DRUMMERWORLD OFFICIAL DISCUSSION FORUM   

Go Back   DRUMMERWORLD OFFICIAL DISCUSSION FORUM > Drum Gear > Electronic Drums

Electronic Drums All about Electronic Drums

Old 04-06-2012, 09:11 AM

Default Should I?

I bought Yamaha DTX 950K for about 2 months. I have an acoustic drum also. My guitarist keep telling me that I should buy Roland SPD-30 for on stage and other purposes. Even though I think I don't need Roland SPD-30 when I have Yamaha DTX 950K, I would also like to ask you guys wheter I should buy Roland SPD-30 or not. Thanks.
Old 04-12-2012, 04:51 AM

Default Re: Should I?

I have just purchased a Yamaha DTX 950K, with the intension to use live as well as for practice, played for a couple of years on a Roland with the mesh heads and found them too bouncy.

The Yamaha DTX 950K is made to be able to play live. Would be interesting to here if anyone has played them live?
Old 04-12-2012, 05:01 AM
Platinum Member

Default Re: Should I?

Quote:
Originally Posted by kemall View Post
I bought Yamaha DTX 950K for about 2 months. I have an acoustic drum also. My guitarist keep telling me that I should buy Roland SPD-30 for on stage and other purposes. Even though I think I don't need Roland SPD-30 when I have Yamaha DTX 950K, I would also like to ask you guys wheter I should buy Roland SPD-30 or not. Thanks.

Sounds like you use the acoustics on stage and not the DTX?

Maybe you could bring the module and a couple pads if you need to trigger other sounds.

The SPD-30 is a nice, compact unit to use along with an acoustic set. If you want to use it by itself as a mini kit, you'd have to add at least a high hat controller and a kick pedal. But I don't see much need to do that with what you've already got.