DRUMMERWORLD OFFICIAL DISCUSSION FORUM   

Go Back   DRUMMERWORLD OFFICIAL DISCUSSION FORUM > Drum Gear > Pedals

Pedals Discuss Pedals

Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #1  
Old 04-01-2012, 04:52 PM
burn-4's Avatar
burn-4 burn-4 is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 456
Default DW9000

Am I the only person who likes this pedal?

Seems that way lol

My only single criticism is that the footplate of my left pedal (on my double kick pedal) knocks against the metal 'clasp' underneath the pedal board when I play quick heel up stuff but not exactly the end of the world

thoughts?
__________________
Yamaha, ZIldjian, Pearl, DW Hardware, Shure, Vic Firth, Remo and Evans
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 04-01-2012, 06:27 PM
BigDinSD's Avatar
BigDinSD BigDinSD is offline
Gold Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: San Diego, CA
Posts: 1,256
Default Re: DW9000

Quote:
Originally Posted by burn-4 View Post
Am I the only person who likes this pedal?

Seems that way lol

My only single criticism is that the footplate of my left pedal (on my double kick pedal) knocks against the metal 'clasp' underneath the pedal board when I play quick heel up stuff but not exactly the end of the world

thoughts?
I like that pedal, however, I just use the single version. I mainly use heel-toe to get speed on blasts. When my right foot (and heel) are flying on that thing, I've had the footboard swing back up and hit the cam. Nothing underneath though. Does the chain need to be adjusted so there is less distance from pedal to board? Just thinking though, there's not much distance you can shorten it by.
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 04-01-2012, 11:44 PM
burn-4's Avatar
burn-4 burn-4 is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 456
Default Re: DW9000

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigDinSD View Post
I like that pedal, however, I just use the single version. I mainly use heel-toe to get speed on blasts. When my right foot (and heel) are flying on that thing, I've had the footboard swing back up and hit the cam. Nothing underneath though. Does the chain need to be adjusted so there is less distance from pedal to board? Just thinking though, there's not much distance you can shorten it by.
Sorry that's actually what I meant that mine did- I always thought it was the thing under the pedal board but realised the other day it was actually the cam
As you say not much you can do about it really! pretty rare it happens to me though when playing normally
__________________
Yamaha, ZIldjian, Pearl, DW Hardware, Shure, Vic Firth, Remo and Evans
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 04-02-2012, 12:00 AM
BigDinSD's Avatar
BigDinSD BigDinSD is offline
Gold Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: San Diego, CA
Posts: 1,256
Default Re: DW9000

Quote:
Originally Posted by burn-4 View Post
Sorry that's actually what I meant that mine did- I always thought it was the thing under the pedal board but realised the other day it was actually the cam
As you say not much you can do about it really! pretty rare it happens to me though when playing normally
Yeah, I was just stomping on mine and noticed that the cam is quite large near the bottom. My DW5000 pedal cam is not as large as the 9000.

Plus on the 9000, the rotor/shaft fricken flies and pulls the pedal towards it if you don't keep you toe near the toe stop. I'm thinking you can wrap a little duct tape around the toe area over the screw that secures the chain? That should muffle the contact for a while. Or I guess go a little lighter and keep your foot always near or on the toe area.
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 04-02-2012, 12:04 AM
burn-4's Avatar
burn-4 burn-4 is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 456
Default Re: DW9000

yeah makes sense! might give that tape a go, haven't noticed it happening for a while maybe I've altered my technique slightly to stop the bounce back
__________________
Yamaha, ZIldjian, Pearl, DW Hardware, Shure, Vic Firth, Remo and Evans
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 04-02-2012, 01:47 AM
areFish's Avatar
areFish areFish is offline
Silver Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 572
Default Re: DW9000

I play the single. I don't have any gripes. The spring broke once and I was sent a replacement or two. I've wanted to try out the strap that came with the pedal but never have. If it ain't broke…









Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are Off
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off




All times are GMT +2. The time now is 01:57 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Bernhard Castiglioni's DRUMMERWORLD.com