DRUMMERWORLD OFFICIAL DISCUSSION FORUM   

Go Back   DRUMMERWORLD OFFICIAL DISCUSSION FORUM > Off Topic Lounge

Off Topic Lounge All Discussions Not Related To Drumming

Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #41  
Old 04-10-2011, 05:10 AM
DrumEatDrum's Avatar
DrumEatDrum DrumEatDrum is offline
Platinum Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Los Angeles, CA
Posts: 7,661
Default Re: Best Song Ever

My favorite all time song is actually not by any of my favorite bands, and it's not even in my top favorite genres.

But there is something just beautiful and magical that always grabs me any time I here
"Under the Milky Way" by The Church.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V-mQyRuHIuA
Reply With Quote
  #42  
Old 04-10-2011, 02:36 PM
nhzoso
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: Best Song Ever

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeus Mutation View Post
Best Song Ever is ridiculousely Crazy to try and narrow down... I mean its all about how we feel at the time... No way is this the only

Eleven - Primus
Bold As Love - Jimi


Thats what makes it a cool question, I wonder what song would be mentioned the most if everyone had stuck to the question of 1 song only.. We all know it's impossible and depends on mood but if you had to only pick one right now? hmmmm guess we won't know.
Reply With Quote
  #43  
Old 04-10-2011, 07:54 PM
classicstar's Avatar
classicstar classicstar is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 314
Default Re: Best Song Ever

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuo View Post
The Lotus Eater - Opeth
I have to agree, this song is just mixture of everything purposely to make you go wtf lol. So frantic, then so soothing, and then into a funky keyboard solo and then to frantic again.

I would also have to say Progenies of the Great Apocalypse by Dimmu Borgir. I know most of you probably aren't a fan of the vocals but this song just does it for me. It is just so incredibly intense, and it almost never lets up. The haunting and quiet midsection just goes straight back into the intensity and the pianos going crazy it's just....I love this song lol
__________________
Tama ~ Evans ~ Vater ~ Meinl
Reply With Quote
  #44  
Old 04-11-2011, 05:40 AM
Fuo's Avatar
Fuo Fuo is offline
Platinum Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Baltimore, MD
Posts: 1,684
Default Re: Best Song Ever

Quote:
Originally Posted by classicstar View Post
I have to agree, this song is just mixture of everything purposely to make you go wtf lol. So frantic, then so soothing, and then into a funky keyboard solo and then to frantic again.
hah, yea great description. every time I hear it the word "schizophrenic" pops into my head... but in a good way.
Reply With Quote
  #45  
Old 04-11-2011, 10:59 AM
Frost's Avatar
Frost Frost is offline
Silver Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Melbourne, Australia
Posts: 933
Default Re: Best Song Ever

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuo View Post
hah, yea great description. every time I hear it the word "schizophrenic" pops into my head... but in a good way.
I'd have to say my favorite Opeth song is Still Day Beneath The Sun, I've asked for that to be at my funeral should I die randomly.

Out of their heavier tracks, Demon Of The Fall, I've seen them play it live a few times now, it is a very coherent track with some very memorable moments and just breathes everything good about early Opeth.
__________________
A disquiet mind at therapy with the music.
Reply With Quote
  #46  
Old 04-20-2011, 06:26 AM
Raimon Raimon is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 2
Default Re: Best Song Ever

My best song ever is Titanic song "My Heart Will Go On".
Every night in my dreams
I see you, I feel you
That is how I know you go on.

Far across the distance
and spaces between us
You have come to show you go on.

Near, Far,
wherever you are,
I believe that the heart does go on.
__________________
Calm your mind with the music. :-Hip Hop Loops
Reply With Quote
  #47  
Old 04-20-2011, 07:10 AM
Ungovernable Ungovernable is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: New Jersey
Posts: 14
Default Re: Best Song Ever

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eat Sleep Drum View Post
I'm a huge fan of everything by Tool. The song "H" especially.
Forty Six And Two...fiercest ending ever
Reply With Quote
  #48  
Old 05-26-2011, 08:30 AM
ronymark ronymark is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 5
Default Re: Best Song Ever

My best song ever are :

Rihanna ft. Drake - Whats Your Name?
Take on Me-a-ha
Love You Inside Out– Bee Gees
Come On Eileen–Dexys Midnight Runners
Crazy for You– Madonna
__________________
currys voucher codes
Reply With Quote
  #49  
Old 12-17-2011, 04:43 PM
AtomicFlapjack AtomicFlapjack is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Devon, UK
Posts: 264
Default Re: Best Song Ever

I don't think there can be a 'best song ever', but my personal favourite song is Cosmology by Rolo Tomassi. It's just unlike anything else I've ever heard, I've spent a long, long time trawling through the internet trying to find other songs that come to close to it for me, but nothing does. I like that really spacey sound, fused with changing time signatures, polyrhythms and the most epic outro to a song I've ever heard.

It's ironic, as I think Rolo Tomassi are one of the worst bands I've ever heard, making some of the most horrible noise I've ever heard, and yet this one song they make is my favourite song ever. I bet not many people can say that their favourite song is made by one of their most hated bands!
Reply With Quote
  #50  
Old 12-17-2011, 07:52 PM
Mad About Drums's Avatar
Mad About Drums Mad About Drums is offline
Pollyanna's Agent
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Shropshire, UK
Posts: 5,462
Default Re: Best Song Ever

If I had to choose one song only, then "Imagine" by John Lennon would be the one...

