DRUMMERWORLD OFFICIAL DISCUSSION FORUM   

Go Back   DRUMMERWORLD OFFICIAL DISCUSSION FORUM > Drum Gear > Other Gear

Other Gear Discuss Hardware and all other equipment not covered in the other topics

Old 03-01-2012, 01:21 AM

Default stuff for recording.

i recently saw this http://www.amazon.com/Tascam-US1800-.../dp/B005SI4OC4 on amazon and i thought it looked like a pretty good deal. it looks like its everything i would need to record with by im not sure. does anyone know if this is worth it?
Old 03-01-2012, 03:59 AM
Silver Member

Default Re: stuff for recording.

You'll need a decent computer (newer dual/tri/quad core processor, 4GB+ RAM, and a 7200rpm HDD). Also, you're going to need some mic stands ($$$$). Anticipate to spend another $200 on mic clips/stands.

Good initial setup, pretty much what I'm running now. I have the TASCAM US-1641, the predecessor to the US-1800. I do not use the Cubase that comes with TASCAM interfaces, I use Sonar Producer Edition. I cannot get Cubase to install correctly and I'm just use to Cakewalk anyway.
Old 03-02-2012, 03:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by simmsdn View Post
You'll need a decent computer (newer dual/tri/quad core processor, 4GB+ RAM, and a 7200rpm HDD). Also, you're going to need some mic stands ($$$$). Anticipate to spend another $200 on mic clips/stands.

Good initial setup, pretty much what I'm running now. I have the TASCAM US-1641, the predecessor to the US-1800. I do not use the Cubase that comes with TASCAM interfaces, I use Sonar Producer Edition. I cannot get Cubase to install correctly and I'm just use to Cakewalk anyway.
alright, thanks man. ill have to keep this in mind for the near future. i have my beautiful set sitting in my room that i wish i could share my talents with people, but im sadly stuck in my room jamming by myself xD being able to record would make it more worth while
Old 03-04-2012, 07:53 PM

i plan on getting the tascam us1800 as well. i hope more people can chime in with some reviews.
Old 03-06-2012, 11:41 AM
Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by redline201 View Post
i plan on getting the tascam us1800 as well. i hope more people can chime in with some reviews.
What do you want to know about it? It's the same unit as the US-1641, just has a prettier faceplate. I've had the US-1641 for about 2 years now.