Beginning drummer: Advice on hardware set

lumoes

I have recently bought my first drum set, a used sonor 2001, and I still need to find some hardware to complete my kit. I have been looking and came across some. There is one in particular I am thinking of getting. I'd would like to know more though.

http://www.guitarcenter.com/Ludwig-400-Series-Hardware-Pack-105623409-i1449130.gc

I am curious if this ludwig pack will fit any kit, particularly mine. Or if there are any better suggestions.

I appreciate the feedback. Everyone is a big help.

You can use any hardware kit like this with any drumset. Most snare stands these days can accommodate any 14" snare drum so you'll have no problems there. And if you like the bass drum pedal, you're good to go! I've never used that Ludwig hardware though, and I don't know many guys who do, so I'm not sure how sturdy or well-built they are. they should be OK. But I'm sure the big hardware companies, like Tama, Pearl, Yamaha, and Drum Workshop, all make fine hardware too, and you might be able to get a set down to that price. I'm just saying it pays to shop around.

Not 100% sure on that set as i would need to see it up close but usually that level of Ludwig hardware is built and supplied by the same company that supplies Gibraltar, Dixon, Worldmax, Cannon and a few others and can usually be bought under the Dixon name for less money than the others. Nothing wrong with it what so ever. The double braced hardware is good, solid hardware and can last for years. I personally have been using the same Dixon hardware for over 14 years now with no repairs.

That is a fine hardware setup. It's sturdy enough to last you years as long as you do not abuse it.

Once you're comfortable playing, you'll probably look at higher end pedals, but these Ludwig pedals (bass and hi hat) in this kit will last you a while, they are quality pieces of equipment.

If I were just starting out, this would definitely be high on my list.

Back