DRUMMERWORLD OFFICIAL DISCUSSION FORUM   

Go Back   DRUMMERWORLD OFFICIAL DISCUSSION FORUM > Off Topic Lounge

Off Topic Lounge All Discussions Not Related To Drumming

Old 01-08-2011, 05:02 PM

Default Re: The best of Craigslist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joey182 View Post
I forget how to set a signature!!! How?!?!
User CP>>Edit Signature (somewhere on the left). If you want the actual quote box then quote me and then copy/paste all text into the sig editor.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffwj View Post
Dear God.

LMAO
Old 01-08-2011, 05:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evilbagua View Post
http://phoenix.craigslist.org/nph/msg/2144076433.html

As a craigslist warrior, am I the only one who feels weird about pics of gear with people in them? Also 16" snare...right. "UNIQUE AND BEAUTIFUL CUSTOM PAINTED" haha by who, a drunk easter bunny?
At least they are set up decent lol.
Old 01-08-2011, 08:47 PM
Gold Member

classic!!!!!
FYI.. if anyone has a Tama bell brass or Brady snare I will trade you for my Ludwig acrolite or I'll buy it for $75
Old 01-12-2011, 03:30 PM

I have to agree that the set ups defy physics. The first rack tom is pointing at a 90 degree angle to the wall, the floor tom is on a cymbal stand, and the bass drum is used for roasting marshmallows. Plus its always a sunlite, cb or some drumset that with "symbols" is 200 bucks brand new. Rip off artists
Old 01-23-2011, 03:09 AM

Old 03-10-2011, 08:26 PM
Platinum Member

http://richmond.craigslist.org/msg/2257198564.html

Old 03-21-2011, 05:10 PM
Gold Member

http://www.blocket.se/stockholm/Tama....htm?ca=18&w=3

Sweden's equivalent to Craigslist. 18 tom, two 20 floor, 28 bass...
Old 04-07-2011, 10:18 PM
Platinum Member

This thread hasn't been getting a lot of love lately. Saw this one while wasting time at work.

Ludwig Pacific Drumset Complete - $450

Nice, low-miles set - Pacific Bass and 3 Toms, along with very nice, hi-end Ludwig snare. Set up with a Zildzian hi-hat and 3 cymbals (rides and crash, which are like new). The Remo heads were replaced a couple of years ago, they are in decent shape, relatively minor stuff considering the price of the set. This is a really good price, as it was well taken-care-of. This won't last!

Not to nitpick but that's obviously a Blackrolite...
Attached Images

Old 04-07-2011, 11:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffwj View Post
Oh good lord, that made me laugh!
Old 04-08-2011, 12:03 AM
mediocrefunkybeat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Menace View Post
This thread hasn't been getting a lot of love lately. Saw this one while wasting time at work.

Nice, low-miles set - Pacific Bass and 3 Toms, along with very nice, hi-end Ludwig snare. Set up with a Zildzian hi-hat and 3 cymbals (rides and crash, which are like new). The Remo heads were replaced a couple of years ago, they are in decent shape, relatively minor stuff considering the price of the set. This is a really good price, as it was well taken-care-of. This won't last!

Well yes, it is a Blackrolite. A decent snare. Not sure how he managed to develop that taste based on the rest of the kit!
Old 04-10-2011, 01:23 AM

Quote:
2 Years and they are still like that? Take a picture! I have to see this!
Alright, I FINALLY got a picture of it! Not the worst thing on here, but worth a mention lol.

The tom mount screws are stripped out, the heads are 2 year old Aquarian studio X. The cymbals are FUBAR now, and he breaks sticks in a matter of minutes. HE DENTED AN EMPEROR X FOR CHRIST SAKES lol

Oh, and yes, the floor tom is TOUCHING the snare. The toms are lower and steeper now. I don't get it. I'll get a more recent picture up sometime next week
Attached Images

