DRUMMERWORLD OFFICIAL DISCUSSION FORUM   

Go Back   DRUMMERWORLD OFFICIAL DISCUSSION FORUM > Drum Gear > Pedals

Pedals Discuss Pedals

Old 09-09-2011, 05:34 PM

Default Single or double pedal (not a should I buy question)

Would you consider the pedals on a double to be just as good as a single, given they are the same series (Iron Cobra, Eliminator, etc,,, ? If so, then other than cost, it shouldn't matter if you start out on a double with the left pedal detatched or a single right? Most of the time, people will end up buying a double in the future anyway. It's not like, when your ready to put the second pedal on, the feel will be different as there is more wear on the first pedal.

Any thoughts?
Old 09-09-2011, 06:24 PM

Default Re: Single or double pedal (not a should I buy question)

Are you talking about pedal quality? I wouldn't think there is any difference...

You typically can't just buy 2 singles and put them together. Usually they need some extra adapter...and this ends up costing more in the long run (if you buy new).

Some pedals can convert from doubles to 2 singles out of the box, usually the pricier ones. Lower end eliminators can't, demon drives can though. Dw9000 cannot, don't know about 5000s. I don't like ICs, so I have no idea on them.

Last edited by achdumeingute; 09-09-2011 at 06:43 PM.
Old 09-09-2011, 06:45 PM

This question is more about why buy a double when you are just learning. Most answers to this question is buy a single, learn how to play then add a double. And I say, if a double is the same quality as a single, then buy a double and don't put on the slave until you have your chops down. That way, you already have one when you are "ready".
Old 09-09-2011, 06:55 PM

Ahh. I bought a double just to work out my left foot. I rarely play double bass in music. Just because you have the slave attached doesnt mean you have to use it. Force your right foot to play triplets or whatever.
Old 09-12-2011, 12:37 AM
Gold Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by lhrocker View Post
This question is more about why buy a double when you are just learning. Most answers to this question is buy a single, learn how to play then add a double. And I say, if a double is the same quality as a single, then buy a double and don't put on the slave until you have your chops down. That way, you already have one when you are "ready".
I should have done that (bought the double pedal). I hadn't the experience to evaluate pedals, so I just went with the DW 9000 single. Originally, I wanted to master the single pedal first, then perhaps move to double. Price factor too.

I just did a post where I couldn't quite get quads @ 127 BPM, and the guy demonstrating it was flying on a double pedal.

I'll now probably move to a double pedal, and wait on my Stewart Copeland Brass snare. At least the DW 9000 single can go onto a double DW go anywhere practice kit I set up.
...Hindsight...