... we're all dreaming of a better world.
__________________
Keep On Drumming
Reply With Quote
  #51  
Old 12-21-2011, 10:05 AM
Midnite Zephyr's Avatar
Midnite Zephyr Midnite Zephyr is offline
Platinum Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Surf City, CA
Posts: 3,122
Default Re: Best Song Ever

What a Wonderful World by Louis Armstrong is one of the great ones I think.
__________________
5A Sticks--Coated Heads--Acoustic Drums--Cast Bronze Cymbals--Heavy-Duty Hardware
Reply With Quote
  #52  
Old 12-21-2011, 11:36 AM
kettles's Avatar
kettles kettles is offline
Gold Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Rotorua, New Zealand
Posts: 1,201
Default Re: Best Song Ever

Quote:
Originally Posted by AtomicFlapjack View Post
I don't think there can be a 'best song ever', but my personal favourite song is Cosmology by Rolo Tomassi. It's just unlike anything else I've ever heard, I've spent a long, long time trawling through the internet trying to find other songs that come to close to it for me, but nothing does. I like that really spacey sound, fused with changing time signatures, polyrhythms and the most epic outro to a song I've ever heard.

It's ironic, as I think Rolo Tomassi are one of the worst bands I've ever heard, making some of the most horrible noise I've ever heard, and yet this one song they make is my favourite song ever. I bet not many people can say that their favourite song is made by one of their most hated bands!
I just listened to that, I love it! I'm big into the whole 'post rock' sound. Have you heard Explosions in the Sky? Here's a song - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5F0QsjIflZw
__________________
Hi, I'm Andrew.
My old band, come download our stuff
Reply With Quote
  #53  
Old 12-21-2011, 01:34 PM
Too Many Songs's Avatar
Too Many Songs Too Many Songs is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Wales
Posts: 343
Default Re: Best Song Ever

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad About Drums View Post
If I had to choose one song only, then "Imagine" by John Lennon would be the one...

... we're all dreaming of a better world.
No, no, no, and no... This is soooooooo much better (and by another scouse):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2zP0xYv0sZk
__________________
Live well. It is the best revenge.
Reply With Quote
  #54  
Old 12-21-2011, 02:00 PM
AtomicFlapjack AtomicFlapjack is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Devon, UK
Posts: 264
Default Re: Best Song Ever

Quote:
Originally Posted by kettles View Post
I just listened to that, I love it! I'm big into the whole 'post rock' sound. Have you heard Explosions in the Sky? Here's a song - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5F0QsjIflZw
Ah I'm glad! So am I, post-rock was one of the main genre's I explored whilst trying to find songs similar to Cosmology. Yes I have, although I've not heard that song before, its pretty good :) In fact, probably the closest song I found to be similar to Cosmology was The Only Moment We Were Alone by Explosions In The Sky. Pretty strange how you chose that band of all post-rock to show me!
Reply With Quote
  #55  
Old 12-21-2011, 02:05 PM
Mad About Drums's Avatar
Mad About Drums Mad About Drums is offline
Pollyanna's Agent
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Shropshire, UK
Posts: 5,462
Default Re: Best Song Ever

Quote:
Originally Posted by Too Many Songs View Post
No, no, no, and no... This is soooooooo much better (and by another scouse):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2zP0xYv0sZk
Haha... Yep, back to reality :( ....funny though.
__________________
Keep On Drumming
Reply With Quote
  #56  
Old 12-21-2011, 04:55 PM
Midnite Zephyr's Avatar
Midnite Zephyr Midnite Zephyr is offline
Platinum Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Surf City, CA
Posts: 3,122
Default Re: Best Song Ever

Quote:
Originally Posted by Too Many Songs View Post
No, no, no, and no... This is soooooooo much better (and by another scouse):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2zP0xYv0sZk
Ain't that the truth....did you hear the Drop Dead Drummer song?
__________________
5A Sticks--Coated Heads--Acoustic Drums--Cast Bronze Cymbals--Heavy-Duty Hardware
Reply With Quote
  #57  
Old 12-21-2011, 05:02 PM
Mad About Drums's Avatar
Mad About Drums Mad About Drums is offline
Pollyanna's Agent
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Shropshire, UK
Posts: 5,462
Default Re: Best Song Ever

Quote:
Originally Posted by Midnite Zephyr View Post
Ain't that the truth....did you hear the Drop Dead Drummer song?
Haha... I can relate to that you know, I'm pulling such "painful" grin on my face while playing that the audience must think that drumming is a masochist type of instrument... or that I forgot the top part of my drum throne ;-))
__________________
Keep On Drumming
Reply With Quote
  #58  
Old 12-21-2011, 05:06 PM
Midnite Zephyr's Avatar
Midnite Zephyr Midnite Zephyr is offline
Platinum Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Surf City, CA
Posts: 3,122
Default Re: Best Song Ever

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad About Drums View Post
Haha... I can relate to that you know, I'm pulling such "painful" grin on my face while playing that the audience must think that drumming is a masochist type of instrument... or that I forgot the top part of my drum throne ;-))
LOL! I can only imagine. (No pun intended)
__________________
5A Sticks--Coated Heads--Acoustic Drums--Cast Bronze Cymbals--Heavy-Duty Hardware
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are Off
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off




All times are GMT +2. The time now is 01:53 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Bernhard Castiglioni's DRUMMERWORLD.com