Old 04-12-2011, 08:54 PM
Silver Member

http://washingtondc.craigslist.org/m...320500572.html

this is my old kit, I just sold it 2 months ago. The guy added a coupe of stands and 2 cymbals and is asking almost 4x what he paid for it...
Old 04-14-2011, 12:59 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cameo View Post

http://www.blocket.se/stockholm/Tama....htm?ca=18&w=3

Sweden's equivalent to Craigslist. 18 tom, two 20 floor, 28 bass...
I like the term Frontpuka
Old 04-14-2011, 02:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by scarlit View Post
http://washingtondc.craigslist.org/m...320500572.html

this is my old kit, I just sold it 2 months ago. The guy added a coupe of stands and 2 cymbals and is asking almost 4x what he paid for it...
BUT IT HAS A ZILJIAN CRACH!
Old 04-14-2011, 05:00 AM
Platinum Member

I'd think if you're going to to claim you have a vintage drum set, you would at least make an effort to either stack it or set it up:

http://losangeles.craigslist.org/sfv...319652723.html

Old 04-14-2011, 04:05 PM
Gold Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by GRUNTERSDAD View Post
I like the term Frontpuka
Puka means tom-tom (thank you, Mr. Obiously). I say "hängpuka"... ;)
Old 04-15-2011, 03:01 AM
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by classicstar View Post
BUT IT HAS A ZILJIAN CRACH!
Ahh, thank you. I keep looking back on this thread and that cracks me up every time.
Old 04-25-2011, 11:22 PM

Copied this from Craigslist Seattle once upon a time.

I'm reasonably certain this bass will get you laid - $115 (Bothell)
Date: 2009-08-20, 8:03AM PDT
Reply to: sale-k2sga-1332895245@craigslist.org [Errors when replying to ads?]

Not having much luck with the ladies? Has the economy of your love life entered a severe recession? Some people would spout off the same tired old platitudes about getting a job, taking a shower, and moving out of your parent's basement. But not me! Oh no, I've a much simpler solution. This sweet bass.

It's a widely accepted scientific fact that chicks dig guys in bands. You may say "But don't they all like the lead guitarist?" First off, that's just rude, to interrupt my sales pitch like that. Jerkface. Second, the guitards can only do so much, leaving lots of frustrated groupies with nowhere to expend all that energy but you. Third, when you play bass every woman in the room shakes her butt in time to the two fingers on your right hand. Just sayin'...

Peavey Milestone III bass guitar with original fitted Peavey gig bag for $115 obo. For those unfamiliar with the term, "obo" stands for "Or Best Offer." So feel free to try and bargain, offer trades etc. Good overall shape, straight neck, solid frets, all pots and pups in good shape. Has a nice low action, and is freshly tuned. Surprisingly hot pickups for a passive. The gig bag is nicely padded, and has a little leather thingy to hold the handles together. Couple small cosmetic issues (little buckle rash, chip outta the horn, and a couple rusty screws) that don't affect playability. Really good tone for a bargain bass. I'll be dropping the price $1 a day until it's sold, or no longer worth posting. Let's hope it doesn't come to that.

Also open to trades for just about anything bass related, and a lot of things non-bass related. Make me an offer, and I promise I won't laugh. Unless that offer involves UPSing me a check, you writing me a $5000 check and I'll give you the difference, or helping you get your money out of Nigeria. I'll take this down when it's sold, and summarily delete any email just asking "Still available?"

I accept cash, postal money order, or paypal. I might accept kittens, puppies, ferrets, or particularly handsome snakes. I'm disinclined to take small children, sexual favors, drugs, or your immortal soul. I'll also accept job offers to write copy. Buy this nice bass before I get all rockstar and set it on fire then smash it into the curb.

I'll also set it on fire and smash it for your entertainment for $90. You get a discount because let's face it, I'd enjoy that too.
• it's NOT ok to contact this poster with services or other commercial interests
Old 05-21-2011, 06:20 PM

http://flint.craigslist.org/msg/2389118035.html
Old 05-23-2011, 05:13 PM
Platinum Member

My favorites are the band ads:

