DRUMMERWORLD OFFICIAL DISCUSSION FORUM   

Go Back   DRUMMERWORLD OFFICIAL DISCUSSION FORUM > Drum Gear > Other Gear

Other Gear Discuss Hardware and all other equipment not covered in the other topics

Old 08-20-2011, 05:51 AM
Gold Member

Default Mixcraft 5! +++

I got Mixcraft 5 the other day, and it is truly a great product. You could call it GarageBand and Audacity combined (which it is), but it's much more than that. Detailed controls and options allow to fine tune a piece of music exactly the way you want it. The setup is a bit intimidating at first, but is very rewarding when you learn how to do it.

I just got the standard Mixcraft 5 package, and am very impressed. Hopefully, when I get my Q3HD, I can mix some tracks, and then drum along, and put the finished result on youtube.
They also make beatcraft, which is a specialized program for drums. I have not tried it, but it would be cool to hear from you guys if you have tried it.

Anywat I highly recommend Mixcraft 5. If you already have a Mac with GarageBand, the $75 price tag may not be worth it to you (however it's still better than GarageBand). But for anyone on windows stuck with audacity and home studio, I think it is well worth the price tag!