DRUMMERWORLD OFFICIAL DISCUSSION FORUM   

Go Back   DRUMMERWORLD OFFICIAL DISCUSSION FORUM > Drum Gear > Pedals

Pedals Discuss Pedals

Old 12-15-2011, 02:27 AM

Default Pearl Eliminator cams?

Good morning everyone,

I recently bought the Eliminator double kick pedal, and am currently using the blue cams on both pedals. I tried the other day to use the red one on my left foot and the blue one on my right foot, and its made me faster with regards to solid double kick, triplets and foot patterns. but i was wondering if this is bad practice? Should i get both my feet to be the same instead of giving my weaker foot a handicap?

Cheers!
Old 12-15-2011, 02:30 AM

Default Re: Pearl Eliminator cams?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob1n View Post
Good morning everyone,

I recently bought the Eliminator double kick pedal, and am currently using the blue cams on both pedals. I tried the other day to use the red one on my left foot and the blue one on my right foot, and its made me faster with regards to solid double kick, triplets and foot patterns. but i was wondering if this is bad practice? Should i get both my feet to be the same instead of giving my weaker foot a handicap?

Cheers!

mmm maybe you should have the same skill in both legs
Old 12-15-2011, 02:09 PM
TFITTING942

Whatever works best for you. As long as its an improvement, go for it. I started with the black cams and after reading a thread on here about peoples cam choices I switched to blue. I played a gig this past Saturday and to tell you the truth, I didnt notice any difference between the 2 colors.
Old 12-15-2011, 02:40 PM
Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by b3rnar2 View Post
mmm maybe you should have the same skill in both legs
Except that with a regular double pedal, the slave isn't the same as the master pedal. You have extra weight on the slave from the linkage. So by using different cams he may well be restoring the slave to the same feel as the master.

And the idea that you need to cripple your left foot by setting up the left pedal "the same" as the right pedal doesn't make sense to me. Set each pedal up independently however makes it feel best, and get better through practice.