Quote:
Trying to do something raw and full of energy. Angry, but also fun. House shows, releasing a new cdr and tape every month, Smiths cover album, ect. I am 23, reliable equipment and ride. Booking and touring experience. I enjoy drinking and drugs, but they are not a huge or frequent part of my life. You be over 18, passionate, and fun. I am willing to deal with no car or cash for the right person. Email for a bad demo recording.
Quote:
This is a D.I.Y. (Do It Yourself) Tour so if you are not comfortable living in a van for months on end with three other guys this tour is NOT for you. However if you are comfortable with that lifestyle then by all means please read on... Here you have an opportunity to leave the bar scene and monotony behind and take a shot at your dreams, the reason you picked up an instrument in the first place. PLEASE keep in mind this tour will be booked upon the COMPLETION of the bands line up and will stretch on for at least three months, once the band's line up is complete they will be handed their dates from the booking agency. If all goes well the band will collectively decide if they would like to stay on the road longer. The band will be traveling by van for the whole tour so please keep that in mind.
Quote:
Seeking musicians for a collaborative Black Metal Band/Project...I play 6 instruments, and am looking to spread some destruction....Best inst. is drums, but also shred abit and am classically practiced keys.....I am seeking other serious musician's who revel in the shadows of today's world.....(856)298-3911 JJ
DO NOT APPLY FOR OTHER STYLES!!!I AM A DISGUSTINGLY CRAZY MUSICIAN, AND THEREFORE DO NOT WANT TO PLAY ANYTHING ELSE....IF YOU"RE NOT A FAN OF DARK MUSIC:DO NOT APPLY!!!!!let me know....
Quote:
I am a guitarist/harmonicaist/singerist looking for someone who plays guitar not much better than me, but certainly not worse, for an acoustic duo (or band) that would sound something like Television or VU. You know what I mean.
Quote:
Well seasoned, marinated, and cooked to perfection.Crispy on the outside and tender on the inside. Pockets so deep that even the bass player can't climb out. Plays anything from Classic Rock, to Southern Rock, Country Rock, Traditional and Today's Country, R & B and Motown, Blues, 80's 90's and Modern Rock, Alt/Indie. Covers/Originals. No Metal, no Grunge, No Scremo, No Grindcore.
Quote:
Singing bassist & killer lead guitarist seek drummer to play rock covers in dive bars for a little cash, free beer and bar food at best. The bassist just turned 40, has been in and out of bands for 20+ years, and sings leads and is open to sharing the vocal duties with bandmates so if you sing that's a plus but not necessary. The guitarist is 24, kicks ass on leads, sings backups and is just starting to take on some lead vocals. We've been gigging in a band called King Piece since November of last year, playing hard rockers (ZZ Top, Green Day, Metallica, NIN), alternative hits (Cage the Elephant, the White Stripes, The Cure), modern dance tunes (Lady Gaga, Katy Perry, No Doubt), '80s pop (Billy Idol, Simple Minds), classic rockers (Eric Clapton, Pink Floyd, CCR), along with some unexpected crowd-pleasing novelty tunes. We have a place to practice in Deptford, NJ complete with an on-site drum set. We have day jobs and are not looking to change our lives with this band. We like being small-time--we’re looking to practice 1x a week, gig out 2-4x a month. If that sounds good, hit us up!
Old 05-23-2011, 11:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by inneedofgrace View Post
My favorites are the band ads:
Quote:
Singing bassist & killer lead guitarist seek drummer to play rock covers in dive bars for a little cash, free beer and bar food at best. The bassist just turned 40, has been in and out of bands for 20+ years, and sings leads and is open to sharing the vocal duties with bandmates so if you sing that's a plus but not necessary. The guitarist is 24, kicks ass on leads, sings backups and is just starting to take on some lead vocals. We've been gigging in a band called King Piece since November of last year, playing hard rockers (ZZ Top, Green Day, Metallica, NIN), alternative hits (Cage the Elephant, the White Stripes, The Cure), modern dance tunes (Lady Gaga, Katy Perry, No Doubt), '80s pop (Billy Idol, Simple Minds), classic rockers (Eric Clapton, Pink Floyd, CCR), along with some unexpected crowd-pleasing novelty tunes. We have a place to practice in Deptford, NJ complete with an on-site drum set. We have day jobs and are not looking to change our lives with this band. We like being small-time--we’re looking to practice 1x a week, gig out 2-4x a month. If that sounds good, hit us up!

