DRUMMERWORLD OFFICIAL DISCUSSION FORUM   

Go Back   DRUMMERWORLD OFFICIAL DISCUSSION FORUM > Off Topic Lounge

Off Topic Lounge All Discussions Not Related To Drumming

Old 04-06-2011, 05:22 PM

Default Where are you?

Be proud of where you are. I get tired of trying to figure out from where people are posting. Post your location in your personal information. It sheds some light on your perspective in your posts. I am from Norman, Oklahoma, cultural center of the universe!
Old 04-06-2011, 05:28 PM
"Uncle Larry"

Default Re: Where are you?

Suburbs of Philadelphia, PA, USA in beautiful Bucks County, location of the epic struggle for Americas freedom from England. It's a great part of America to live in, you have oceans, mountains, beautiful country, world culture, great food, not too many earthquakes or tornados. I feel fairly safe here. NJ protects us from a Tsunami. No offense to England or NJ intended.
Old 04-06-2011, 05:58 PM
Platinum Member

On top of a hill in rural Herefordshire, close to the border of Wales, & 3,800 miles from the epic struggle to rid England of the Americas, also tsunami proof, lol!
Old 04-06-2011, 06:08 PM
"Uncle Larry"

Andys place is definitely a heaven on earth, I saw the pics. Gorgeous English countryside. And a truly gargantuan landscaping effort (among other amenitys), right Andy?
Old 04-06-2011, 06:08 PM
mediocrefunkybeat

Sitting in my Girlfriend's living room, avoiding packing because she's moving house tomorrow.
Old 04-06-2011, 06:13 PM
Drummerworld Pro Drummer - Administrator

I always put Los Angeles as my location, even though I'm in an adjacent suburb (Torrance.)

Some members are quite clever with their listing though, one has -

hahahahahahahahaha Great stuff!!

Bermuda
Old 04-06-2011, 06:28 PM

I'm just a country boy from Winfield, Alabama. It's a very small town, we only have 5 red lights! I'm just about 35 miles east of Tupelo, Mississippi. Needless to say there's not much to do here. My wife and i have to go to Birmingham to do anything fun. It is quiet where we live though and i like it that way.
Old 04-06-2011, 08:02 PM
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bermuda View Post
I always put Los Angeles as my location, even though I'm in an adjacent suburb (Torrance.)
It's still Los Angeles county, even if it's not the city of Los Angeles. So you're still right.

But to the OP: I agree, it's a bit annoying when people ask "how much is this worth" or "what can I expect to pay.." or "where can I find a place that...." other such questions that are going to vary based on location without providing the location they are in. This site caters to such an international crowd, and the answer for some questions are going to be very different depending on where in the world one is.
Old 04-06-2011, 08:28 PM
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by larryace View Post
Suburbs of Philadelphia, PA, USA in beautiful Bucks County, location of the epic struggle for Americas freedom from England. It's a great part of America to live in, you have oceans, mountains, beautiful country, world culture, great food, not too many earthquakes or tornados. I feel fairly safe here. NJ protects us from a Tsunami. No offense to England or NJ intended.
YOU HAVE NO OCEANS - THEY ARE OURS HERE IN NJ! :)

NJ is thought of as a satellite wasteland of NYC and Phildelphia, but it is actually an awesome state in terms of diversity of geography. We do have both mountains and the ocean, as well as significant farmlands (yes, we are the Garden State for a reason). The environmentally protected area of the Pinelands Reserve in southern NJ is over 1 millions acres in size. I can drive to Philadelphia in a half hour, yet I have a dairy farm down the street. And despite NY's claims, we technically "own" the Statue of Liberty.

Besides, who doesn't love The Sopranos and Frank Sinatra?
Old 04-06-2011, 09:02 PM
Gold Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zickosdrummer View Post
Be proud of where you are. I get tired of trying to figure out from where people are posting. Post your location in your personal information. It sheds some light on your perspective in your posts. I am from Norman, Oklahoma, cultural center of the universe!
Not far from you - on the wind swept plains of Blaine County, near Geary. We've probably bumped shoulders in Larsen's or Guitar Center in OKC, lol. My step daughter and my money go to Norman. She is in her third year at OU right now.
Old 04-06-2011, 09:08 PM
Gold Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Biscuit View Post
I'm just a country boy from Winfield, Alabama. It's a very small town, we only have 5 red lights! I'm just about 35 miles east of Tupelo, Mississippi. Needless to say there's not much to do here. My wife and i have to go to Birmingham to do anything fun. It is quiet where we live though and i like it that way.
Geez, I know where that's at. I used to live in Tuscaloosa back in the mid 1980s. We spent a lot of time in Birmingham, too ,ha ha. One of these days, we are going to drive back down there just to eat at Dreamland Ribs, Krystal Burgers, Morrison's Cafeteria, and then leave and come back home. I sure miss those old haunts.
Old 04-06-2011, 09:32 PM
"Uncle Larry"

Quote:
Originally Posted by inneedofgrace View Post

NJ is thought of as a satellite wasteland of NYC and Phildelphia, but it is actually an awesome state in terms of diversity of geography. We do have both mountains and the ocean, as well as significant farmlands (yes, we are the Garden State for a reason). The environmentally protected area of the Pinelands Reserve in southern NJ is over 1 millions acres in size. I can drive to Philadelphia in a half hour, yet I have a dairy farm down the street. And despite NY's claims, we technically "own" the Statue of Liberty.

