DRUMMERWORLD OFFICIAL DISCUSSION FORUM   

Go Back   DRUMMERWORLD OFFICIAL DISCUSSION FORUM > Your Place > Your Gear

Your Gear Show your Gear - Pictures - Descriptions

Old 01-17-2012, 05:05 AM

Default How can I change (rearrange) my kit?

I've had this kit for a while, and I want to change some things up.

Here's what I got.

I'm thinking of getting a crash for the left side, and removing the ride.

I also want to lower everything, make it look more stage appealing, so people can see me more. Problem is, I can't with the bass drums in the away. Any ideas? Pictures of your double bass drum kit?

I'm thinking of getting an actual Speed Cobra double kick pedal, and using them on the left bass drum, and getting rid of the single one. Mainly for micing reasons, and it would look cool.

Other than that, I'm out of ideas. Do you guys have any?
Old 01-17-2012, 05:43 AM
Platinum Member

Default Re: How can I change (rearrange) my kit?

Quote:
Originally Posted by icedgreece View Post
I want to change some things up.
Ask yourself:

WHAT do you want to change? And WHY do you want to change it? Answer those two questions and the changes to be made will become obvious.

Outside of that, it's just a stab in the dark......change for change sake. There's nothing wrong with that, but surely they are ideas you can come up with yourself? We could suggest a million different ideas, but let's be honest, you don't need a drum forum to help you experiment with your kit.

I could list a host of things that will change the appearance of your kit, but is any of it really gonna help make you a better drummer....or more comfortable at your kit? Honestly, I think you're worrying about stuff that just doesn't matter. So far the best you've come up with is "so people can see me more" If being seen behind your kit is more important than what you can do on it, then the answer is easy.....sit up high, maybe ditch some pieces. But if making music on the drums is more important to you, then ditch what is not necessary and keep the rest......only you know what is "necessary" for you though. ;-)

Last edited by Pocket-full-of-gold; 01-17-2012 at 06:11 AM.
Old 01-17-2012, 06:13 AM
Platinum Member

Why not finish the basement walls so that you have a real cool practice room ;)
And pick up your brushes!
Old 01-17-2012, 06:14 AM

Just get one bass drum, your hihats and snare and work on becoming a groooooove monster!
Old 01-17-2012, 06:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pocket-full-of-gold View Post
Ask yourself:

WHAT do you want to change? And WHY do you want to change it? Answer those two questions and the changes to be made will become obvious.

Outside of that, it's just a stab in the dark......change for change sake. There's nothing wrong with that, but surely they are ideas you can come up with yourself? We could suggest a million different ideas, but let's be honest, you don't need a drum forum to help you experiment with your kit.

I could list a host of things that will change the appearance of your kit, but is any of it really gonna help make you a better drummer....or more comfortable at your kit? Honestly, I think you're worrying about stuff that just doesn't matter. So far the best you've come up with is "so people can see me more" If being seen behind your kit is more important than what you can do on it, then the answer is easy.....sit up high, maybe ditch some pieces. But if making music on the drums is more important to you, then ditch what is not necessary and keep the rest......only you know what is "necessary" for you though. ;-)
I have changed this kit so many times as it is. I keep adding onto it, haha.It's comfortable now, but rearranging can make it more comfortable than it is now, maybe less. Who knows? Just wanted ideas.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobdadruma View Post
Why not finish the basement walls so that you have a real cool practice room ;)
And pick up your brushes!
Well, that's why my hats are so dirty. I opened every shell and dusted them out. Unfortunately, some events came up and I can't finish the basement anymore. Moving out soon, anyways,

Quote:
Originally Posted by mutzy View Post
Just get one bass drum, your hihats and snare and work on becoming a groooooove monster!
I have done that, actually. I should have taken pictures, I used 1 rack tom 12", and a 16" floor tom, stock snare, Zildjian Custom K Hybrid hats, my Raw Bell Dry Ride and HHX 18" crash.

Still, a little more than a hat, kick and snare but it was will fun, the tuning I would say was the best part.
Old 01-17-2012, 06:52 AM

Not sure of your sizes but.

http://tinyurl.com/7knsyt8

set up similar to this.... http://andrewolson.com/Neil_Peart/ne...s/neil_d13.jpg
Old 01-17-2012, 08:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fancypants View Post
Not sure of your sizes but.

http://tinyurl.com/7knsyt8

set up similar to this.... http://andrewolson.com/Neil_Peart/ne...s/neil_d13.jpg
Looks alright. I'll take that pole that the hat stays onto and saw it down so there's about 2.5" of it left, enough for my drop clutch.

Have to incorporate the double kick, though.

Also, measurments are

8", 10", 12", 14", 16", 18" toms with 2, 22 x 18" bass drums
Old 01-17-2012, 09:10 AM
Platinum Member

If you want to be "seen" ... and keep your double kicks .... try this ...
If you need to keep all the rack toms, place the rest behind (left of) the hi-hat.
Attached Images