DRUMMERWORLD OFFICIAL DISCUSSION FORUM   

Go Back   DRUMMERWORLD OFFICIAL DISCUSSION FORUM > Off Topic Lounge

Off Topic Lounge All Discussions Not Related To Drumming

Old 06-16-2011, 01:39 PM
nhzoso

Default CONGRATS TO THE BOSTON BRUINS!

Great series even if a little odd the way the scoring went..Bruins could be great for years if they keep most of these guys.. Marchand looks great for a rookie and Seguin should be much better next year. Riots in Vancouver really sucked but all it takes is a few losers to ruin it for everyone.
Old 06-16-2011, 02:48 PM
sticks4drums

Default Re: CONGRATS TO THE BOSTON BRUINS!

Congratulations to Boston. My buddy and I got together last night to watch the game, and what a stinker. Vancouver was terrible. If the Sundin sisters, and Luongo are your best players, then you are in trouble. Boston had the heart, and Vancouver didn't for half the games. Especially in game 7. It is going to be a really lousy summer for a lot of Vancouver players.

It is like I tell my kids, you can make up for a lack of talent when you do things, if you put the extra effort in. This is what Boston did. Good on them.
Old 06-17-2011, 04:43 PM
nhzoso

yeah, Vancouver definetly had the speed advantage but the Bruins had the heart, I finally stopped chewing my finger nails when they scored the empty netter : ).. Now I have seen all 4 of my home teams win a championship..
Old 06-17-2011, 04:52 PM

The Vancouver Canucks were an embarrassement throughtout the playoffs. First there was the constant whining about the officiating, the cheap hits, the Sedin's not showing up, noone standing up for the Sedins as they are apparently unable to do it for themselves, Luongo sh*tting the bed night after night, his disrespectful comments towards Tim Thomas, and then the no show in game 7, the "fans" dumping their tickets after game 4, the no show in game 7, and I could go on and on.

Well done Bruins.
Old 06-17-2011, 04:58 PM

Boston won because of goaltending period!

Quote:
Canucks were an embarrassement throughtout the playoffs
The only thing Vancouver needs to be embarrassed about is the idiot fans that started the riots.
Old 06-17-2011, 05:07 PM
Pioneer Member

Tim Thomas was amazing. He definitely made history here. I thought it was pretty incredible to watch Luongo choke after running his mouth like he did. Too bad about the riots, but I wasn't really surprised. I thought it was a really good series, and was glad to see it go to a game 7.

I will admit I'm not a realy Bruins fan, but wherever Thomas plays, I'm rooting for him. Oh, and why the hell is Chara in the NHL? That guy can't skate, pass or shoot to save his life. He just happens to be 7 ft. tall. I don't get it.
Old 06-17-2011, 05:13 PM

Chara.. I know whatcha mean.. lol I'm not a fan of either team but I like game 7's! Just wish it was a closer game til the end..lol
Old 06-17-2011, 05:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by flicky View Post
Boston won because of goaltending period!

The only thing Vancouver needs to be embarrassed about is the idiot fans that started the riots.

I disagree, Vancouver became the most hated team in North America this playoff season. They shouldn't be embarrassed by the biggest loss in a cup final (8-1) since 1927?
Old 06-17-2011, 05:39 PM

Really? The most hated team? I guess it depends on what division you follow.
Old 06-17-2011, 05:40 PM
Gold Member

Hi Boston guy here. Suffered through many years with the Bruins. They were the underdog in this series but they wanted it more and were willing to make the sacrifices needed to win. They just would not let May Kate and Ashley Sedin play their game. I think Vancouver was just too beat up at the end.

Luongo needs to focus on his own playing and keep his mouth shut. Talk about fueling the fire of the opponent!!

Congratulations Bruins.
Attached Images

Old 06-17-2011, 06:18 PM

Quote:
Really? The most hated team? I guess it depends on what division you follow.

Yes really. Their actions or lack of them in the playoffs made them unpopular with a lot of people, even Canadians, who would love to see the cup come back to Canada. Although I think with the number of Canadians on the Bruins (which is probably why they won ; ) ) the cup will actually spend more time in Canada next year than if the Canucks had won.
Old 06-17-2011, 06:32 PM

LOL True the cup will be home more than in Boston. lol That's funny but true! I know they were not on my list of hated teams in the playoffs. Wash and Pit were mine! lol But i'm a Flyers fan..lol
Old 06-17-2011, 06:36 PM
sticks4drums

The only problem I had with Boston was all the goon stuff they were pulling after the whistle. or on the way to the bench. Show some class at least. I don't think we want out kids playing like that. In the regular season, they would of all got penalties for that crap.
Old 06-17-2011, 08:42 PM
Platinum Member

I was cheering for Boston, mostly because I like underdogs and Tim Thomas is the ultimate underdog. Not to mention, he's a good Michigan boy.

