DRUMMERWORLD OFFICIAL DISCUSSION FORUM   

Go Back   DRUMMERWORLD OFFICIAL DISCUSSION FORUM > Drum Gear > Other Gear

Other Gear Discuss Hardware and all other equipment not covered in the other topics

Old 08-08-2011, 09:01 PM
Silver Member

Default Got my free Tre Cool practice pad and sticks!

Recently I decided to sign up for the Rhythm Magazine and they had an offer of free sticks and a practice pad by either Travis Barker or Tre Cool. Obviously, I picked Tre Cool as I didn't want to be seen as a Travis Barker wannabe kid (as I am not) and people judging me for using his practice pad and (very... stupid looking) sticks.

So, today I woke up and they arrived! I remember trying the Tre Cool sticks and finding them REALLY heavy (2B's as I found out today). But they're actually really great for practice! Wouldn't use them for playing a drum kit at all though, even though I found out that my dad has used them on my drum kit...

But anyways, I LOVE the rebound of the practice pad! It's a great practice pad and sure beats the hell out of my dad's Billy Hyde.

Have you guys tried the Tre Cool range?
Attached Images

Old 08-09-2011, 03:20 AM
Silver Member

Default Re: Got my free Tre Cool practice pad and sticks!

Well, man, first of all, congratulations.

Secondly, you shouldn't give a damn about what others may think or say about you as long as you stay true to yourself and what you like.

I once bought a pair of those Tre Cool sticks. Bad choice, they're so uncomfortable and awfully balanced. To me they feel like baseball bats. Unlike you, I can't use them not even for practice, they're just wasting space on my bag.
The Travis Barker signature sticks, on the other hand, I had quite a few and I thought they were great, They were a beefier X5B, nice taper, tip and lasted for centurys. I stopped using them because they left my cymbals white and it was VERY annoying.

Anyway, enjoy that mag and work on that pad!

Cheers.