Lol OK, but the oceans are close enough. I lived right near you in Lumberton then Oaklyn over 14 straight years. I am in your phone book under electricians lol. NJ does get a bad rap. The TV shows don't help. NJ has a lot. I always buy my gas there lol, it's like 20 cents a gallon cheaper plus they pump it for you! Practice time! But really, you got NYC, The Jersey shore, and if that aint enough you got DC, Phila, Baltimore, just a hop away. Lots of bang for the buck.
Old 04-06-2011, 09:38 PM
Administrator

I am on the left coast of Florida. 2 miles from the Gulf Of Mexico due west of Tampa. A few hours to the Atlantic Ocean and about 150 to Cuba. and 1040 from my roots in Baltimore maryland.
Old 04-06-2011, 10:47 PM
Platinum Member

I'm from the Nati! Cincinnati, of course. Home of Skyline Chili, the Reds (we don't mention that other so-called pro team here) and the worlds best ice-cream, Graeter's!

I live in Ohio but work just over the river in Covington, Kentucky so I'm often posting from a different state (like right now).
Old 04-06-2011, 11:27 PM
Rebel

I am from: Venezuela / State: Zulia / City: Ojeda...close to Lake Maracaibo, the biggest in South America.
Old 04-06-2011, 11:47 PM
Administrator

Quote:

Damn, and now you tell me. I just bought the Statue of Liberty from NY. They lied, they lied. I have been ripped off. But fear not. I have an email here worth 50 million dollars from Nigeria. I'll be OK.
Old 04-07-2011, 12:29 AM
Platinum Member

Quote:
And despite NY's claims, we technically "own" the Statue of Liberty.
Were you thinking of going to collect it any time soon?
Old 04-07-2011, 12:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strangelove View Post
Geez, I know where that's at. I used to live in Tuscaloosa back in the mid 1980s. We spent a lot of time in Birmingham, too ,ha ha. One of these days, we are going to drive back down there just to eat at Dreamland Ribs, Krystal Burgers, Morrison's Cafeteria, and then leave and come back home. I sure miss those old haunts.
Wow! It is a small world when somebody has heard of or been to Winfield! Dreamland BBQ is still there and the food is awsome! Best place in the south to get ribs IMO!
Old 04-07-2011, 02:28 AM
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaryO View Post
I'm from the Nati! Cincinnati, of course. Home of Skyline Chili, the Reds (we don't mention that other so-called pro team here) and the worlds best ice-cream, Graeter's!

I live in Ohio but work just over the river in Covington, Kentucky so I'm often posting from a different state (like right now).
Yeah, a few years ago I flew to Cincinatti to visit my brother in Springboro (near Dayton). I rented a car at the airport, and it had a Kentucky license plate. It was then that I realized I wasn't in Ohio....
Old 04-07-2011, 03:48 AM
Platinum Member

Quote:
Yeah, a few years ago I flew to Cincinatti to visit my brother in Springboro (near Dayton). I rented a car at the airport, and it had a Kentucky license plate. It was then that I realized I wasn't in Ohio....
Yeah, it's one of our favorite tricks...the Cincinnati airport is in Northern Kentucky. Really screws some people up. lol.
Old 04-07-2011, 04:26 AM
Silver Member

I am in Miami.....................Bi(ee)tch. Yes, you read correct. I DID LIVE (actually exist) in Oklahoma City for 12 YEARS (93-05). One of my 2 daughters still lives there. No mo fo me theyere!

Zildjian--Mapex Saturn--Remo--DW 5000--Iron Cobra--Regal Tip AVH
Old 04-07-2011, 03:55 PM
Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by keep it simple View Post
On top of a hill in rural Herefordshire, close to the border of Wales, & 3,800 miles from the epic struggle to rid England of the Americas, also tsunami proof, lol!
My family is Welsh.

I'm from Melbourne, Australia. Well, I live in Melbourne, Australia. I was born in the country, very very small town, so to avoid stalkers I don't think I'll mention it :D Fairly certain I was the only drummer in the entire town.
Old 04-07-2011, 04:09 PM

I am right here!!!

But y'all figured that one already.

I'm actually in Elizabethtown Kentucky. That's just south or Louisville in case y'all are wondering
Old 04-07-2011, 04:30 PM
mediocrefunkybeat

In a rented Vauxhall van, half way around the M25...
Old 04-07-2011, 04:36 PM
Platinum Member

just got back from 3 months in manchester. Which i hated. Glad to be back here at my home in East Yorkshire. Everyone is just like "why would you rather be in HULL than MANCHESTER!?" They obviously don't understand...

