DRUMMERWORLD OFFICIAL DISCUSSION FORUM   

Go Back   DRUMMERWORLD OFFICIAL DISCUSSION FORUM > Drum Gear > Other Gear

Other Gear Discuss Hardware and all other equipment not covered in the other topics

Old 07-27-2011, 06:13 PM
Gold Member

Default Super Sensitive to P85 conversion?

I just bought a B/O LM400. But It has the super-sensitive strainer. I don't mind it that much, but I've heard too many bad things about it.. So,

Has anyone done it?

Would you recommend it?

Are there any common holes between the two so I don't have to drill too many holes?

Are there any parts I need to buy other than the P85 strainer, butt plate, snare wires, and mounting screws?
Old 07-27-2011, 08:14 PM
Platinum Member

Default Re: Super Sensitive to P85 conversion?

I've never done it, but I think you're going to end-up having to do a re-drill to mount the P-85 and the butt plate.

But how about not doing anything yet and actually playing the drum the way it is? You might really like it and the problems you've heard about might not be real problems. I've known people who've owned their Super-Sensitives for years and never having any kind of problems. I've seen marching snares with Supoer-Sensitive strainers and those didn't appear to be having any problems (and you know how kids treat the public school-owned equipment!).

Have some faith first ;)
Old 07-27-2011, 09:42 PM
Gold Member

Default Re: Super Sensitive to P85 conversion?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bo Eder View Post
I've never done it, but I think you're going to end-up having to do a re-drill to mount the P-85 and the butt plate.

But how about not doing anything yet and actually playing the drum the way it is? You might really like it and the problems you've heard about might not be real problems. I've known people who've owned their Super-Sensitives for years and never having any kind of problems. I've seen marching snares with Supoer-Sensitive strainers and those didn't appear to be having any problems (and you know how kids treat the public school-owned equipment!).

Have some faith first ;)
Ok... haha, I was sorta leaning that way anyway. We'll see how it goes first. I'll take her out of a few dates and see how I like her.