The weak performances by the Sedins, Kesler and Luongo were all factors in the Canucks losing. They just weren't willing to pay that extra price battling in front of the net or in the corners, chasing down loose pucks, etc. Will sometimes beats skill, and Boston seemed to want it more.
Old 06-17-2011, 10:18 PM

Quote:
LOL True the cup will be home more than in Boston. lol That's funny but true! I know they were not on my list of hated teams in the playoffs. Wash and Pit were mine! lol But i'm a Flyers fan..lol
Ah hah! A Flyers fan! Your views are perfectly understandable then. I would cheer for anyone in the Universe if they were playing against Edmonton.
Old 06-17-2011, 11:19 PM
nhzoso

Quote:
Originally Posted by sticks4drums View Post
The only problem I had with Boston was all the goon stuff they were pulling after the whistle. or on the way to the bench. Show some class at least. I don't think we want out kids playing like that. In the regular season, they would of all got penalties for that crap.
Thats hockey.. the real sad part was The Canucks taking soccer like dives.. That crap does not belong in hockey and will ruin the sport if allowed to continue. I like the embellishment rule but they need to enforce it more and have a stiffer penalty for it.
Old 06-17-2011, 11:30 PM
sticks4drums

Quote:
Originally Posted by nhzoso View Post
Thats hockey.. the real sad part was The Canucks taking soccer like dives.. That crap does not belong in hockey and will ruin the sport if allowed to continue. I like the embellishment rule but they need to enforce it more and have a stiffer penalty for it.
Sorry but that is not hockey. That is bullying. I have played all my life and I never had to be a thug to win. I will take fire wagon hockey any day. They reminded me of the way Philly wins. I also have no use for dives. That is not hockey either. Go put on Montreal against Russia new years eve 30 years ago Now that is hockey.
Old 06-18-2011, 01:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CCdrummer View Post
Ah hah! A Flyers fan! Your views are perfectly understandable then. I would cheer for anyone in the Universe if they were playing against Edmonton.
LOL! The only Canadian teams I pull for are the Leafs and Sens. Leafs mostley because I dislike the Habs almost as much as I hate the Rangers! And lets not forget about the Wings! Hate them too! lol I liked Bowman though..

sticks4drums, no love for my Flyers? lol
Old 06-18-2011, 03:44 AM
sticks4drums

I have always disliked the Flyers. They only won with intimidation. Hextal was a complete lunatic. Even their best player was a goon, Bobby Clarke. Eric Lindros was a complete nob. Need I go on. :) I love the old fire wagon Habs. Give me Guy Lafluer, Steve Shutt, Bob Gainey, Larry Robinson, Ken Dryden, Maurice Richard, Henri Richard, Jean Belevieu, Yvon Cornyier, Serge Savard, Patrick Roy, Need I go on. :)
Old 06-18-2011, 03:52 AM

The Flower Plays... I remember those days! lol But I disagree with you.
Old 06-18-2011, 03:53 AM
sticks4drums

Quote:
The Flower Plays... I remember those days! lol But I disagree with you.
About what????????????
Old 06-18-2011, 03:57 AM

Your crappy opinion about the Flyers! I would expect nothing less from a Habs fan! lol
Old 06-18-2011, 03:59 AM
sticks4drums

Quote:
Your crappy opinion about the Flyers! I would expect nothing less from a Habs fan! lol
I know. Truth hurts. :) What did I say that was wrong?
Old 06-18-2011, 03:59 AM
nhzoso

Quote:
Sorry but that is not hockey. That is bullying. I have played all my life and I never had to be a thug to win. I will take fire wagon hockey any day. They reminded me of the way Philly wins. I also have no use for dives. That is not hockey either. Go put on Montreal against Russia new years eve 30 years ago Now that is hockey.
well it is old school hockey and the NHL agrees with it because we all know if they really wanted to stop it they could. Don't get me wrong I love a good fast clean hockey game too as the olympics are some very exciting games but there are also some very boring lopsided games. I also love it in it's toughest raw form of knockdown dragout hockey.. I do not like cheapshots or biting but I do love hard checks and the occasional fist to cuffs. I think the NHL has taken alot of flack for allowing this type of hockey and in this politically correct climate they have not changed much which is both surprising and refreshing
Old 06-18-2011, 04:02 AM

Quote:
I know. Truth hurts. :) What did I say that was wrong?
Truth's not hurting me. Am I complaining??? You Habs fans need to stop living in the past! Get over it already! lol I have many friends that are Habs fans! blah blah blah...lol
Old 06-18-2011, 04:04 AM
sticks4drums

Quote:
Originally Posted by nhzoso View Post
well it is old school hockey and the NHL agrees with it because we all know if they really wanted to stop it they could. Don't get me wrong I love a good fast clean hockey game too as the olympics are some very exciting games but there are also some very boring lopsided games. I also love it in it's toughest raw form of knockdown dragout hockey.. I do not like cheapshots or biting but I do love hard checks and the occasional fist to cuffs. I think the NHL has taken alot of flack for allowing this type of hockey and in this politically correct climate they have not changed much which is both surprising and refreshing
Every time the whistle blew, someone would wack, smack, slap, hook, hit with their stick, one of the Sundin sisters. That Marchant guy must be on crack or something. He would not shut up, or stop picking at someone. He has so much skill, he does not need to be a super pest. I love tough. I hate cheap. There is a difference. Besides this series had 3 very boring lop sided games in it.
Old 06-21-2011, 03:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CCdrummer View Post
his disrespectful comments towards Tim Thomas,
What did Luongo say about Tim Thomas???
EMAD
VF Kinetic Force 5B
Speed King
Old 06-22-2011, 05:18 PM
Platinum Member

I felt so old when they said it has been 39 years since the Bruins won the cup, and I actually remember those days! :)