DRUMMERWORLD OFFICIAL DISCUSSION FORUM   

Go Back   DRUMMERWORLD OFFICIAL DISCUSSION FORUM > Drum Gear > Pedals

Pedals Discuss Pedals

Old 04-01-2012, 04:52 PM

Default DW9000

Am I the only person who likes this pedal?

Seems that way lol

My only single criticism is that the footplate of my left pedal (on my double kick pedal) knocks against the metal 'clasp' underneath the pedal board when I play quick heel up stuff but not exactly the end of the world

thoughts?
Old 04-01-2012, 06:27 PM
Gold Member

Default Re: DW9000

Quote:
Originally Posted by burn-4 View Post
Am I the only person who likes this pedal?

Seems that way lol

My only single criticism is that the footplate of my left pedal (on my double kick pedal) knocks against the metal 'clasp' underneath the pedal board when I play quick heel up stuff but not exactly the end of the world

thoughts?
I like that pedal, however, I just use the single version. I mainly use heel-toe to get speed on blasts. When my right foot (and heel) are flying on that thing, I've had the footboard swing back up and hit the cam. Nothing underneath though. Does the chain need to be adjusted so there is less distance from pedal to board? Just thinking though, there's not much distance you can shorten it by.
Old 04-01-2012, 11:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigDinSD View Post
I like that pedal, however, I just use the single version. I mainly use heel-toe to get speed on blasts. When my right foot (and heel) are flying on that thing, I've had the footboard swing back up and hit the cam. Nothing underneath though. Does the chain need to be adjusted so there is less distance from pedal to board? Just thinking though, there's not much distance you can shorten it by.
Sorry that's actually what I meant that mine did- I always thought it was the thing under the pedal board but realised the other day it was actually the cam
As you say not much you can do about it really! pretty rare it happens to me though when playing normally
Old 04-02-2012, 12:00 AM
Gold Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by burn-4 View Post
Sorry that's actually what I meant that mine did- I always thought it was the thing under the pedal board but realised the other day it was actually the cam
As you say not much you can do about it really! pretty rare it happens to me though when playing normally
Yeah, I was just stomping on mine and noticed that the cam is quite large near the bottom. My DW5000 pedal cam is not as large as the 9000.

Plus on the 9000, the rotor/shaft fricken flies and pulls the pedal towards it if you don't keep you toe near the toe stop. I'm thinking you can wrap a little duct tape around the toe area over the screw that secures the chain? That should muffle the contact for a while. Or I guess go a little lighter and keep your foot always near or on the toe area.
Old 04-02-2012, 12:04 AM

yeah makes sense! might give that tape a go, haven't noticed it happening for a while maybe I've altered my technique slightly to stop the bounce back
Old 04-02-2012, 01:47 AM
Silver Member

I play the single. I don't have any gripes. The spring broke once and I was sent a replacement or two. I've wanted to try out the strap that came with the pedal but never have. If it ain't broke…