DRUMMERWORLD OFFICIAL DISCUSSION FORUM   

Go Back   DRUMMERWORLD OFFICIAL DISCUSSION FORUM > Off Topic Lounge

Off Topic Lounge All Discussions Not Related To Drumming

Old 03-31-2011, 11:26 PM

Default April Fool's Day Jokes?

Anybody got any really good April Fool's Day jokes? I'm looking for some suggestions.
Old 03-31-2011, 11:33 PM
Administrator

Default Re: April Fool's Day Jokes?

Using the Off Topic Lounge
The original purpose of the Off Topic forum was to discuss subjects that were musical in nature but not necessarily drum-related. We have allowed a bit of leeway with this definition, but we have discovered through trial and error what fits here and what doesn't. Please do not discuss extremely trivial matters. Do not post jokes or poetry. Do not discuss politics or religion. Do not post links to “hilarious” videos of stupid people doing stupid things. If you, in your best judgment, create a post or thread that is deleted from this or any other forum topic, understand that we have the final say regarding what is appropriate and what is not.
Old 04-01-2011, 03:56 AM

Yes sir. I didn't mean to ruffle any feathers. I had no idea you were in charge of this site. Sooo Sorry!!
Old 04-01-2011, 03:59 AM
Administrator

I'm not in charge. Just spreading the word. They tend to get off color too quickly.
Old 04-01-2011, 04:02 AM

They? .
Old 04-01-2011, 04:04 AM
Gold Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by specgrade View Post
They? .
Jokes, that is.

Old 04-01-2011, 03:05 PM

How about "pranks"? Am I splitting hairs here?
Old 04-03-2011, 07:23 PM

my singer pulled a good on on my band yesterday (day after april fools but still effective) all week he's been saying theres a big announcement for the band that he's going to announce at the show.

there's a keyboard player he used to be in a band with who ended up "making it" and ended up playing with yngve malmsteen and ripper owens .. (back story) so his prank was saying that he got a call from ripper asking joel(my singer) to replace him because he's moving to a different project. and then he said it will be his last show with us and he is leaving on tuesday to go to L.A. ....

then we played a song ...

then ... APRIL FOOLS MOTHER F........S

LOL
Old 04-04-2011, 03:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by shadowlorde View Post
my singer pulled a good on on my band yesterday (day after april fools but still effective) all week he's been saying theres a big announcement for the band that he's going to announce at the show.

there's a keyboard player he used to be in a band with who ended up "making it" and ended up playing with yngve malmsteen and ripper owens .. (back story) so his prank was saying that he got a call from ripper asking joel(my singer) to replace him because he's moving to a different project. and then he said it will be his last show with us and he is leaving on tuesday to go to L.A. ....

then we played a song ...

then ... APRIL FOOLS MOTHER F........S

LOL

Now that's a good one LOL!
Old 04-04-2011, 06:57 PM
Silver Member

My seven year old daughter got up on Friday morning and one of the first things she said was "April Fools." I informed her that the custom is to prank someone and then say April Fools. I waited about a minute and then told her that I had sold the Playstation 3 along with the 40" TV it's hooked up to because we didn't have enough money for cat food. The look on her face was one of complete despair. Her eyes were just starting to well up with tears when I shouted "April Fools!" She kind of laughed a little but was ticked off that I got her so good. I kinda felt bad.
Old 04-04-2011, 10:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuzrock View Post
My seven year old daughter got up on Friday morning and one of the first things she said was "April Fools." I informed her that the custom is to prank someone and then say April Fools. I waited about a minute and then told her that I had sold the Playstation 3 along with the 40" TV it's hooked up to because we didn't have enough money for cat food. The look on her face was one of complete despair. Her eyes were just starting to well up with tears when I shouted "April Fools!" She kind of laughed a little but was ticked off that I got her so good. I kinda felt bad.
LOL, You a bad dad! Funny even though!
Old 04-04-2011, 10:49 PM

When I was little I put a rubber band around the spray handle on the kitchen sink. My dad was running a little late, dressed in full suit for a business meeting, and got drenched. While he was trying to appreciate the nature of the prank, he was livid.
A friend at the time did saran wrap under the toilet seat, this is definitely one of the more evil ones.

Musically, one of my favorites comes from Pink Floyd's Syd Barrett.
This is from wikipedia:
There are many stories about Barrett's bizarre and intermittently psychotic behaviour, some known to be true. According to Roger Waters, Barrett came into what was to be their last practice session with a new song he had dubbed "Have You Got It, Yet?". The song seemed simple enough when he first presented it to his bandmates, but it soon became impossibly difficult to learn and they eventually realised that while they were practising it, Barrett kept changing the arrangement. He would then play it again, with the arbitrary changes, and sing "Have you got it yet?". Eventually they realised they never would and that they were simply bearing the brunt of Barrett's idiosyncratic sense of humour.[14]

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Syd_Barrett
Old 04-04-2011, 11:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chaymus View Post
When I was little I put a rubber band around the spray handle on the kitchen sink. My dad was running a little late, dressed in full suit for a business meeting, and got drenched. While he was trying to appreciate the nature of the prank, he was livid.
A friend at the time did saran wrap under the toilet seat, this is definitely one of the more evil ones.

Musically, one of my favorites comes from Pink Floyd's Syd Barrett.
This is from wikipedia:
There are many stories about Barrett's bizarre and intermittently psychotic behaviour, some known to be true. According to Roger Waters, Barrett came into what was to be their last practice session with a new song he had dubbed "Have You Got It, Yet?". The song seemed simple enough when he first presented it to his bandmates, but it soon became impossibly difficult to learn and they eventually realised that while they were practising it, Barrett kept changing the arrangement. He would then play it again, with the arbitrary changes, and sing "Have you got it yet?". Eventually they realised they never would and that they were simply bearing the brunt of Barrett's idiosyncratic sense of humour.[14]

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Syd_Barrett
That Syd guy was a rare breed. I've done the spray handle deal and it always cracks me up LOL.
Old 04-05-2011, 05:54 PM

Sorry, couldn't resist this!

http://www.lonestarpercussion.com/IP...aign=IP-4111AF

BTW, Gruntersdad, couldn't help noticing your new avitar (hubba hubba). Do you actually have that kit (drool)? I saw a guy here in Oklahoma buy one just like that. He isn't even a player. Just bought it to collect.
Old 04-05-2011, 07:40 PM
Platinum Member

At scout camp we always used to make the noobies sing an Indian chant at the campfires:

Owah...

Tonah...

Siam...

Then we'd make them sign it faster and faster until they finally understood what they were saying.

During camporees, we also used to send the new kids out to the other patrols to ask them for a Left Handed Smokeshifter.

On April 1st this year, someone brought in a box of Dunkin Donuts to share with the office. When you opened up the box, it had only a picture of donuts in there.