DRUMMERWORLD OFFICIAL DISCUSSION FORUM   

Go Back   DRUMMERWORLD OFFICIAL DISCUSSION FORUM > Drum Gear > Pedals

Pedals Discuss Pedals

Old 02-09-2011, 09:10 PM

Default dw 7000 vs mapex p980a

Hey there guys ,,just a query...I am looking at buying some double kick pedals,, I like the look of the DW or MAPEX (good value for money),,Does anyone know the difference between the DW 7000 and Mapex p980 ??I just carn't see the difference..Mapex p980 and the 7000 now has the "turbo" sprockets and both are twin chain systems.....Am I missing something here ??

Thanks in advance..

Sakis
Old 02-09-2011, 09:28 PM

Default Re: dw 7000 vs mapex p980a

Don't buy because of value of money. Buy it because it feels comfortable to you. If there is another pedal out there that you rather have then save your money and get what you want. Have you personally tried out either of these pedals? If not that would be the first thing i would do if possible..just saying.

I haven't had any experience with Mapex pedals but i have owned a DW7000 before getting my Eliminators. The 7000 was a decent pedal to me. The only things i didn't like about them was the footboard seemed a little short and very few set-up options. They also seemed a little heavy to me and not as smooth as other DW pedals or even other brand pedals. The only thing about that Mapex pedal i can tell you is just what i've read. The concensus i get is that people didn't like it all that well. Good luck and i hope you land something you like!
Old 02-16-2011, 01:02 PM

Default Re: dw 7000 vs mapex p980a

finally i bought from ebay one double pedal mapex janus ergo...it's a good choice???thanks