INTRODUCTIONS: Please Use This Thread To Introduce Yourself!

Re: just joined....

Welcome to Drummerworld. You have a Pearl Reference kit, and you post no pictures? Oh, the horror. Please, some eye candy, when you get the time.​

Ok, got it.

The finish is twilight fade. Black hardware. These drums are absolutely thunderous. And you can see my 4 piece masters custom set in the background as well. They sound great live and its a small kit and easy for set up and playing out.

Attachments

• drums 5.jpg
    drums 5.jpg
    380.3 KB · Views: 1,103

Beautiful kit. I'll guess the sizes at 20, 10, 12, 14, 16? Love the black hardware, too.​
I resize all my pictures here http://www.shrinkpictures.com/ really quick and easy.​

Welcome to the forum!

Beautiful kit. I'll guess the sizes at 20, 10, 12, 14, 16? Love the black hardware, too.​
I resize all my pictures here http://www.shrinkpictures.com/ really quick and easy.​

yep, you got the sizes correct. thanks for the compliment. I let a friend of mine play them out one night so I could sit and hear them and they absolutely sounded incredible live and miced up.

they dont leave my house again though. they were bought to enjoy at home and do some recording with. not to be gigged out.

they dont leave my house again though. they were bought to enjoy at home and do some recording with. not to be gigged out.
Well, I know that deal. I have 7 acoustic sets, and my Gretsch Round Badge kit ... it stays in my house. Not even "in my drum studio". It stays in my house. My beater kit, is a Yamaha Recording Custom kit. And I'd gig out with any of my "other" 5. But the Round Badge kit stay's under "house arrest".​
Yeah, I've heard the Reference drums, live. Un-mic'd. Great sounding drums.​

Welcome to the forum. Beautiful kits.
I really dig the EC2 clears and EMAD as well, nice choice indeed.

Welcome to the forum. Beautiful kits.
I really dig the EC2 clears and EMAD as well, nice choice indeed.

Thanks for the compliments. Yeah, I went with the ec2 heads just because that seemed to be the rage and what lots of folks were using these days.....and they sound awesome....but I may try something different soon just to see what some other heads sound like.

Re: New member

Gérard, welcome to Drummerworld. No need to apologize for your English .... you speak/type it waaaaaay better than I do French. But man, you break my heart .... I gotta see those drum kits of yours. Here's a resize link. It's free, fast, and easy. http://www.shrinkpictures.com/ (just like some women, I used to know).​
I have a Gretsch Round Badge kit, 20, 13, 16. Of course, not in the finish you have. That is one rare kit, you have.​

Hey everyone, just joined!

Hey everyone,
Been looking forward to getting on here finally, even if it is just on my phone for now.

I'm Chunky, 27 years old, been playing since I was 15, I love most styles of music and even the styles that don't set my world on fire I still enjoy to play and learn.
Love funky stuff, latin and reverse engineered break-beat styles but I am first and foremost a metal-er.
I play in a band called Hellraizer and we play a mix of, straight up metal, djent and pretty much all the good bits we like of all the genres.

I play a Mapex Saturn Pro, 10, 12, 14 toms, 20 kick and 14x 7 Black panther

I have coated Emporer heads on top, Ambassadors on bottoms, Emporer X on snare and eMad on bass drum

17" A custom crash (I think, I've only just started venturing away from Sabian),
18" AAXplosion crash
16" Pro Sonix china which was a spare after I broke my better ones but cuts through better live than the expensive ones! Nasty recording tone though...
18" Istanbul china, Alchemy? looks terrible, sounds amazing!
21" Sabian dry ride
7" and 10" Dave Weckl evo splashes - sounds just like him! Which is a credit to just how natural his sound is and how good that natural sound is. Doesn't make me play like him though... :(
8" AAX splash
Big and small Zil-bells
14" AAX stage hats

Gibralter rack
Iron cobra pedals, double, hats and cowbell.

An assortment of cowbells, woodblocks tamborines and 12" Tama hand hammered snare for other musical situations

I don't get out on the scene much and there isn't a great deal of drummers around me so I've always missed out on the strong drummer community I always read about in Rhythm magazine so, here I am! Hello everyone!

