DRUMMERWORLD OFFICIAL DISCUSSION FORUM   

Go Back   DRUMMERWORLD OFFICIAL DISCUSSION FORUM > Your Place > Your Playing

Your Playing Show us Your Playing

Old 04-04-2012, 11:26 AM

Default frog's drum video no.2

hey guys,

heres another vid, not sure that its going to be everyones thing, but it might be appreciated by some :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EZvQl...60AUAAAAAAAAAA

more to come!
cheers, frog
Old 04-04-2012, 02:29 PM
Platinum Member

Default Re: frog's drum video no.2

Let's put it this way: I'm not ready for that music - at least not yet ;-)

Your drumming is fine - as in your 1st video. Drumming skills = wow! Although I could imagine some variations to what you played. In the middle there were longer sections where instead of playing the double pedal throughout I'd try to incorporate broken bass drum patterns. And maybe add some "tribal toms" on top of that.

Being a guitarist myself I wasn't really floored by the guitarwork - but see above, it's a "style" and I'm not an ardent lover of accumulated disharmonics. Because they are "shocking" to some degree if used sparsely but will lose their effect the more they're used. And I have the impression that this is exactly what some bands are after (at least for some songs/albums). I think stacking minor 3rds, flat 5ths or using minor 2nd intervals all the time to create those fricative sawing sounds gets generic after a while. But from a drummer's perspective you can ignore what I'm saying ;-)
Old 04-04-2012, 11:55 PM

thanks arky! i really appreciate your input!

yeah, its not pretty in any way! hahah, i tried to create more atmospheres with the guitars instead of riffs.. but its bloody hard to do without sounding like every other band out there!

aslo i wrote a lot of it with vocals in mind, long passages of music with plenty of room for the singer, so it may sound a bit boring without vocals..

i think i will try some more tom sections as you suggested though! try and mix it up a bit.
Old 04-05-2012, 07:33 AM

Not my thing but definitely a good job.

What set up are you playing?
Old 04-05-2012, 08:16 AM

Hi,

I'm more on the rock and prog side ;) but great playing and the atmophere is what I like.
I hope the vocals are not going to bee too violent, maybe something like Maynard from Tool. Also I think you could think again the cymbal sounds. I think the crash sounds are missing something - although that might be just my taste. How did you mic your cymbals?

Keep up the good work!

Aki
Old 04-05-2012, 10:24 PM

cheers guys! im playling a sonor force 2007 birch kit, axis longboards with Ekits and sabian.

my recording setup is veryy minimal, only one crappy overhead, snare mic and triggered kick and toms asi dont have enough mics/lines... so the cymbals do sounds a bit gutless im afraid.

not sure what the vocals will be yet..its up to the guy i asked really :)