DRUMMERWORLD OFFICIAL DISCUSSION FORUM   

Go Back   DRUMMERWORLD OFFICIAL DISCUSSION FORUM > Drummers

Drummers Topic Name = Drummer's Name. Use this forum to discuss the drummers profiled on DrummerWorld

Old 08-13-2009, 11:52 PM

Default Graham Lear

Hi: Just a note to try and get some support to have one of my favourite drummers,Graham Lear added to the roster of Drummerworld. Three albums with Gino Vanelli and numerous albums as the kit drummer with Santana and Carlos Santana, check out the solo Head,Hands and Feet on Moonflower,along with an amazing latin instructional dvd. I have emailed Bernhard several times but can't get a reply on how I can further this request. Can anyone help me?
All the best
Terry
Old 08-20-2009, 06:38 PM
Silver Member

Default Re: Graham Lear

Terry,

As a big Santana fan, I've always considered Graham to be one of the best drummers to have played with the band although he wasn't with them long compared to some of their other drummers. His drumming on Europa is great, and his talent to mesh with the percussionists in the band demonstrates how good his ear for music is.

I looked him up on the internet a couple of months ago. Although Canadian, he's now living in Portland, Or, I think it was, and he's now playing jazz. He has a web site. Contact him to get a hold Bernhard.

I didn't realize he has a DVD out. Since I'm currently trying to find a latin drumming teacher your info is timely. Thanks.
Old 06-13-2011, 12:21 AM

Default Re: Graham Lear

Saw Graham twice with Gino Vannelli. WOW !! What a super drummer with incredible timing and feel !!