EHs Music Facebook Page
Old 04-07-2011, 05:09 PM
mediocrefunkybeat

Eddie, my brother lives in Manchester. You studying there?
Old 04-07-2011, 07:20 PM
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kissarmyfreak View Post
I'm actually in Elizabethtown Kentucky. That's just south or Louisville in case y'all are wondering

I'll be driving thru E-town tomorrow on my way to West TN (just south of Paducah). I'll wave at ya! :)
Old 04-07-2011, 07:59 PM
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mediocrefunkybeat View Post
Eddie, my brother lives in Manchester. You studying there?
Unfortunately. MMU. Engineering.

EHs Music Facebook Page
Old 04-07-2011, 09:52 PM
mediocrefunkybeat

Quote:
Originally Posted by eddiehimself View Post
Unfortunately. MMU. Engineering.
Ah, my brother is a Maths PhD at Manchester...

I like Manchester Eddie! It could be worse. You could be at UCLAN!
Old 04-08-2011, 05:29 AM

See what happens when you're gone from the web site for a day!

I really wasn't trying to start a thread about where everyone was. I was just trying to get you to put it in your info that appears in the upper right hand corner of your post. That way, when we read your post, it gives us some prespective of "where you are coming from", figuratively and literally.
Old 04-08-2011, 05:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GRUNTERSDAD View Post
I am on the left coast of Florida. 2 miles from the Gulf Of Mexico due west of Tampa. A few hours to the Atlantic Ocean and about 150 to Cuba. and 1040 from my roots in Baltimore maryland.
Gruntersdad, I love your avitar. Do you really have that kit? I saw one in person in Oklahoma City just being sold, and another one on display in Dallas just last night. Best looking stuff I've seen in a while.
Old 04-08-2011, 05:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strangelove View Post
Not far from you - on the wind swept plains of Blaine County, near Geary. We've probably bumped shoulders in Larsen's or Guitar Center in OKC, lol. My step daughter and my money go to Norman. She is in her third year at OU right now.
I doubt we've bumped shoulders in either place. I haven't been to Larson's in years and GC only once. I just don't get up that way. But, when you visit your daughter, come by the Candy Basket in Carriage Plaza on Main Street. It's my store and I've been said to hang out there occasionally. :-) I'll give you some free coffee and chocolate. Goes for anyone else on the board, too.
Old 04-08-2011, 06:48 AM
Gold Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zickosdrummer View Post
I doubt we've bumped shoulders in either place. I haven't been to Larson's in years and GC only once. I just don't get up that way. But, when you visit your daughter, come by the Candy Basket in Carriage Plaza on Main Street. It's my store and I've been said to hang out there occasionally. :-) I'll give you some free coffee and chocolate. Goes for anyone else on the board, too.
Will do, thanks for the invite. She lives over off of Lindsey, but we usually drive around Norman to go eat somewhere.
Old 04-08-2011, 11:51 AM
Hellwyck

Quote:
just got back from 3 months in manchester. Which i hated. Glad to be back here at my home in East Yorkshire. Everyone is just like "why would you rather be in HULL than MANCHESTER!?" They obviously don't understand...
Which bring the thread to me.

Manchester born & bred, currently living with my girlfriend in Clifton, a suburb of Salford, in itself a town inside Greater Manchester.

What exactly do you have against Manchester, anyway? It's not that bad a place.
Old 04-08-2011, 01:32 PM
Gold Member

Puerto Rico! A small island in the Caribbean archipelago.
Old 04-08-2011, 05:35 PM
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mediocrefunkybeat View Post
I like Manchester Eddie! It could be worse. You could be at UCLAN!
True. They did a lot better than MMU in the formula student last year though...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellwyck View Post
What exactly do you have against Manchester, anyway? It's not that bad a place.
The impression i get is that everyone hates everyone else and would cross the street to avoid helping someone. Just feels like a really lonely place, even though there are a load of people there.

EHs Music Facebook Page
Old 04-08-2011, 06:28 PM

I am from the year 2284
Old 04-08-2011, 07:55 PM

Lexington KY here. Keeneland racetrack opened today and its gonna be a fun nite of music and friends!
Old 04-09-2011, 12:15 AM

Ft. Worth, Texas, USA
Old 04-09-2011, 07:46 PM
Hellwyck

Quote:
The impression i get is that everyone hates everyone else and would cross the street to avoid helping someone. Just feels like a really lonely place, even though there are a load of people there.
Funny, everyone else says the exact opposite.

I'm not biased, I do think there's some idiots in Manchester but hell, there is everywhere I've ever been but I think Manchester is one of the freindliest cities out there... Well I am in the metal scene and we're a pretty freidnly lot anyway up here...