DRUMMERWORLD OFFICIAL DISCUSSION FORUM   

Go Back   DRUMMERWORLD OFFICIAL DISCUSSION FORUM > Drum Gear > Pedals

Pedals Discuss Pedals

Old 06-18-2011, 07:48 PM

Default Problem with Mapex drum pedal

The metal rod has come out of the hinge part. I don't know the exact names for these parts but here's a picture, just wondering how to put it back together. I took it apart because the rod kept coming out when I was playing, Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.
I know I don't need drum key, it just happened to be in photo. Sorry if the picture's too big.
Attached Images

Last edited by Bobby D; 06-18-2011 at 07:51 PM. Reason: photo detail
Old 06-19-2011, 02:35 AM

Default Re: Problem with Mapex drum pedal

I have a very similar pedal. Unfortunately I believe that is a pressed in pin and if it simply slides right in and out, you need to find some other manner of inserting a rod in there. What I would do is take that rod to your local hardware store and find a bolt of the same diameter with a little more length and simply bolt it up. I would use a nylon locking nut on the end so you can leave it a bit loose so it can pivot freely. Might be as simple as that.

Edit: After further inspection of my pedal (slightly different), there are allen head set screws under the pedal board that hold the rod in. A fix could be as simple as a little lock-tite plus some torque on those set screws. Either way, should be an easy fix.
Old 06-19-2011, 03:54 AM

Default Re: Problem with Mapex drum pedal

Alright thanks, I got a nice used set for Christmas and the right one has been like that but not as bad as it has been lately and the left one is way to tight and stiff I loosened the springs but it didn't help