DRUMMERWORLD OFFICIAL DISCUSSION FORUM   

Go Back   DRUMMERWORLD OFFICIAL DISCUSSION FORUM > Drum Gear > Other Gear

Other Gear Discuss Hardware and all other equipment not covered in the other topics

Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #1  
Old 11-22-2011, 08:37 AM
DZellz DZellz is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Harrisburg,PA
Posts: 19
Default Shure P4HW

Hey everyone I'm scraping my rig I thought was awesome and going with the Shure P4HW bodypack. Anyone use it or have any opinions on it?? I wanna go hardwired cause it's cheaper and I can plug right into the stage snake. Thanks!
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 11-22-2011, 05:13 PM
Florian's Avatar
Florian Florian is offline
Silver Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 955
Default Re: Shure P4HW

glad you took my suggestion, you wont regret it.

F
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 11-22-2011, 08:07 PM
tard's Avatar
tard tard is offline
Gold Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: springhill nova scotia canada
Posts: 1,327
Default Re: Shure P4HW

You will love the ease of operation and how versatile it can be. No matter what the set up is or how things are configured at a gig you will always be able to easly hook it up one way or another. BTW I highly recommend a set of the Shure ear buds that use the yellow foam inserts, after scrunching them up and placing them in your ear they swell back up giving total isolation when using both and hold them securely in place, plus they are so light you hardly know your wearing them and the sound quality is great even with the single driver units.
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 11-22-2011, 08:56 PM
DZellz DZellz is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Harrisburg,PA
Posts: 19
Default Re: Shure P4HW

Quote:
Originally Posted by Florian View Post
glad you took my suggestion, you wont regret it.

F
Yeah man thanks for the help!!
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 11-22-2011, 08:57 PM
DZellz DZellz is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Harrisburg,PA
Posts: 19
Default Re: Shure P4HW

Quote:
Originally Posted by tard View Post
You will love the ease of operation and how versatile it can be. No matter what the set up is or how things are configured at a gig you will always be able to easly hook it up one way or another. BTW I highly recommend a set of the Shure ear buds that use the yellow foam inserts, after scrunching them up and placing them in your ear they swell back up giving total isolation when using both and hold them securely in place, plus they are so light you hardly know your wearing them and the sound quality is great even with the single driver units.
Im looking forward to it, and I do have the SE315's so ill give em a try!
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 11-22-2011, 10:23 PM
tard's Avatar
tard tard is offline
Gold Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: springhill nova scotia canada
Posts: 1,327
Default Re: Shure P4HW

Quote:
Originally Posted by DZellz View Post
Im looking forward to it, and I do have the SE315's so ill give em a try!
Perfect, I have the e1's that the unit originally came with and the more expensive e4c's that I got as a xmas present later on and they both work great and for the big difference in price I dont see that much of a difference is sound so I think you will be very pleased with the sound quality, your band will now have cd quality, well in your ears anyway...lol, btw in case you havent tried them yet give the foams a try instead of the rubbers as they isolate better and keep them in place much better. Anyway enjoy.
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 11-23-2011, 10:16 PM
bigiainw's Avatar
bigiainw bigiainw is offline
Silver Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Scotland
Posts: 969
Default Re: Shure P4HW

I have the p6HW, which is basically the same thing. I wouldn't consider anything else, they are so reiable and give great quality sound. I liked them so muych I bougth another as a spare, just in case...
__________________
www.theshineonline.co.uk
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 11-24-2011, 02:58 AM
DZellz DZellz is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Harrisburg,PA
Posts: 19
Default Re: Shure P4HW

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigiainw View Post
I have the p6HW, which is basically the same thing. I wouldn't consider anything else, they are so reiable and give great quality sound. I liked them so muych I bougth another as a spare, just in case...
I would like to get that unit but its just alittle to pricey for me right now :(
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 11-24-2011, 08:47 PM
tard's Avatar
tard tard is offline
Gold Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: springhill nova scotia canada
Posts: 1,327
Default Re: Shure P4HW

Quote:
Originally Posted by DZellz View Post
I would like to get that unit but its just a little to pricey for me right now :(
From what I can see the only difference is the metal case instead of plastic and the removable input cable, Oh and the $200...lol, Ive abused my plastic shelled p4hw for many years now with no problems so I really cant see the advantage of getting the 6, unless I am missing something in the specifications for both.
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 11-28-2011, 09:05 PM
bigiainw's Avatar
bigiainw bigiainw is offline
Silver Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Scotland
Posts: 969
Default Re: Shure P4HW

Quote:
Originally Posted by tard View Post
From what I can see the only difference is the metal case instead of plastic and the removable input cable, Oh and the $200...lol, Ive abused my plastic shelled p4hw for many years now with no problems so I really cant see the advantage of getting the 6, unless I am missing something in the specifications for both.
I think you're right- I bought both of mine used and paid about 150 between both- the second spare one was 20 as the chap who sold it couldn't get it to work properly- I bought it for the spare Y cable but as it turns out it was just set up all wrong! Solid piece of kit though and does exactly what it says with great clarity in the audio reproduction.
__________________
www.theshineonline.co.uk
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are Off
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off




All times are GMT +2. The time now is 03:29 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Bernhard Castiglioni's DRUMMERWORLD.com