DRUMMERWORLD OFFICIAL DISCUSSION FORUM   

Go Back   DRUMMERWORLD OFFICIAL DISCUSSION FORUM > Drum Gear > Other Gear

Other Gear Discuss Hardware and all other equipment not covered in the other topics

Old 07-13-2011, 10:18 PM

Default new church, new drum, live sound!

Well the time has finally come and our church building's construction is complete. I was allowed to purchase a new Mapex Saturn (pics coming soon!) and new mics. The down side is that I am confined behind a plexi glass drum cage. The cage is also prewired with 6 XLR inputs which run directly to the FOH mixer. I was given 3 of the 6 inputs for my drum due to other instruments needing to be mic'd (i.e. percussion, organ).

That being said, I decided to purchase a sub mixer and run two mains from the sub mix to the FOH. The only downside that I have come across thus far is that I don't have the other instruments in my mix any more, also the drums sound great through my headphones which are plugged into my mixer but they sound horrible in the house, especially my kick drum. The kick drum is pretty much non existent in our subs.....are there any suggestions you guys have to remedy this situation? Also, what are the uses of a drum snake, would that be an alternative? Thanks guys.