DRUMMERWORLD OFFICIAL DISCUSSION FORUM   

Go Back   DRUMMERWORLD OFFICIAL DISCUSSION FORUM > Your Place > Your Gear

Your Gear Show your Gear - Pictures - Descriptions

Old 02-12-2007, 11:45 PM
Pioneer Member

Default Re: Mapex Saturn blue sparkle delivered

beautiful! makes that kit even more amazing.

This is me.

This is what I do.
Old 02-19-2007, 01:51 AM
Silver Member

GREAT looking kit!!!!
Yamaha Stands and Pedals
Old 02-19-2007, 03:11 AM
Silver Member

looks cool.. love the rack ;)
Old 02-19-2007, 05:59 AM
Silver Member

GORGEOUS Blue Laquer Sparkle! Enjoy. Joey
Old 02-19-2007, 11:39 AM
Silver Member

thats one god looking set man.

But what's with the a mastersounds in the front of that last shot?
Old 02-19-2007, 02:25 PM
Silver Member

What a good looking kit. Man did you score on that one. I am in love with the sound of the Saturns. Enjoy that bad boy!!

Last edited by Mapex589; 02-19-2007 at 02:26 PM. Reason: spelling
Old 02-19-2007, 02:45 PM

that's an amazing kit... I don't think I could play it though, I'm not left handed... does being left handed affect how people view your drumming?
Old 02-19-2007, 06:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solaris View Post
thats one god looking set man.

But what's with the a mastersounds in the front of that last shot?
Thank you Solaris, the hihat in the foreground are with the Taye Studio kit that I have set up next to the Saturns.
Old 02-19-2007, 06:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by remnantdrummer View Post
that's an amazing kit... I don't think I could play it though, I'm not left handed... does being left handed affect how people view your drumming?
Thanks remnantdrummer, being left handed is no different than people who are born right handed, we all do the same things with the same skill level and dexterity, but you are bring up a good point, that for some odd reason, some people think that it must be more difficult for leftys to do the same types of things compared to someone who is right handed, drumming included, which is silly to think. I would play a right handed kit with as much finesse as you would play a left handed kit.
Old 02-19-2007, 06:59 PM
Administrator

Great find on those drums my friend, and now we have two things in common, a Taye set, and a Blue Glass set, although mine is wrapped up in one set. With the other tom and rack that set looks totally awesome.
Old 02-20-2007, 06:09 AM

I just noticed that you have the RMV in bags. What a waste! :)

But the Saturn looks great!
Old 02-20-2007, 06:31 AM
Pioneer Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JIM_fear View Post

hey, you cant play em all at once -- and we all cant have a 6 bedroom house (i certainly dont). I have my DW in bags right now because i am playing the starclassic. when i gig, the DW rears its beautiful head.

This is me.

This is what I do.
Old 02-20-2007, 06:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JIM_fear View Post

No, not wasted, I gigged them a week ago and transported them back in the bags. I have been filling in and rehearsing with my old band from time to time, as the drummer they have now is stretched a little thin for time, so it's easier for me to leave the kit in bags so that I can take them to a rehersal or to a gig in a flash. I choose to gig these out and transport them because of the durability of the wrap and as you know, the drums are light and easier to schlep around.
Old 02-20-2007, 06:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dingbat View Post
No, not wasted, I gigged them a week ago and transported them back in the bags. I have been filling in and rehearsing with my old band from time to time, as the drummer they have now is stretched a little thin for time, so it's easier for me to leave the kit in bags so that I can take them to a rehersal or to a gig in a flash. I choose to gig these out and transport them because of the durability of the wrap and as you know, the drums are light and easier to schlep around.
Well, that's good. How did they do at the gig?
Old 02-21-2007, 01:46 AM

Hi Jim-fear, how's your kit doing? The RMV kit sounds fantastic miced up! The band has a 24 channel mixer, power amps, speakers/cabs and a subwoofer, I'm pretty sure most of the speakers are JBL/Carvin as are the amps. I have my own mics, nothing high-end but for live applications, they do the job very well - Audix Fusion series with Audix D-Vice mounting flex-arms that attach to the rims of the drums- F10 for the snare and toms, F12 for the 16 floor tom, and an inexpensive Samson Q-Kick for the bass drum. The 10 and 12 inch toms come through with some real sweet clarity of tone and sustain, the 14 and 16 inch toms have some great lower end with alot of fullness and the kick, with the original batter and ported Aquarian Resonator head and a small muffling pillow from PDP to control overtones, packs a great solid "whoomp" on the bottom when pumped through the subwoofer. Have not tried the two condensor mics in the Audix set as overheads, but I'll see in the future if I get a chance with this or another band.
Old 02-21-2007, 01:52 AM
Pioneer Member

