DRUMMERWORLD OFFICIAL DISCUSSION FORUM   

Go Back   DRUMMERWORLD OFFICIAL DISCUSSION FORUM > Drum Gear > Heads and Sticks

Heads and Sticks Discuss Heads and Sticks

Old 02-03-2011, 02:37 PM
Head Questions with no end...

Default EC2 SSTs

Hi guys I may have asked this question before,if I have I'm sorry. If I put clear EC2 SSTs on my Tama SCP kit(all birch) would they cut threw UNmiced in a live situation? I play classic/prog rock.I played out in a nice size room with a Emad2 unmiced and two me it sounded like a cannon but after the gig the bass player from the first band said he dug my drumming but could'nt hear my kick.Do you think this guy had too much to drink HAHA or could he be wright? Also what do you guys think of Aquarian in general.Thanks for listening.
Old 02-03-2011, 02:48 PM
Silver Member

Default Re: EC2 SSTs

You really need to mic your kick to be heard. If you can't, I would recommend a single ply kick drum head with no muffling. Might not sound as good but it will be louder. I would however think the EC2s would cut thru okay. To my ear, they sound very close to a G2 with slightly less sustain. Maybe tune them a little higher than normal and they should project. As far as Aquarian, I have only used them once many years ago. Clear Response 2s. They are good heads. Similar to G2 or Emperor.