DRUMMERWORLD OFFICIAL DISCUSSION FORUM   

Go Back   DRUMMERWORLD OFFICIAL DISCUSSION FORUM > Off Topic Lounge

Off Topic Lounge All Discussions Not Related To Drumming

Old 07-27-2011, 06:08 PM
Gold Member

Default My Bassist and I...

We have quite the special relationship.

He is conservative in many ways and a libertarian to the bone. A very strong constitutionalist.

I am liberal, probably to a fault. I am also fairly libertarian, but moderately so. I like to claim I'm independent.

The two of us are great friends, despite our conflicting political, economic, social, and philosophical views. We argue half of the time I'm at his house, and it never gets to either of us. We remain friends, and at the end of any sort of debate we see each other no differently than when it started. I guess being in a band together and just liking good music is a stronger bond than I give credit to. Perhaps being rhythm section guys groups us together anyway.

Does anyone else have this kind of relationship with any of their bandmates? Let's dedicate this thread to them if you do.
Old 08-02-2011, 12:26 PM

Default Re: My Bassist and I...

agree on timing issues when developing songs but battle ourselves when playing free browser games - currently war2 glory or soccerstar :)

Last edited by jicha; 08-08-2011 at 04:48 PM.
Old 08-02-2011, 04:19 PM
Platinum Member

Default Re: My Bassist and I...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coldhardsteel View Post
Does anyone else have this kind of relationship with any of their bandmates? Let's dedicate this thread to them if you do.
Yep....another bass player. My best mate. Has been since we were in garage bands together. I've worked in more bands and played more gigs with him than any other single musician. We are very tight and it shows through in many areas of my life.....musically is no exception. I've played with better bass players and I'm sure he's played with better drummers....but it never seems to hold a candle to rockin' out together. I'd form a band again with him tomorrow if he showed any interest.

Dunno about a dedication though.....that'd do no favours to his already massive head. I think a tirade of abuse followed by my insistance that it's his shout, would be much more our style. :-)