DRUMMERWORLD OFFICIAL DISCUSSION FORUM   

Go Back   DRUMMERWORLD OFFICIAL DISCUSSION FORUM > Drum Gear > Other Gear

Other Gear Discuss Hardware and all other equipment not covered in the other topics

Old 12-01-2011, 08:14 PM

Default Question about Tambourine

Hi guys,
I can't remember what drummer or where I saw this but this one drummer had his tambourine mounted on his floor tom so it jingled as he played the floor tom. Does anyone have this? What kind of mount would I need to buy?

Thanks
Old 12-01-2011, 08:24 PM
Doctor Dirt

Default Re: Question about Tambourine

Percussionists and annoying singers try to play thoughs things, drummers play drums. They're the next most annoying hand held noise makers next to the dreaded cow bell. In the hands of 99 out of 100 singers those things are Torture!!!! Their banned on my band stand for the last 40 years, they should only be in the hands of pro percussionists. Doc

...........hahahahaha! I hate those things............
Old 12-01-2011, 08:35 PM

Okay thanks for your opinion on tambourines, does anyone know the best way to mount one?
I think they sound good with certain styles of music.
Old 12-01-2011, 09:08 PM
Platinum Member

The LP Claw can be used to mount a tambourine on anything with a rim. But you'll need a tambourine that can be mounted. I have a RhythmTech tambourine that is shaped like a crescent moon and where the handle would normally be, it has a mount there so you can stick it on things such as the Claw. I also have some old Danmar mounts that you can clamp to a cymbal stand with a vertical rod that can also hold this tambourine, and cowbells as well. Very handy for putting percussive things all over the kit.

But I saw a guy who actually just put a regular tambourine on his floor tom - the simplest approach - and removed it when he didn't need it.
Old 12-01-2011, 10:15 PM
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bo Eder View Post
The LP Claw can be used to mount a tambourine on anything with a rim. But you'll need a tambourine that can be mounted. I have a RhythmTech tambourine that is shaped like a crescent moon and where the handle would normally be, it has a mount there so you can stick it on things such as the Claw. I also have some old Danmar mounts that you can clamp to a cymbal stand with a vertical rod that can also hold this tambourine, and cowbells as well. Very handy for putting percussive things all over the kit.

But I saw a guy who actually just put a regular tambourine on his floor tom - the simplest approach - and removed it when he didn't need it.
I have long liked to have one mounted to a foot bracket.
Old 12-01-2011, 10:20 PM

I've got this mounted on my bass drum, like so:

It's a lot of fun, you hear it just a bit when I hit the kick drum, and since I play punk music it makes it sound a little "trashy" without sounding like total garbage, ya dig? It's also a hoot to use it like a hi-hat, with the kick drum on the off-beat, to make some complicated patterns. I was a little skeptical at first, but now I can't imagine my little kit without it.
Old 12-02-2011, 02:28 AM
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deathmetalconga View Post
I have long liked to have one mounted to a foot bracket.
And you are in luck! The LP Gajate bracket which you can use a mount for anything to use a bass drum pedal on, will actually work with the correct tambourines too! Go get one now! I got one for $40 at GC.
Old 12-14-2011, 08:46 AM
Gold Member

I have a very heavy tambourine (Egyptian Muzar) which is too heavy for a Gajate. I went with a DW 9909 Bass Drum Riser solution
that is rock solid (if not overkill) and a Vater Vintage Bomber beater (long shaft).

GJS
Attached Images