Chunky

Re: Hey everyone, just joined!

Hi Chunky, welcome to the forum :)

Are you a Mick Tucker's fan? Just wondering because of your username, lol :)

Real name?-Richard Whynn McGuire, or Rick
Age?-16
How long have you been playing?-6 years
Origin of user name? perc=percussion phreak=because it looks cool
Your top 5 drummers? In order Buddy Rich, Max Roach, Steve Jordan, Chad Smith, Matt Greiner,
Make of drumkit?-PDP FS Birch 5 piece Tobacco Burst, Ludwig Aluminum Snare Drum
Make of cymbal?-Zildjian ZXT Series, Paiste 302 hi-hats
Where do you practice?-My room, school
Are you in a band?-Sort of, my brother, cousin, and I are recording some songs this summer but we never jam
Do you play covers or originals?-Both, but mostly originals
What style of music?-Anything
Favourite take out food?-3x3 from In-and-Out
What country do you live in?-U.S.A.
One really odd fact about yourself?-I can quote the entire movie "That thing you do"
How did you start drumming?-Joining school band in Elementary school, and taking drum lessons

Hey guys. I'm new!

Real name? Aaron
Age? 19
How long have you been playing? Running on two years now
Origin of user name? A multi-instrumental project that I started that's a little over ambitious and thus on a backburner for now.
Your top 5 drummers? Blake Richardson, guess I'll just say most youtube drummers take one spot... I don't know. I can't really choose. I take inspiration from almost everyone I hear. I know that's probably cliche, but it's true. I can't pick. Sorry.
Make of drumkit? PDP Z5s right now, but about to buy some Tama Silverstars.
Make of cymbal? Zildjians
Where do you practice? In a garage.
Are you in a band? Unfortunately not.
Do you play covers or originals? Covers mostly. Try to do originals but... I'm on my own, ha, and soloing isn't really my focus.
What style of music? Almost everything I can wrap my head around :)
Favourite take out food? Chinese :) Sesame chicken from China kitchen, down the road.
What country do you live in? United States. California. You've never heard of the city :) Smaaaaaall.
One really odd fact about yourself? Uh... Odd? I'm also a competition-winning actor, as well as a writer? Idk about odd. I can't think of "odd" facts, haha.
How did you start drumming? Kill me now, but Rock Band. My dad got it because I liked Guitar Hero, and I always just ignored the drums and pushed them on him. Then one fateful day... ha ha ha!

Last edited:
Re: Hey everyone, just joined!

Thanks!

I have no idea who Mick Tucker is?

My nicknames Chunky and I'm in a band called Hellraizer.

Never even seen the movie Hellraiser! Iw Mick Tucker the guy?

I think there's even another band called Hellraiser, just spelled differently.

Impossible to pick a name no-one has! We need to extend our alphabet!

I have to say it's great to be among other drummers, spent so long in the dark I'm excitededly replying to every little post probably getting on people nerves! Lol.

Great place!

Hello...from Portugal!

Well, first of all, I'm sorry for my bad english. My name is Michelle Castro, and I'm Portuguese. I'm 15 yo, and I'm learning drums (or trying to).

I play guitar, sax and piano for years, and since the beginning of this year, drums. I have a cousin, now in Germany, who left me parts of his old (first one I guess) drumkit.
I'm very curious and I love music, so, I've started to try drumming a little bit, playing alongside with some Johnny Cash, or Elvis music (without real drums in those records).

I'm already on another instrument's classes, so I cant afford a drum teacher. So, I'm alone on this, but loving this. I'm a minimalist girl, and I love the drumming style of Meg White, Ringo Starr, Mike Avory... Well, I have a very small drumkit:

a 14' hihat (paiste), a 18'' crash/ride paiste, a snare, a kick and a floor tom. Just that. I have the cymbal monted on the kick, on the middle of the drumkit (well, just a little bit for the right side, close to my floor tom). I can play it as a real ride, or crashing on him. Call me innocent, but until now, I'm quite happy with this drumkit. I'm learning with internet and tutorials, playing and pratice hard, and now I'm playing with a band (well... a PROJECT of a band).

Sorry all this wall of text. Any tips and ideas, are wellcome :)

Back