DRUMMERWORLD OFFICIAL DISCUSSION FORUM   

Go Back   DRUMMERWORLD OFFICIAL DISCUSSION FORUM > Drum Gear > Other Gear

Other Gear Discuss Hardware and all other equipment not covered in the other topics

Old 01-08-2012, 04:05 PM

Default Stands/pedals/gadgets aluminium alloy

Hey guys!
I was just curious what aluminium alloy is used to make cymbal tilters, pedals, clamps and all that aluminium stuff? I'm pretty sure it's not the most expensive one, but then again, you never know...
Thanks!
Old 01-08-2012, 10:33 PM
Gold Member

Default Re: Stands/pedals/gadgets aluminium alloy

I think most of the DW9000 gear and stands have to be steel. From the DW Website:
Quote:
The industry-standard, industry-leading line of 9000 Series hardware is our most popular. Heavy-duty steel constructions means it built to withstand the punishment that long tours can dish out
Now the quality behind the manufacturing process is anyone's guess since I've heard their gear does break down. I just know my stands, clamps and pedals are fricken heavy - so must be steel.

On the other hand, my Trick Dominator Double pedals: "...they are made in the U.S.A. out of AL13 aerospace alloy. The AL13 alloy is a rugged material that gives the pedal a very sturdy, quality feel." The pedal is very light, extremely strong. Extremely expensive...
Old 01-09-2012, 11:52 AM

Default Re: Stands/pedals/gadgets aluminium alloy

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigDinSD View Post
I think most of the DW9000 gear and stands have to be steel. From the DW Website:
Now the quality behind the manufacturing process is anyone's guess since I've heard their gear does break down. I just know my stands, clamps and pedals are fricken heavy - so must be steel.

On the other hand, my Trick Dominator Double pedals: "...they are made in the U.S.A. out of AL13 aerospace alloy. The AL13 alloy is a rugged material that gives the pedal a very sturdy, quality feel." The pedal is very light, extremely strong. Extremely expensive...
Yeah, pipes and legs on stands are made of steel. But the tilters and die-cast joints are surely aluminium. On pedals footboards, cams and pedal frames are aluminium. I'm talking about majority of pedals.

I can only imagine the cost of those Trick pedals.