at least that one is realistic
Old 05-31-2011, 07:16 AM
Platinum Member

If you're going to charge four grand for a drum kit, and call it "vintage" please have something that is even close to being worth $4000.

http://losangeles.craigslist.org/sfv...411732935.html
Vintage 70's 10-piece Pearl drum set + much more - $4000

This is the 2nd time I've seen this one posted. I'm wondering how long until he realizes that kit isn't worth anywhere close to $4k.
Old 05-31-2011, 07:19 AM
Platinum Member

This one isn't bad per se, I just think if you have a super customized DW kit, and you want a ton of money for it, you might want to have more than one tiny little picture.

http://losangeles.craigslist.org/lgb...411792159.html

At least due the drum kit justice and set it up!
Old 06-02-2011, 04:15 PM
Administrator

Here's hoping you have long arms and aren't bothered by nose bleeds.

http://tampa.craigslist.org/pnl/msg/2415202723.html
Old 06-02-2011, 07:29 PM
Pioneer Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by GRUNTERSDAD View Post
Here's hoping you have long arms and aren't bothered by nose bleeds.

http://tampa.craigslist.org/pnl/msg/2415202723.html
Ha! That's like how drums are set up in my dreams sometimes. Totally impractical/unreachable. That is a good one.
Old 06-02-2011, 08:14 PM
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Menace View Post

Old 06-02-2011, 10:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garvin View Post
Ha! That's like how drums are set up in my dreams sometimes. Totally impractical/unreachable. That is a good one.
Funny man. I have a lot of dreams about not being able to set up my gear in time or correctly prior to a big performance.

Also the seller should consider changing the word "stool" to throne or chair even! Just saying...
Old 06-02-2011, 10:46 PM
Pioneer Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drums&Beer View Post
Funny man. I have a lot of dreams about not being able to set up my gear in time or correctly prior to a big performance.

Also the seller should consider changing the word "stool" to throne or chair even! Just saying...
Yeah, I've talked to a couple other forum members about those kinds of dreams. They're funny huh? Such a relief to wake up and realize it wasn't real... Or was it? Mwahahaha!
Old 06-03-2011, 09:39 PM
Silver Member

Quote:
Found these in Tampa Bay CraigsList! All were above 300$!!!
I'd pay just to see the seller play that china!
Attached Images

Old 06-03-2011, 11:15 PM
Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by LinearDrummer View Post
I'd pay just to see the seller play that china!
Looks like a basketball hoop

Any thoughts on this kit? Looks like a beautiful kit, what do you think of the price?

http://cgi.ebay.com/DW-Jazz-Series-d...#ht_706wt_1141
Old 06-06-2011, 03:52 AM

Gotta love this one:

8 piece drum set with 7 symbols. Tama bass drum with tama foot petal. 1 metal snare and 1 wooden snare. 5 toms.symbols include 20 inch sabian ride. 18 inch zildjian china. (has a chipped edge) 16 inch pm crash. 14 inch crash. 14 inch hi hats. 12 inch china 12 inch flash. Plus lots of extras. Drums are wired with lights and strobes with a 4 button control panel on bass drum. Can be ran by 12 volt battery or ac adapter! Way cool! No room in new apartment so come get em. Please no email! Call Dewayne at

Name:  lightdrum.jpg
Views: 752
Size:  8.2 KB
Old 06-08-2011, 06:34 AM

"these drums were used for drumlessons and practise"

People are actually bidding over €100
Old 06-27-2011, 12:28 AM

Its ebay, not Craigslist, but these are some special tom angles
Old 06-29-2011, 03:58 PM
Silver Member

"These are amazing drums, the base is Aquarian, Tom tom is Evans, snair is Remo, and the lower tom is Evans. Purl blue. Great sound. 300 or best offer and it yours"

http://tucson.craigslist.org/msg/2441635704.html

They can read the names on drumheads, but not a badge on the drum. Oh well atleast the purl blue Snair is amazing.
Old 07-05-2011, 09:11 AM
Gold Member

I know its only $100 but WOW!. Thats a beauty!.

http://sfbay.craigslist.org/pen/msg/2475796465.html

He might have to pay a bill to have it removed...lol.