Quote:
Hi Jim-fear, how's your kit doing? The RMV kit sounds fantastic miced up! The band has a 24 channel mixer, power amps, speakers/cabs and a subwoofer, I'm pretty sure most of the speakers are JBL/Carvin as are the amps. I have my own mics, nothing high-end but for live applications, they do the job very well - Audix Fusion series, F10 for the snare and toms, F12 for the 16 floor tom, and an inexpensive Samson Q-Kick for the bass drum. The 10 and 12 inch toms come through with some real sweet clarity of tone and sustain, the 14 and 16 inch toms have some great lower end with alot of fullness and the kick, with the original batter and ported Aquarian Resonator head and a small muffling pillow from PDP to control overtones, packs a great solid "whoomp" on the bottom when pumped through the subwoofer. Have not tried the two condensor mics in the Audix set as overheads, but I'll see in the future if I get a chance with this or another band.
i have the fusions as well and they are great! The overheads work pretty well, actually and i have used them in both recording and live situations. The only thing i bought was a D6 for a kick mic. However i will need to buy at least one more mic because now i have too many toms for my mic set up.

This is me.

This is what I do.
Old 02-21-2007, 08:55 AM

Quote:
Hi Jim-fear, how's your kit doing? The RMV kit sounds fantastic miced up! The band has a 24 channel mixer, power amps, speakers/cabs and a subwoofer, I'm pretty sure most of the speakers are JBL/Carvin as are the amps. I have my own mics, nothing high-end but for live applications, they do the job very well - Audix Fusion series with Audix D-Vice mounting flex-arms that attach to the rims of the drums- F10 for the snare and toms, F12 for the 16 floor tom, and an inexpensive Samson Q-Kick for the bass drum. The 10 and 12 inch toms come through with some real sweet clarity of tone and sustain, the 14 and 16 inch toms have some great lower end with alot of fullness and the kick, with the original batter and ported Aquarian Resonator head and a small muffling pillow from PDP to control overtones, packs a great solid "whoomp" on the bottom when pumped through the subwoofer. Have not tried the two condensor mics in the Audix set as overheads, but I'll see in the future if I get a chance with this or another band.
Wow, that's great news! I haven't miced mine up yet but I'll be going up to Northern AZ for a 3 to 4 day retreat during spring break and I'll get them miced up there. The best part is that I'll be using a great setup. Shure SM57 on the snare, Beta 52 on the bass and KSM141 condensors, and Audix D2s on the toms. Unfortunately, I don't own any of them.
I'm not exactly sure of the mixer, but I know that the drum mix will be running through its own mixer and into the main board. Anyway, it should sound great. By the way, you should try an Emad on your bass. I have a 1-ply Emad coated paired with an Aquarian resonator ported and it sounds amazing unmuffled. Do you still have the stock heads on your toms? I thinking about going with a G2 over G1 combination. I like the stock heads but I just through singly ply heads too quickly. But it is convenient knowing that whatever heads I go with , it will still sound great.
Old 05-21-2007, 09:46 PM

Dingbat;

That blue sparkle is absolutely beautiful.

I've had my Saturns for two weeks now and I think they sound better with each passing day.

Old 05-22-2007, 11:36 PM

Thanks for the compliment Boomerbrown, this thread was certainly dug up! In all honesty, I like the black cherry sparkle finish better than the blue sparkle, but the deal on this kit was too good to pass up. Your kit must be a 2007 with the newer diecast BD claws, is that the root beer fade sparkle? Outstanding!
Old 05-13-2009, 07:05 PM

ouu baby, nice kit.
I have a thing for blue sparkle. I have two blue sparkle wrapped kits and another on the way this week, so I'm somewhat biased, but I bet that sparkly wonder sounds as beaut as she looks.
Old 05-14-2009, 06:14 AM

Very sweet kit. The only thing I don't like is the size of the badges. They are pretty huge. Would be nice if they made them about half that size.
Old 08-24-2011, 08:01 PM

Quote:
I ordered a 16 inch floor tom about 1.5 months ago, just recieved it a few days ago, here it is with the set. And toms are now hanging off the rack with the mounting platform removed from the bass drum to make it a virgin (dirty old man)!
Wow that is a sweet saturn pro finish.