DRUMMERWORLD OFFICIAL DISCUSSION FORUM   

Go Back   DRUMMERWORLD OFFICIAL DISCUSSION FORUM > Drum Gear > Electronic Drums

Electronic Drums All about Electronic Drums

Old 03-15-2011, 05:43 AM

Default Moving from an acoustic to electronic, suggestions?

Long story short in a few months I'm gona have to buy an electronic drum set because the new area I'm moving into isn't exactly "music friendly". Unfortunately I'm not informed on prices nor brands of good electronic sets.

My budget is going to be around 500-700$, what set do you guys recommend?
If it helps, I'm more of a metal drummer.

I'm not sure what I want in an electronic set since I've never owned one before, but I would much prefer if the electronic set already came with a china and splash cymbal.

Thanks,
Old 03-15-2011, 05:55 AM

Default Re: Moving from an acoustic to electronic, suggestions?

I don't know much about electronic drum kits but I found one I think will fit you it is the Simmons SD9K Electronic Drum Set.

http://www.guitarcenter.com/Simmons-...02-i1401445.gc

It has good reviews as far as I know and it looks like it's good for metal drumming. I know it's 200 more dollars but if you can save up a little more it looks like a good kit. I don't.

With an electric kit you have loaded sound in the drum module than you can set to each cymbal or pad so you'll probably be able to have a splash and a china.
Old 03-15-2011, 05:59 AM
sticks4drums

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrumPowa View Post
Long story short in a few months I'm gona have to buy an electronic drum set because the new area I'm moving into isn't exactly "music friendly". Unfortunately I'm not informed on prices nor brands of good electronic sets.

My budget is going to be around 500-700$, what set do you guys recommend?
If it helps, I'm more of a metal drummer.

I'm not sure what I want in an electronic set since I've never owned one before, but I would much prefer if the electronic set already came with a china and splash cymbal.

Thanks,
Well my friend it is going to be tough to get into anything very good at that price. I would recommend anything Roland. They have been at the forefront for many years. As far as the cymbals go, you can program any pad to be any cymbal you have in the sound module. You will probably have your choice of 4 or 5 China's, and the same for splashes. Then you can alter them to sound exactly the way you want them to sound. Try that with an acoustic set. :)
Old 03-15-2011, 06:01 AM
sticks4drums

Just remember, with electronic stuff, you usually get what you pay for.
Old 03-15-2011, 06:04 AM
Gold Member

I got the Roland TD4 from Guitar Center and with the discounts and rebates it was $600. I would suggest going to try them out first and do your research. The mesh heads (at least on the snare) fells more natural to me. I did look at the Simmons and others there but like the features and feel of the Roland the best for the money.

Good luck
Old 03-29-2011, 01:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by drummerdude9610 View Post
I don't know much about electronic drum kits but I found one I think will fit you it is the Simmons SD9K Electronic Drum Set.

http://www.guitarcenter.com/Simmons-...02-i1401445.gc

It has good reviews as far as I know and it looks like it's good for metal drumming. I know it's 200 more dollars but if you can save up a little more it looks like a good kit. I don't.

With an electric kit you have loaded sound in the drum module than you can set to each cymbal or pad so you'll probably be able to have a splash and a china.
That Simmons kit looks quite nice, but I would heartily recommend the Roland td4kx/td4
Been using this kit for a year now, absolutely fantastic!