Thoughts on the make?.

Last edited by Homeularis; 07-05-2011 at 09:26 AM.
Old 07-09-2011, 11:42 PM
Platinum Member

I am currently selling a kit on craigs for $300.
I was contacted by someone who offered me $225 for the kit. He also wanted me to transport the kit to him about 100 miles away!
I emailed him back and I said that I would take $275. I also said that I wouldn't transport the kit that far. He would have to meet me at a location that was halfway.
The perspective buyer then emailed me and called me names that I can't post here.
Now thats how you drive a bargin!

You meet the nicest folks on craigs sometimes! LOL
Old 07-09-2011, 11:49 PM
Gold Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobdadruma View Post
I am currently selling a kit on craigs for $300.
I was contacted by someone who offered me $225 for the kit. He also wanted me to transport the kit to him about 100 miles away!
I emailed him back and I said that I would take $275. I also said that I wouldn't transport the kit that far. He would have to meet me at a location that was halfway.
The perspective buyer then emailed me and called me names that I can't post here.
Now thats how you drive a bargin!

You meet the nicest folks on craigs sometimes! LOL
Wow!...Amazing how many knuckleheads are out there.
I know you wanna shoot him some choice words too, but that would just bring you down to his level.

I have sold and bought at least 1/2 a dozen things on CL. I always drive half way to meet them and use cash.
I've had alot of luck, so far. :/
Old 07-10-2011, 04:41 AM

http://portland.craigslist.org/mlt/muc/2484597025.html
Old 07-10-2011, 07:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShortBus View Post
At least you don't have to wait weeks to figure out the guy's shortcomings.
Old 07-15-2011, 12:54 AM
BigSteve

Quote:
Originally Posted by the_dude View Post
Copied this from Craigslist Seattle once upon a time.

I'm reasonably certain this bass will get you laid - $115 (Bothell)
Date: 2009-08-20, 8:03AM PDT
Reply to: sale-k2sga-1332895245@craigslist.org [Errors when replying to ads?]

Not having much luck with the ladies? Has the economy of your love life entered a severe recession? Some people would spout off the same tired old platitudes about getting a job, taking a shower, and moving out of your parent's basement. But not me! Oh no, I've a much simpler solution. This sweet bass.

It's a widely accepted scientific fact that chicks dig guys in bands. You may say "But don't they all like the lead guitarist?" First off, that's just rude, to interrupt my sales pitch like that. Jerkface. Second, the guitards can only do so much, leaving lots of frustrated groupies with nowhere to expend all that energy but you. Third, when you play bass every woman in the room shakes her butt in time to the two fingers on your right hand. Just sayin'...

Peavey Milestone III bass guitar with original fitted Peavey gig bag for $115 obo. For those unfamiliar with the term, "obo" stands for "Or Best Offer." So feel free to try and bargain, offer trades etc. Good overall shape, straight neck, solid frets, all pots and pups in good shape. Has a nice low action, and is freshly tuned. Surprisingly hot pickups for a passive. The gig bag is nicely padded, and has a little leather thingy to hold the handles together. Couple small cosmetic issues (little buckle rash, chip outta the horn, and a couple rusty screws) that don't affect playability. Really good tone for a bargain bass. I'll be dropping the price $1 a day until it's sold, or no longer worth posting. Let's hope it doesn't come to that.

Also open to trades for just about anything bass related, and a lot of things non-bass related. Make me an offer, and I promise I won't laugh. Unless that offer involves UPSing me a check, you writing me a $5000 check and I'll give you the difference, or helping you get your money out of Nigeria. I'll take this down when it's sold, and summarily delete any email just asking "Still available?"

I accept cash, postal money order, or paypal. I might accept kittens, puppies, ferrets, or particularly handsome snakes. I'm disinclined to take small children, sexual favors, drugs, or your immortal soul. I'll also accept job offers to write copy. Buy this nice bass before I get all rockstar and set it on fire then smash it into the curb.

I'll also set it on fire and smash it for your entertainment for $90. You get a discount because let's face it, I'd enjoy that too.
• it's NOT ok to contact this poster with services or other commercial interests

Crap LMAO!