DRUMMERWORLD OFFICIAL DISCUSSION FORUM   

Go Back   DRUMMERWORLD OFFICIAL DISCUSSION FORUM > Drum Gear > Other Gear

Other Gear Discuss Hardware and all other equipment not covered in the other topics

Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #1  
Old 08-23-2011, 04:39 AM
sewolawen73 sewolawen73 is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Brooklyn, NY
Posts: 37
Default Factory Metal Hi Hat Jingler

Does anyone use the Factory Hi Hat Jingler? I saw that it's more compact than the typical hi hat tambourine clutch. So I bought it and you can install it on the hi hat stand using the rubber grommet in the middle, or install it in the hi hat clutch making full contact with the cymbal. Really cool. I chose to mount it on the stand using the grommet, but the only problem is that regardless of what height you put it, it starts to slip down as you play with the pedal hi hat. Did anyone have this problem or is the grommet on mine defective?
__________________
LISTEN TO PHANTOM ISLE
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 08-23-2011, 04:51 AM
ineedaclutch's Avatar
ineedaclutch ineedaclutch is offline
Silver Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: My living room
Posts: 574
Default Re: Factory Metal Hi Hat Jingler

I used one of those briefly. The rubber grommet is a piece of poo. It slips and will eventually tear. I didn't like placing it on the clutch as you can scratch your top hat with the screws. You could use an extra clutch felt, but I didn't like the feel of it. It was nice and subtle effect, but the mounting is problematic and I no longer use it.
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 08-23-2011, 05:03 AM
JENGLISH817 JENGLISH817 is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Trophy Club, TX
Posts: 212
Default Re: Factory Metal Hi Hat Jingler

I use this thing and I like the sound I get from it. I mount mine on the clutch because it does not hold on to the rod worth a damn. I also keep it on the clutch because I have a drop clutch and it makes it easier. As ineedaclutch said, there is the possibility of scratching the top hat with the screws. I did this with my hats but I was because I put it on upside down to begin with haha
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 08-23-2011, 05:34 AM
sewolawen73 sewolawen73 is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Brooklyn, NY
Posts: 37
Default Re: Factory Metal Hi Hat Jingler

Quote:
Originally Posted by ineedaclutch View Post
I used one of those briefly. The rubber grommet is a piece of poo. It slips and will eventually tear. I didn't like placing it on the clutch as you can scratch your top hat with the screws. You could use an extra clutch felt, but I didn't like the feel of it. It was nice and subtle effect, but the mounting is problematic and I no longer use it.
What a shame. The rubber grommet tore from playing the hi hat pedal?
__________________
LISTEN TO PHANTOM ISLE
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 08-23-2011, 06:32 AM
ineedaclutch's Avatar
ineedaclutch ineedaclutch is offline
Silver Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: My living room
Posts: 574
Default Re: Factory Metal Hi Hat Jingler

Quote:
Originally Posted by sewolawen73 View Post
What a shame. The rubber grommet tore from playing the hi hat pedal?
Sure did. My hh pedal sees more use than any other part of my kit usually. You can mount it on the clutch upside down as stated earlier, but I found I would still have to use an extra felt. I did not like the feel of this so I have stopped using it.
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 08-23-2011, 07:54 AM
sewolawen73 sewolawen73 is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Brooklyn, NY
Posts: 37
Default Re: Factory Metal Hi Hat Jingler

Hmmm, maybe I can get rid of the grommet, and buy a 2nd hi hat clutch to hold the Jingler in place.
__________________
LISTEN TO PHANTOM ISLE
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 08-24-2011, 06:07 AM
Deathmetalconga's Avatar
Deathmetalconga Deathmetalconga is offline
Platinum Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Boise, Idaho
Posts: 7,231
Default Re: Factory Metal Hi Hat Jingler

Quote:
Originally Posted by sewolawen73 View Post
Does anyone use the Factory Hi Hat Jingler? I saw that it's more compact than the typical hi hat tambourine clutch. So I bought it and you can install it on the hi hat stand using the rubber grommet in the middle, or install it in the hi hat clutch making full contact with the cymbal. Really cool. I chose to mount it on the stand using the grommet, but the only problem is that regardless of what height you put it, it starts to slip down as you play with the pedal hi hat. Did anyone have this problem or is the grommet on mine defective?
My main beef with my hihat tambourine clutch is that it's too big. How does this sound compared to the Rhythm Tech or Latin Percussion models? Is it as loud? As rich, even with fewer jingles?
__________________
Ironwood kit Tiki kit Openhanders Vids
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 08-24-2011, 08:03 AM
ineedaclutch's Avatar
ineedaclutch ineedaclutch is offline
Silver Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: My living room
Posts: 574
Default Re: Factory Metal Hi Hat Jingler

I found it to be a very subtle sound. It did not get in the way of the sound of the hh closing nor was it overbearing. It was not as loud or as satisfying as a full sizer though. I just don't like the mounting options.
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 08-26-2011, 05:51 PM
sewolawen73 sewolawen73 is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Brooklyn, NY
Posts: 37
Default Re: Factory Metal Hi Hat Jingler

Quote:
Originally Posted by ineedaclutch View Post
I found it to be a very subtle sound. It did not get in the way of the sound of the hh closing nor was it overbearing. It was not as loud or as satisfying as a full sizer though. I just don't like the mounting options.
Same reason why I bought it. If it wasn't for the faulty mounting device, this would've been perfect. Once I buy a smaller hi-hat clutch to hold it (and get rid of the grommit), I'll see how it feels.
__________________
LISTEN TO PHANTOM ISLE
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 09-03-2011, 01:04 PM
Odd-Arne Oseberg's Avatar
Odd-Arne Oseberg Odd-Arne Oseberg is offline
Silver Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Sykkylven, Møre og Romsdal, Norway
Posts: 740
Default Re: Factory Metal Hi Hat Jingler

I`ve been wanting one of those.

Let us know how the mounting works out.
__________________
Bring back the Zildjian Colaiuta stick!
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are Off
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off




All times are GMT +2. The time now is 12:15 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Bernhard Castiglioni's DRUMMERWORLD.com