do you live in? Germany
One really odd fact about yourself? I'll stay up until 5am to watch Starcraft tournaments
How did you start drumming? my mom discovered my talented to rhythmically tap on things when I was a kid and sent me to the next drum teacher

aaand, here's my YT channel
http://www.youtube.com/user/dubbe186

Old 05-07-2012, 09:39 PM

How long have you been playing: About a week...
Origin of user name: It's the name I gave to a character I drew many years ago (about 10 years ago). It was a winged sort of Grim Reaper type character, so he was carrying a scythe. The Latin for scythe is "falx", so I used the form Falcifer, meaning "scythe-bearing". Akin to Lucifer meaning "light-bearing" from the Latin "lux" for light... I used it for a few forums back then and stuck with it.
Your top 5 drummers: In no particular order, and for various reasons: Stewart Copeland, David Silveria, Dave Grohl, John Bonham, Danny Carey. As with most of my "top 5"s, this is subject to change at any time.
Make of drumkit: Sonor.
Make of cymbal: Paiste.
Where do you practice: In my bedroom.
Are you in a band: Not yet.
What style of music: Not applicable but I like a lot of different styles. Grew up listening to a lot of 50s and 60s rock n' roll. Listened to a lot of metal in my teens. Enjoyed plenty of rock (modern and classic), punk rock, rap, goth, indie, alt rock... I also listen to classical, opera, jazz, blues and anything that's good, regardless of genre.
Favourite take out food: Chinese.
What country do you live in: England.
One really odd fact about yourself: Probably not so odd among drummers but I'm left-handed for writing and right-handed for most other things, including drumming.
How did you start drumming: My brother bought Rock Band and I loved playing the drums on that, so I bought a cheap second-hand kit, which didn't get much use. I had to sell that and found myself really wanting to play the drums, so I bought a new (albeit entry level) kit.