DRUMMERWORLD OFFICIAL DISCUSSION FORUM   

Go Back   DRUMMERWORLD OFFICIAL DISCUSSION FORUM > Drum Gear > Pedals

Pedals Discuss Pedals

Old 06-05-2011, 05:53 PM

Default New 2011 Iron Cobra Power Glide single pedal

I sold my Iron Cobra Power Glide double pedals few days ago because I didn't play that much double bass anymore. I really liked the pedal, so why should I have changed the pedal itself to another brand?

What I did I ordered same pedal but as a single model. I really like how they upgraded the pedal. The pedal footboard is now smoother and it's better for sliding (I think they answered to my call about that thing!). The new bearing housing looks much better than the older one. I think that enables to maintain the pedal much easier.

Can't say anything else about the new Iron Cobra because I don't have it yet but I think it's pretty much the same as the older one excluding the upgrades.

I was looking for Mapex Falcon first but when I started to examine the pedal I noticed that I couldn't center the beater to the middle of the kick drum head because the hoop clamp was JUST under the footboard itself. In my opinion, huge engineering mistake. I think they made that clamp mechanism just for double bass pedals. Including the Falcon I checked out Tama Speed Cobra pedal as well but I didn't like the pedalboard surface because of the two tracks on it.
Old 06-06-2011, 02:06 PM
Gold Member

Default Re: New 2011 Iron Cobra Power Glide single pedal

where did you get a 2011 iron cobra? i REALLY want a double version of it, but no stores in australia have them, and i can't find any stores in the states?

i'd really appreciate if someone could tell me where i could get 2011 cobras shipped to aus! i'll love you forever! i promise <3
Old 06-06-2011, 04:41 PM

Default Re: New 2011 Iron Cobra Power Glide single pedal

Quote:
Originally Posted by uniin View Post
where did you get a 2011 iron cobra? i REALLY want a double version of it, but no stores in australia have them, and i can't find any stores in the states?

i'd really appreciate if someone could tell me where i could get 2011 cobras shipped to aus! i'll love you forever! i promise <3
I ordered mine from Thomann. It's one of the biggest or the biggest music store in Europe. Not sure about shipping outside Europe but go thomann.de and check it out. I hope this helps!