DRUMMERWORLD OFFICIAL DISCUSSION FORUM   

Go Back   DRUMMERWORLD OFFICIAL DISCUSSION FORUM > Drum Gear > Pedals

Pedals Discuss Pedals

Old 05-17-2011, 09:04 PM

Default Premier 252

I just found an old (and pretty dirty) Premier 252 pedal in my garage, and I was wondering if anyone here has any experience with one?
I tried it out today and I was really impressed. For such an old pedal it feels really light and responsive. With a bit of a polish it's looking (almost) quite nice too.
Old 05-17-2011, 09:31 PM

Default Re: Premier 252

Quote:
Originally Posted by crucifixdrums View Post
I just found an old (and pretty dirty) Premier 252 pedal in my garage, and I was wondering if anyone here has any experience with one?
I tried it out today and I was really impressed. For such an old pedal it feels really light and responsive. With a bit of a polish it's looking (almost) quite nice too.
One of my drum teachers years ago had one. I remember thinking at the time that it felt really nice to play, but it was so long ago I can't remember now what it was like. Let us know how it goes.
Old 05-19-2011, 07:04 PM

Default Re: Premier 252

I've been playing with the Premier 252 for a couple of days now and I'm really pleased with it. (So much so that I've ditched my Mapex P390 double).
From what I understand, it's got a compression spring similar to the Lugwig Speed King, and mine is the direct drive version, which gives it a nicely balanced, light feel.

It's really responsive and feels incredibly smooth. I wasn't expecting much when I dug it out, but I'm happy that I was wrong. There's one kicking about on eBay at the moment for 25 plus postage and I'd recommend it if anyone's looking for a smooth, fast, single pedal.
Plus, this way you get to say you play a vintage pedal and the word vintage makes anything cool.