DRUMMERWORLD OFFICIAL DISCUSSION FORUM   

Go Back   DRUMMERWORLD OFFICIAL DISCUSSION FORUM > Drum Gear > Other Gear

Other Gear Discuss Hardware and all other equipment not covered in the other topics

Old 01-22-2011, 08:25 PM

Default Peltor isolation headphones vs. Sennheiser HD-380 Pro vs. Extreme Isolation EX-29/25

Hi guys! I have been using Peltor's for 6 years now (two different models) and I have noticed that after a while, they start to hurt my ears.. so they are not comfortable.

I found out Sennheiser HD-380 Pro -headphones and technical information tells that they reduce ambient noise about 32 dB which I find pretty much for studio headphones.. but do they really isolate that well? They would reduce background noise more than my Peltors!

I have also looked for Extreme Isolation -headphones and the design is sightly different than in Peltors generally. Those who do have Extreme Isolation -headphones, do those start to hurt your ears after playing awhile?

I have previous experience about Sennheisres and I have to say.. QUALITY! I bought Sennheiser HD-201s for 25 few years ago and the sound quality is very good. It's a pity that these headphones just aren't able to isolate enough.

Here's a link to Sennheiser HD-380 Pro site: http://www.sennheiser.com/sennheiser...dphones_502717
Old 01-24-2011, 03:22 PM

Default Re: Peltor isolation headphones vs. Sennheiser HD-380 Pro vs. Extreme Isolation EX-29/25

So do you have any experience with either Sennheiser's or Extreme Isolation headphones?
Old 01-24-2011, 05:54 PM
audiotech

Default Re: Peltor isolation headphones vs. Sennheiser HD-380 Pro vs. Extreme Isolation EX-29/25

Quote:
Originally Posted by frozenhenkka View Post
So do you have any experience with either Sennheiser's or Extreme Isolation headphones?
Sorry, but I have no experience with either of the headphones you have listed. I do have a set of Sennheiser 280s that are supposed to have approximately the same ambient sound isolation figures and they work fairly well as tracking phones in a playing environment. I also do know the the 280 headphones are about half the price of the 380s. Wish I could be of more help.

Dennis
Old 01-24-2011, 08:15 PM

No, the senheiser will not isolate up to 32db. If you look closely it says "Up to 32DB" of isolation, which means that only certain frequencies are blocked out that much. Since they TECHNICALLY do block 32db of a very small range of frequencies they are allowed to state that. Also the extreme isolations I found do not isolate very well either.
Old 01-24-2011, 10:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by audiotech View Post
Sorry, but I have no experience with either of the headphones you have listed. I do have a set of Sennheiser 280s that are supposed to have approximately the same ambient sound isolation figures and they work fairly well as tracking phones in a playing environment. I also do know the the 280 headphones are about half the price of the 380s. Wish I could be of more help.

Dennis
I checked out those Sennheiser 280's and found out that I can get 380's for cheaper price than 280's in Europe. I'm just wondering that does those Sennheisers isolate ambient noise almost as much as regular Peltor mufflers because I want to be able to hear for few more years! :) Thanks for answering!
Old 01-24-2011, 10:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RyanL View Post
No, the senheiser will not isolate up to 32db. If you look closely it says "Up to 32DB" of isolation, which means that only certain frequencies are blocked out that much. Since they TECHNICALLY do block 32db of a very small range of frequencies they are allowed to state that. Also the extreme isolations I found do not isolate very well either.
Oh yeah thanks for notice!

Some people have told in other threads that Extreme Isolation -headphones are isolating even too much. Who knows..