DRUMMERWORLD OFFICIAL DISCUSSION FORUM   

Go Back   DRUMMERWORLD OFFICIAL DISCUSSION FORUM > Drum Gear > Other Gear

Other Gear Discuss Hardware and all other equipment not covered in the other topics

Old 12-16-2011, 01:15 AM

Default Drum Thrones

Hi just wanted to get some opinions on which is the better drum throne between a Roc n Soc and a Pearl roadster. Been looking at the bigger ones that you can put a backrest on, not that I intend to, as I am wanting to invest in a better quality seat.
Old 12-16-2011, 01:19 AM
Platinum Member

Default Re: Drum Thrones

I don't own one, but I know the Roc n Soc is gonna get the votes here. Check out some old threads.....those that own them, swear by them.
Old 12-16-2011, 01:46 AM
Platinum Member

I bought the Roc n Soc hydraulic lift throne for my birthday in June and it's the best piece of equipment I've bought for my kit, bar none. I can sit and play for hours in comfort. I recommend it!
Old 12-16-2011, 05:43 AM
audiotech

I don't own that particular Pearl throne, but I do have another that I've been using for over twenty five years. Most of Pearls hardware is well made, including their stands and will last many years.

I do own the Roc N Soc Lunar Hydraulic throne with the saddle seat and it is very comfortable. Since I bought that, I went with another Tama throne and I also purchased the back rest for the Roc N Soc and now use it at my mixers position. The first Roc N Soc throne that I bought had a round seat, but after sitting on it for 15 or 20 minutes, it would stop the blood flow to the back of my legs because of the large diameter seat. I took it back and got the saddle seat I now have.

If you're buying the throne in person, whichever one you're interest in, just sit on it for a while to make sure that you don't have issues with it.

Dennis
Old 12-16-2011, 07:25 AM
Silver Member

The Roc'n'soc is great, but make sure you like those fitted seats. I always felt like I would sink into it a bit while playing. I moved to a Tama 1st chair and I like it better.
Old 12-17-2011, 12:14 AM

This is the best I've sat on. I don't own it yet because I don't have the $$.

Tama TAMHT741 Ergo-Rider Quartet with Backrest Drum Throne http://amzn.com/B004JVZH0O

The current price ($300) on amazon is way too high though. It's been as low as 185 on there.

IMO the roc n soc backrest connection isn't very solid.
Old 12-17-2011, 12:48 PM
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaryO View Post
I bought the Roc n Soc hydraulic lift throne for my birthday in June and it's the best piece of equipment I've bought for my kit, bar none. I can sit and play for hours in comfort. I recommend it!
Ditto! I have the back on mine as well.