DRUMMERWORLD OFFICIAL DISCUSSION FORUM   

Go Back   DRUMMERWORLD OFFICIAL DISCUSSION FORUM > Drum Gear > Heads and Sticks

Heads and Sticks Discuss Heads and Sticks

Old 11-06-2011, 04:48 PM

Default Danmar Double Metal Click Pad

Hello, everyone. I wanted to get some opinions on the Danmar Double Metal Click Pad. Has anyone used them? I just picked one up, and I have to say, it is awesome. I play a lot of metal, ranging in death metal to hardcore, and this thing is crazy! It cuts through the mix so well, and sounds like a triggered kick when its being played, especially when the whole band is playing. It records fairly easily without the bass being mic'd internally, as well. I will admit, just playing alone it does have the metal "thunk" as you might expect, but add another guitar, and some cymbal work to it, and instant poor mans trigger!

Discuss.
Old 11-06-2011, 07:06 PM

Default Re: Danmar Double Metal Click Pad

Just as well you're not recording internally, if you're a 'bury the beater' player it'll rattle like the ball bearing in a spray paint can.

They're cool whilst being annoying.

EDIT: Oh and they can ruin the feel of your bass drum. I took mine off in the end and even flipped the beater round from the plastic side to the felt side for more bottom end.
Old 11-08-2011, 02:16 PM
Silver Member

i always had problems with them eventually falling off the skin, i switched over to the gibraltar graphite click pads, they even eventually fell off too. so now i get small strips of lexan/polycarbonate and they work great and last forever.
Old 11-14-2011, 04:26 PM

I had the Gibraltar Double click. I absolutely HATED it. It lasted a whole hour on my bass drum. I use DW plastic beaters, and the feeling of it was AWFUL. I couldnt control the sympathetic bounce, or the rebound bounce of the pedal, so each initial hit sounded like 3 or 4. Since Ive had the Danmar on the bass, and ive played 2-3 hour shows and quite a few practices so far, with no signs of coming off. I also stuck it to a Remo Falam Slam double patch that I had on the head first. Im sure sticking to the kevlar of the slam patch is helping the bond a little bit.