DRUMMERWORLD OFFICIAL DISCUSSION FORUM   

Go Back   DRUMMERWORLD OFFICIAL DISCUSSION FORUM > Drum Gear > Heads and Sticks

Heads and Sticks Discuss Heads and Sticks

Old 04-14-2011, 12:23 PM
mediocrefunkybeat

Default Diplomatic Snare Drums

The last time I reheaded my older 14x5.5 ash snare drum was in September and I decided to take a bit of a risk and use a coated Diplomat. I've played it regularly since then and I couldn't be happier and I can sometimes be a hard hitter (I can also be a soft hitter, but that's another story). I hear all the time about how Diplomats can't hold up to abuse because they're so thin, but I have to say that my experience is quite the opposite. Sure, I don't use massively heavy sticks and I don't hit hard all the time, but I thought it would have needed replacing. It doesn't. It sounds great.

Does anyone else here have any experience with a Diplomat on the batter? I'd just like to suggest it to those who otherwise might not have considered it. Certainly surprised me.
Old 04-14-2011, 02:39 PM

Default Re: Diplomatic Snare Drums

Rogers Dynasonic used a coated Diplomat batter over an Ambassador snare side. This was the stock head combination throughout its production.
Old 04-14-2011, 03:21 PM
Gold Member

Default Re: Diplomatic Snare Drums

i have the aquarian equivilant of a diplomat on my 12x6.5 black panther snare. its lovely for that 'pop'. i do use 2b sticks and i am a hard hitter, there are a few dimples here and there but no real damage.